Tank Minigame

This sound like a good plugin to have on trade_rawr?

• Yes! Lets use it!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No. I never want to see this again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
As the title says, I am currently working on a Tank-minigame for the trade servers (for fun). What happens is, a player votes for the game mode by typing "!votetank", if yes wins the vote, a tank will spawn on the map. And will roam around the map until it reaches completely around the ring. Once it does, it will deploy a bomb. If it is deployed, you lose the mini game. You must kill the tank before it does. It will happen in waves (up to possibly... 10?)

Trying to make this as quality coded as Valve would do there games. (by that, I will be making mvm music play, force players to do battlecrys, alerts, etc).

What are your thoughts? Hopefully if this works out it will be used. (Tanks should not use as much CPU as anything else in the game, as they run off no nav. Their main goal is to follow a set of placed ents that the plugin will generate onto the map. When it reaches it's destination, it fires an output to deploy. Not much will be used, I assure you)

If anyone wants to know an ETA, I started working on this around yesterday, and im already 55% done coding it. May be released by Friday if possible.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Sounds very cool.
If you can get this done to a professional standard I bet it would be awesome!

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Started debugging it a bit more today.
Sorry it wasnt done friday, I got back from school and was busy.

Anyway, an update on my progress if anyone wants to know:
I finished fixing the tanks path (had to re-work my incrementing system to count where the next path ent should be placed).
Now that the difficult part is working, I'll be adding functions to play the MvM music and HP tracking, etc.

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Here is a teaser:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030121248/screenshot/902098651246720628?tab=public

Heathbar is messed up, I will be making a Text-display healthbar along with that one. That other healthbar only shows health when it's hit at-least once.

Also fixed a handle leak in the code where the timers would stack, messing up the tanks route around the arena.

What needs to still be done:
Healthbar and finish-up round testing.
Make health increment by around 400-500+ per round.

May be released by the end of the day =)

shoottomaim

BANNED
Here is a teaser:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030121248/screenshot/902098651246720628?tab=public

Heathbar is messed up, I will be making a Text-display healthbar along with that one. That other healthbar only shows health when it's hit at-least once.

Also fixed a handle leak in the code where the timers would stack, messing up the tanks route around the arena.

What needs to still be done:
Healthbar and finish-up round testing.
Make health increment by around 400-500+ per round.

May be released by the end of the day =)
Good lord.
Will the halloween dude still be there?

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Yep. He is here to stay. I did not change him.

Here it is, after 48 hours of work, I present, the Tank Minigame!

Commands: "!votetank" will start the vote. If it wins, the minigame starts!

Credits:
Ranmore - Helped me test.
MasterOfTheXP: Was kind enough to let me use his custom FindEntityByClassname method, which is more convenient than what I was doing.

If any bugs are found, post them here and I will look into them.

NOTE: If errors show up on the console for the server, and they say something about an Invalid Timer handle (hash), ignore it. It's my lousy coding. It does not affect the game in any way. I will be looking into it later this week.

NOTE2: Please use this only on the trade_rawr servers, the coords are not set for plaza, so who knows where the tank will go.

Attachments

• MvMTankMinigame.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 187

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Can you reset the server? Thats weird. It's never happend when I was testing this today. Odd.

Did anything besides the Timer handle spam occur in the console?

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
Updated plugin, made a check system that should hopefully force spawn it if this occurs.

Attachments

• MvMTankMinigame.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 240

shoottomaim

BANNED
I had Brades remove this plugin on Chicago #1.
Tank was stuck on Round 3/10, 2900 HP. It was invisible, and the server was lagging like hell.
Brades had to do a complete restart even after removing the plugin to fully remove the lag.
No errors in dev console.

Dr. Zoidberg

TD Admin
i think if fully coded properly, this would ba an awesome mini-game! please keep me posted if you guys have this up and running!