• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

DENIED Unban Request/Appeal : Darkly | Hole Of Air

Was this Poll useless?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkly | Hole Of Air

I'm New Here
*I'm sorry I accidentally posted this on the cs:go ban appeals last time.*

| steam name at that time: Darkly | Ass Of Hats
| steamID32: STEAM_0:0:85860811
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198131987350
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/holeofair
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198131987350
Game: TF2
Server: The awesome Darkly TF2 trade servers
Ban Reason : Adverting an buy-in raffle on Darkly Trade servers without getting an admin's permission
Report link: http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/spy-crab-with-buy-in-darkly-ass-of-hats.11805/#post-177929

My case: I was being an idiot. I guess in my mind, I thought hosting no buy-in raffles without stating a server was allowed. Even though I stopped after being asked nicely by Mod Locate, I asked him 3 times repeatedly with my one track mind and then called him rude for answering no 3 items to the same question. I now realize this was unacceptable behavior and it will never happen again. I would also like to use this opportunity to publicly apologize to him. I should have carefully gone through the rules and made sure that this was okay. I didn't because I wrongfully assumed it was allowed. I love the Fantastic Darkly servers, and these servers are the reason I play TF2. I have made countless friends (As seen here:http://steamcommunity.com/id/holeofair/friends/), and memories that will last a lifetime. I would never in a million years, try to break any rules intentionally, and definitely not advert and take people away from this awesome server. In fact, I try to invite all my non-darkly friends on to these, and have brought nearly 15 new people, now regulars, to these cool servers. Whenever I'm on, I even try to help get rid of the filthy scammers, spammers, and nude sprayers I see, to keep our community clean and many regulars and mods can confirm this. I can't stand a perm ban, and I promise such an act will never occur again. I have gone and now carefully read through the server and general darkly rules, so a misunderstanding like this will not happen again. I just wanna go back to the servers where I started my hilarious and entertaining TF2 journey, and back to all my friends, mods, and regulars, I've grown to talk to and love to play with.

To whom this may concern, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this, and
:why: please help get one of you're servers' most faithful fans un-perm banned!
(P.S. This is of course my first (and definitely last) darkly server ban.)

Bird Of PrAy

A Little Darkly
To whom it may concern...I talked to this kid a couple of days ago and explained to him what he did wrong, and he now totally understands why he was banned. He has never been a problem in the servers in the past, and if anything, he is a bit like me in that when I want to do something, I don't always think through all the consequences of my actions, such as arguing with admins in open server to prove my point. He is human like the rest of us in that when we make great plans that don't always work the way we like, we push too hard to make them work.
Doing stupid things does warrant some punishment and suffering for the mistake. As a sign of sincerity I hear that a Japanese mob member will cut off their little finger when giving an apology....but I think he should probably be allowed to keep all his fingers...this time. I hope to see him back in the server soon, but yield to your better judgment. Bird Of PrAy

PS. I love the new map, but it still needs a "bird perch" in blue spawn. :)

Locate☣

DARKLY Regular
I remember you from a few weeks ago when you were called "ass of hats" here: http://darklygaming.com/forum/threads/spy-crab-with-buy-in-darkly-ass-of-hats.11805/ .​
Since I was the active mod on this when it happen and I'm an admin now I suppose I will follow up on your appeal.​
The records show that you were banned for a number on things on top of not asking for permission.​
1: You were trying to host for another server.(You had told me this your self over the mic at the time of raffle)​
2: You were using the Darkly group tag with out being in the steam group at the time of ban.​
3: You were using our reputation with out permission​
All of which are extremely rude & against the rules.​
Also minor issues(compared to the first 3)​
4: You were warned by another user and still acted as if you were doing nothing wrong & said it was okay, here http://imgur.com/BLpHRNN
5: Repetitive spam about asking for permission when I had told you no several times.​
When I found out about your raffle I wrote the report and you were banned a few days after.​
I suppose you already knew most of those things and I do appreciate the apology. As for the flattery towards the server, flattery gets you no where in life.

