• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNBANNED STEAM_0:0:38309595

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireX

I'm New Here
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:38309595
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: DARKLY TORONTO #4
Ban Reason: Ignoring Admins
In-Game Name: FireX
Ban Length: 1440 Minutes; 1 Day
Added more info :P

State your case:
2 friends and I (TeamPlayer; Cool Ryman) went on trade_minecraft(_b38) and TeamPlayer built a teleporter for Cool Ryman and I to enter and kill IDLE players. This went on for a while until the teleporter was taken down and we were still in the spawn. A Darkly player said he could let people in with the High-Five, and so that happened. After a few minutes, an admin came on and said that you're exploiting. So we left and when the Admin left the game, the Darkly player said he would let us in again. Mindlessly agreeing, I got stuck in the spawn door and got greeted with a ban. I know it's for One day but its kinda dumb. Killing Idle players won't do anyone harm. I was leveling my Botkiller Knife and Cool Ryman was getting achievements. I don't remember being warned with a message or even a kick. But I know that you're thinking "Ooh, one day, No big deal, [DENY]" but I think I did nothing wrong on an easily exploited map. Please see it through.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Hi FireX, thanks for appealing.

Exploits of the map are messy to deal with because of their accessibility and oftentimes ease of use. Due to the numerous methods of utilizing these exploits, determining what's ok and what isn't is difficult, and many times incidents fall into a 'grey area' of this. Nevertheless, the DGN Server Rules clearly state:

1. No Cheating Or Use Of Exploits.

This includes all hacks and cheats, phone or 3rd party communications ('ghosting'), skywalking, map exploits, or illegal scripts. We are a zero tolerance community in regards to these things. If you are caught cheating there will be no appeal process, you will receive a permanent ban.

What defines a unfair 'cheat' or 'exploit' can be unclear; many players would argue, as you did, that simply farming kills on idlers isn't an unfair exploit. However, as I clearly stated several times in the server, the server policies set in place and and the instructions of an administrator are NOT debatable. It is not the user's responsibility to determine what's permissible and what is not. When I joined the server, I found Team A's teleporter inside Team B's spawn along with several members of Team A inside Team B's spawn, and shortly afterward a Sentry Gun of Team A setup inside Team B's spawn. I understand that these exploits are common and easy to accomplish with RTD's noclip effect, the High-Five Taunt glitch, et cetera, and I know that they can be fun to do, so in response I took down the teleporter, removed all Team A players from Team B's spawn, and asked that you cease from using said exploits further. You contested these actions, and after much conversation I stated that it wasn't up for debate, asked you stop "for the night", and left the server. Immediately after I left, you and EBoss7 resumed the exploits. Directly refusing admin instructions is against server policy:

6. Follow The Instructions Of The Admin(s).
If an Admin instructs you to stop camping, plant the bomb, not team attack, swaps you to a different team, or not use a map exploit you must obey.

If you have issues with what the admins are saying, or feel they are abusing their powers, please visit our forums and post your concerns. The DGN Staff will handle the situation.

The admins are here to keep the servers clean and fun for all players, and in order for that to happen we need players to be willing to help out by following server rules and admin instructions. Trade servers are not for leveling your stranges, they're for trading. If you want to level your strange, go to a leveling server; there's plenty out there. If you feel the current rules and standards set in place are unfair, make a post on the forum and see where the discussion goes; do NOT openly refuse them in the servers.

I will be lifting your ban; you are expected to follow the server rules and any admin's instructions at all times. Any future violations will result in more severe repercussions.

Enjoy the servers.

Shotgun Jesus: Move, tag, lock please

Status
Not open for further replies.