Suggestion

Hawk-Eye

TD Member
Hey guys, I was wondering if having an extra server costs more money because if it does...shouldn't we close down the second CSS TD server, I mean in the beginning it was decent...but now it's just plain empty all the time I've noticed.

So if its only costs like a couple bucks more, but if its 1/3 of our server costs...then wouldnt it be better not having it?

just my thoughts LoL

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
We are on a dedicated box; therefore, whether we run 1 or 5 servers, we are still paying the same. It was with the old host that we were paying per slot as we were on a shared box.
The 2nd css hasn't picked up at all, but until we find another game to host, might as well leave it for when the server population comes back to normal in case ya'll wanna play if the main is full.

[503]Hoggslayer

TD Member
I think we should have one server running all custom maps, and the other running stock maps, same settings. then there is always a server to join. and take d2/office/ass map off the custom server. there is lots of times when the main is full and i just want to play, so it would be nice to hop into a game even with the main jacked up.

just a thought, i mean why not? :P

Narf!

TD Admin
Name your next child after me Hogg.

Just a though, I mean why not?

Mmm...it would be a good idea, except it'll just get ppl jumping from server to server because kismayo is playing on the other, and italy on the one their at and vice versa... I dunno...*shrugs*

Shortbus

Professional Cocksucker
Another Suggestion!!!

When theres a mapvote, is there any way to change option 1 and 2 to kick the players who pressed it? Alot of the time when map votes appear, people just mash those 2 buttons to get it off their screen. Maybe its not necessary now that all the maps are on but when the site was down it was constant d2/office which sucks since there is a server that serves that purpose.

TurboTaco

TD Admin
@ Hawk

The original plan with our server expansion was to branch out into other games to create a larger TD community not isolated to CS:S and CS:S GG. So we created a TF2 Server and L4D server.

TF2 server was a solid +1 as it is generally populated as much as our CS:S server...altho lately it seems our population is waning (possibly from our 2 week website hiatus)

L4D server obviously was a flop considering the way these new fag-developers are creating multiplayer games with lame matchmaking systems voiding any use of dedicated servers (MW2 u fucking bastards for establishing IWNet for PC gamers...)

Anyway, I think we could set up a L4D2 server that we can join as there is a dedicated server list to choose from...I'm sure some TD members who have L4D2 can be set up with some sort of admin commands to lock the server up if 4 guys wanna shoot the shit on a L4D2 TD server....altho I don't know how to enable the dev console yet....I know its possible but dunno if its 'legit' or considered a hack.

Apparently some rumours are floating around saying 'hackers' who enabled the console in MW2 got the banhammer? Not sure if its true, but thats lame as fuck if valve is banning ppl for opening up a dev console.

HooB.wg

Hacking Faggot
[quote1259673802=Shortbus]
Another Suggestion!!!

When theres a mapvote, is there any way to change option 1 and 2 to kick the players who pressed it? Alot of the time when map votes appear, people just mash those 2 buttons to get it off their screen. Maybe its not necessary now that all the maps are on but when the site was down it was constant d2/office which sucks since there is a server that serves that purpose.
[/quote1259673802]

That is absolutely ridiculous. lol.

As for the server, we probably need to focus on getting our main server up to full force again before we worry about other ones. Main server is rarely at capacity since the site and stats are back up. I have a feeling everything will be good soon, it's starting to pick up :)

Pyro

TD Admin
[quote1259680825=HooB.wg]
[quote1259673802=Shortbus]
Another Suggestion!!!

[/quote1259673802]

That is absolutely ridiculous. lol.

As for the server, we probably need to focus on getting our main server up to full force again before we worry about other ones. Main server is rarely at capacity since the site and stats are back up. I have a feeling everything will be good soon, it's starting to pick up :)
[/quote1259680825]
students (a large % of the gaming population) are all busy this time of year finishing essays and other projects. next week, when exams start, i imagine things will pick right the fuck up.

but yeah the other server... even before we had all the site/stat/admin issues, our office/d2 server was not doing too well. so i think that soon we should try something new. either a new game like l4d2, or go with Keeripes' idea from awhile ago and make it into some kinda deathmatch server.

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1259681579=TurboTaco]
@ Hawk

The original plan with our server expansion was to branch out into other games to create a larger TD community not isolated to CS:S and CS:S GG. So we created a TF2 Server and L4D server.

TF2 server was a solid +1 as it is generally populated as much as our CS:S server...altho lately it seems our population is waning (possibly from our 2 week website hiatus)

L4D server obviously was a flop considering the way these new fag-developers are creating multiplayer games with lame matchmaking systems voiding any use of dedicated servers (MW2 u fucking bastards for establishing IWNet for PC gamers...)

Anyway, I think we could set up a L4D2 server that we can join as there is a dedicated server list to choose from...I'm sure some TD members who have L4D2 can be set up with some sort of admin commands to lock the server up if 4 guys wanna shoot the shit on a L4D2 TD server....altho I don't know how to enable the dev console yet....I know its possible but dunno if its 'legit' or considered a hack.

Apparently some rumours are floating around saying 'hackers' who enabled the console in MW2 got the banhammer? Not sure if its true, but thats lame as fuck if valve is banning ppl for opening up a dev console.
[/quote1259681579]

Don't forget that COD:MW2 and L4D2 came out this week too so a good chunk of our population went to play those, but like always, they come back...yes, they always come back...

TurboTaco

TD Admin
Definately should see if we can create a dedicated TD L4D2 server when we can! One Campaign/4-player and one Versus!

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Well, its not doing anything right now, so its not hurting. I'll read up on the L4D2 admin mods and take a boo, see what I can see...