The Official Fuck Windows 7 Thread

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
Ok i had done a lengthy beta testing session on this mother fucker, and i loved it. But the Minuit the made it public it all went to shit!!! i have had nothing but driver issues and incompatibility issues. mostly it would not recognize usb drives and it acts like it is generally acting like it's confused most of the time. Now, windows released a driver update for my vid card about 5 days ago. i installed the driver and it automatically lost my video card. just won't recognize it being there. the next day they released another update for the same thing, it allowed the cpu to recognize the card but was unable manually choose it or auto choose. yesterday they released yet another update and it is the same shit, it says it is there but will not allow it to be used. RAGEEEEEEE.!!!!!

So this has been a thorn in my side and i can't play games efficiently. Has any body else had problems with this windows fall apart shit?

F U C K Y O U W I N D O W S :(

hahaha! That is why I'm still running XP Pro. Figured by the time the 8 core CPU are out and I get a new PC, Windows 7 will be stable =P

suckas!

marinerevenge

TD Member
Had the windows 7 RC for months. Got windows 7 ultimate last night, re-formatted and the only thing I had to do was manually install drivers for my GTX 260.

No complaints here.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
i am personally finding vista basic to do the trick, it is superior to XP, has the features of vista without the bloat (aero). only thing is i have 32-bit and 4gigs of ram :-(... if there is a 64 bit version i don't see any cons. windows is king on the desktop...

fuckin MS releasing new OS's left right and center 8 diff versions and shit, if my laptop came with nothing installed i would be dual bootin ubuntu 64 bit and just put xp pro which i already own when i need it in a vm.

LT_Clash

TD Member
im not haveing any problems with WIN 7 so far. other than it not being compatible with my sound card but the mobo i got has a better sound card anyways so no biggie

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
my girl got win7-64bit on her laptop, no problems so far.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Works like a beaut on my Media PC. But it's not touching my gaming machine.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Have it on my laptop (media machine, blu-ray, HDMI yada yada), and my gaming pc. NO PROBLEMS, NONE.

Here's your fix:

1 ) Click Start
2 ) Right Click "Computer" -> "Properties"
3 ) Top left hand corner -> "Device Manager"
4 ) Under "Display Adapters" you'll see your video card, double click it
5 ) Select "Driver" tab
6 ) Select "Roll Back Driver"
7 ) Once successful, reboot and test to your liking
8 ) Repeat until original, functioning-to-your-liking is back.

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
Have tried all the angles on this mofo. it seems like the update restricted certain access to the card. i am going to try unistalling the updates in hopes of getting my old config. back.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1266555217=[503]Hoggslayer]
Have tried all the angles on this mofo. it seems like the update restricted certain access to the card. i am going to try unistalling the updates in hopes of getting my old config. back.
[/quote1266555217]

That was gonna be my next recommendation. Go through Control Panel's "Programs & Features" and remove the updates.

Worst comes to worst, uninstall your video card and it's drivers (download a driver cleaner if necessary, they're free over google) and restart. Once it loads a stock driver, deny and remove the updates it asks you to do.

iSeize

TD Admin
I have had NO problems. I think Windows is finally learning how to make an OS work after 20 years of fail.

Narf!

TD Admin
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

If you're gonna go PC, go with XP. It's going to be compatible with all the games coming out. Plus, most of the Win7 features are just eye-candy -- most of which you won't see anyway when you're fullscreen into some game or movie.

I've heard good things about WIn7, but it's just not worth the extra headache I'll be getting when trying to get it to work with [insert app name here]. I'll upgrade to Win7 when Win8 comes out...haha

Have had only a few issues with Win7 sofar, mostly booting errors. Running Pro 32-bit, stayed away from 64-bit after all the hassles of XP64, not worth the headache.

It requires a good ammount of mem I find, had 2GB and recently went up to 3GB, less thrashing of the HD. XP can get away with 1GB.

I would never install MS recommended vid drivers! fuck no, go to the source always, same goes with my sound card.

auron

TD Admin
I really like windows 7, after completely disabling user account control. It does some nice things, and is beautiful. No complaints here.

Had about 5 minutes worth of trouble the first time I installed CSS on it, nothing since then. Use it at work too, no compatibility or program issues. 64-bit on both.

skd_mrk

TD Admin
I have had non-stop issues with Windows 7 ONLY related to Counterstrike. It keeps throwing HL2.exe has stopped working errors. I think I've had one crash outside of that. I'm going to build a new PC just to see if it improves things. My current PC is about 3 years old.

auron

TD Admin
[quote1266592109=skd_mrk]
I have had non-stop issues with Windows 7 ONLY related to Counterstrike. It keeps throwing HL2.exe has stopped working errors. I think I've had one crash outside of that. I'm going to build a new PC just to see if it improves things. My current PC is about 3 years old.
[/quote1266592109]
During game or after you exit?

Except for when it crashed when installing the first time and lack of drivers for my remote I love it. but I didn't hate vista so maybe my vote doesn't count