• Guest, join us on Mumble!

Mumble Voice Communication -- IP: 216.52.148.10 Port: 14600 Channel: WarZ

The War Z Beginner Guide

Dalton442

FORUM BANNED
For all the people who play The War Z and survive, write beginners a nice guide so we do not run around with a flashlight for 30 minutes.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
What 47 said. The battle is won or lost based on who see's who first.

Basic guide is this:
  • loot gear until you get a gun or two, hammers are invaluable, moreso than guns in some cases
  • run back to safezone if you get two or more guns
  • Everytime you join, go in greased 44 nekked, then no tears when you lose everything
  • Pull as few zed's as possible, dead giveaway to bad men, puts us all on high alert
  • Wartime? 1 primary gun, 1 hammer, health packs, and helmets, use 3rd person to see around corners, over shit.
  • Conserve ammo, only shoot when you absolutely need to.
  • Crouching does fuck all, especially in the weeds, because the render distance of the engine.

Basically, how TD rolls is, when somebody spots an enemy, we converge on this person in a pretty coordinated attack.

Pretty much only newbs roll alone nowadays, so it has the possibility to turn into a pretty mega fight.

We tend to have snipers in the breeze (Cock, killomatic), which provide top cover support and eyes for our grunts on the ground. Then you have the hanger-backs(taco, steve, blades), and then you've got the rushers who push the battle(me, 47, 44). Once all is said and done, you share loot, job done.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
We tend to have snipers in the breeze (Cock, killomatic), which provide top cover support and eyes for our grunts on the ground. Then you have the hanger-backs(taco, steve, blades), and then you've got the rushers who push the battle(me, 47, 44). Once all is said and done, you share loot, job done.
You forgot to include the Baiting newbs that get 1 shot at the start of the fight to draw them in (Me)

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
You need to 3rd person more, brodang. Never step around that corner without checking first.'

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
This game has less feels then cs:go now. RIP.

Agreed. So much potential, so little win.

They've finally tooled around with the weapon spawns, so now you can actually loot weapons instead of risk hackers and their ilk in the high pop.

Steve, find me something new NOW