What you did was wrong you know that I get that you know that, but what you did was one of the WORST things that you could do other then DDoS the server. We at Darkly have a very wide spread reputation, we are loved by most every user who joins ours server and we have one of the biggest tf2 communities. Any tick in that reputation(other then Tick Tock haha) is BIG no. We like our reputation and would like to keep it as such, had you not been acted upon you could have repeated your actions and tarnished our reputation further. I understand you may have just been trying to have fun and not scam or harm any one but the fact you used our servers reputation to promote your raffle made your fate final.

As for the appeal being accepted you are going to have to wait a bit on that. I'm not sure I would allow you a second chance, nor am I sure I would deny your appeal. You will know in a few days when my decision is final.

Sincerely,
Darkly | Locate☣

If you have any comments question or concerns please contact me or another admin directly or reply to this thread.

Reactions: nb

Darkly | Hole Of Air

I'm New Here
Once again, thank you for a personal reply, as I know you, especially as a new admin, you must be quite busy. As mentioned before, I completely understand and take responsibility for my mistakes, and it will definitely never happen again. In response to your comment, I must add a few clarifications though. Although you are right that I did say the raffle is for a non-darkly server, it was not for a specific other community or such, and the intention was not to take players away from darkly servers. I'm not too sure if you were there at the time, but I mentioned the raffle would be taking place in a random empty server, probably Valve. I was not and am currently not affiliated with or play regularly on any other servers or communities. This leads me to the next little confusion. I was part of the Darkly Steam Group for quite a while, and I believe I was in fact part of the steam group during, before, and after the time of ban. I'm sure you have means of checking the validity of this, and I'm not too sure on why you would think otherwise. I even always had the Darkly Gaming Network steam group as my primary group. And lastly, I'm not quite aware of how I was using your reputation without permission, other than the tag. My behavior was incorrect, but I was not aware at the time of occurrence, and would obviously never intentionally tarnish the reputation of what i consider my favorite trading community. This can be confirmed the Moderator: Bird Of Pray, as him and I have been on Darkly tf2 servers together many times, and I always, always, notify him immediately to any spammers, scammers, phishers, or nude-sprayers. I want my trading experience to be perfect, and my server's reputation is of utmost importance. He can also confirm that I am sorry, and I understand my wrong actions. Regarding the 4 and 5th point, you are completely correct, and similar to my original appeal, I sincerely apologize, as my former one-track brain just didn't get the message the first time, so I asked 2 more times. I openly argued with you, Locate, and for that, along with my unacceptable raffle hosting and advertising, I'm sorry. While this, along with the ending of my appeal, may sound like cheesy flattering, it is the genuine truth from a 14-year-old boy who made an accidental error on his favorite trade server(s). I really hope you consider giving me a second and final chance to prove I am worthy of this gaming community.

Thank you, Locate and any one else reading this, and if you have any further remarks before you make you decision, a reply on here or a steam message would be fantastic. I would also like an opportunity, regardless of an unban or not, to personally apologize to you, Locate, if possible.

Thank you,
Darkly | Hole of Air

Darkly | Hole Of Air

I'm New Here
And I completely understand that to be a valid denial reason, but due to the intention to harm not being present, could the ban at least be reduced to a temporary one? I understand that I made a mistake and regardless of it being accidental or not, I should be punished. But since this is my first darkly ban, and I understand my mistake, and the incident was like mentioned before,

Not my jurisdiction, it is @Locate☣'s.

And I completely understand that to be a valid denial reason, but due to the intention to harm not being present, could the ban at least be reduced to a temporary one? I understand that I made a mistake and regardless of it being accidental or not, I should be punished. But since this is my first darkly ban, and I understand my mistake, and the incident was like mentioned before,

Bans and punishment are not negotiable, you already made several mistakes well within reason that you had a choice to make a different one.

Here is a recent example.
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...ile-of-pibus-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.63412/

Status
Not open for further replies.