• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Steam is turning into Pokemon.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I think the Foil Cards are being sold for $50+
Or, they were on the first day.
Haven't checked since.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Not that Steam turning into Pokemon is bad. That game was the bomb when I was a kid.

Nick

DARKLY Regular
Honestly i think is just for people to show off their stuff....steam is turning into a place for 5 year olds.

I, personally, don't like the steam cards. Plus, I don't get what is with the hype of having a high steam level thingy . I rarely even look at steam profiles, but hey, if people want to give me metal for it, sure! Hahah.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
Don't mind having it, I think it might actually push people into playing more, specially for the achievement whore. Like older games, HL2, when was the last time anyone touched that game? So this might be 1 reason to replay it.

Don't mind having it, I think it might actually push people into playing more, specially for the achievement whore. Like older games, HL2, when was the last time anyone touched that game? So this might be 1 reason to replay it.

Haha, the way you put it makes it sound like Valve is doing this to hopefully get those "achievement whores" to purchase the games to get those cards =P.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Haha, the way you put it makes it sound like Valve is doing this to hopefully get those "achievement whores" to purchase the games to get those cards =P.
That is exactly the reason.
It gives people another push to buy the game if they get something extra.

Have you not noticed how some of the games with cards have been going on sale.

For example:
I saw that Monster Loves You! was on sale. Pretty cheap.
It looked like a good game anyway...but then I saw the cards too and then that confirmed my purchase even further than just the sale and the look of the game.
I am a sucker to Valves tactics and i'm sure many others are too.

That is exactly the reason.
It gives people another push to buy the game if they get something extra.

Have you not noticed how some of the games with cards have been going on sale.

For example:
I saw that Monster Loves You! was on sale. Pretty cheap.
It looked like a good game anyway...but then I saw the cards too and then that confirmed my purchase even further than just the sale and the look of the game.
I am a sucker to Valves tactics and i'm sure many others are too.
Haha, I'm not! I don't see all the hype for these cards. I don't plan to dive into the card trading business any time soon! =P But definitely kudos to Valve for this tactic !

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Haha, I'm not! I don't see all the hype for these cards. I don't plan to dive into the card trading business any time soon! =P But definitely kudos to Valve for this tactic !

Yep, there are A LOT of people using the new Market place system for these cards.
Buying and Selling, which of course, Valve gets commision for.

They keep adding new games, and new ways of getting cards.
All just one big money-making scheme.

Hinouchi

TD Admin

It's all about catching the gamers mind, and use that to reel in the money~ I was once an achievement whore on the PS3 too. GOD OF WAR 3 challenge mode ...
one of the most frustrated mini game I have ever played, now I have prove to say that I've BEAT IT! Everyone loves to brag and show off their E-penis, achievement is a way to go~

As for me, I just buy games that are super cheap and worth playing, don't really care if it have card trading or achievements, but it's an bonus if it does.

It's all about catching the gamers mind, and use that to reel in the money~ I was once an achievement whore on the PS3 too. GOD OF WAR 3 challenge mode ...
one of the most frustrated mini game I have ever played, now I have prove to say that I've BEAT IT! Everyone loves to brag and show off their E-penis, achievement is a way to go~

As for me, I just buy games that are super cheap and worth playing, don't really care if it have card trading or achievements, but it's an bonus if it does.

Haha! I use to be such an achievement whore when I was playing on my 360. It would be like my goal to get every achievement before I move/buy another game. Rage Quit reminds me of when I rage when I have such hard achievements! Haha, thanks for the video!