Soccer Fans Anyone?

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Title explains itself. Watching the CL fixtures for the day. Wondering if there are any footy fans in the community.

wh1te

TD Member
lol @ ghett0. uses "soccer" in title, then says "footy" in post.

The only round-ball-kicking-events i watch are Eurocup and World Cup. Eurocup is happening this year, so i'll be watching that.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Well, we are in North America, and when I say football, I get drunken fat men shouting GO BEARS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So, I usually say "saccer" as the Americans say it, to cater to the silly insistance that a game that involves holding a ball in your hands should be called football, while I game that involves almost exclusively touching the ball with your feet should be called Soccer....

But that's another story.

DatGuy

TD Member
lol @ ghett0. uses "soccer" in title, then says "footy" in post.

The only round-ball-kicking-events i watch are Eurocup and World Cup. Eurocup is happening this year, so i'll be watching that.

Olympic Soccer this year too

jamesearljones

TD Member
I'm a huge fan of the Canadian national women's team. I watched the World Cup, and was enthralled with the physical play and the lack of flops. Like, honestly, the guys are bigger pussies than the chicks.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Like, honestly, the guys are bigger pussies than the chicks.

Sad, but true. This is why I'm hoping to ref women's soccer this year. My uncle has it right. He's on the fourth classification tier for refs and he gets paid between $25 and $30 an hour to watch 18 - 21 year old girls play soccer.

Smart man. :P

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Arjen Robben can go fuck himself. Good thing he didn't sign that contract extension when it was offered, because I can seriously see the Bayern fans calling for it to be rescinded and for them to just move on without him and let Xherdan Shaqiri takes his place next season.

crojon

I'm New Here
played soccer since age 5 until now (22) sidelined due to ankle injury for this upcoming season, first time out ever.....and im already missing it. in terms of who i support. I've been an Arsenal fan since childhood as well as Barcelona :)

jamesearljones

TD Member
R.I.P. that dude in the Serie A/B who died from cardiac arrest... that's so fucked up. also, that guy Fabrice Muamba was apparently dead (heart stopped) for hours. do they not check these guys hearts often?

also, after intaking a couple of decent epl games this weekend, i think i'm ready to jump on the ManCity bandwagon, especially since they got rid of that clown Balotelli.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Is Balotelli officially gone? I know he can't be transfered yet, but SOMEONE Has to go. Once they axe him, they can worry about axing Tevez. O.o

JEJ, people will hate on your for jumping on the City bandwagon now that they are filthy rich, but generally speaking, most EPL fans who aren't from England are bandwagon jumping twats who don't know what they're talking about. They just jumped on a different bandwagon when it became fashionable, that's all. I jumped on the City bandwagon BEFORE they got good, and I have the Stephen Ireland jersey to prove it. (One of the first things they do when they struck oil was get rid of Ireland. :S)

I don't play a lot, but I referee, which is fun. I had to take a course and ref a bunch of 10 - 13 year olds, though, and it reminded me why I prefer to ref the 18 - 21 year old girls.... besides the obvious reasons. Nothing is worse than kids who commit fouls just for the attention that comes with being called. I don't ref to babysit kids who need attention.