BANNED Scammer on Darkly - Please take action

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesySpecs2705

I'm New Here
Hey I am here to tell and warn people about a scammer called SKINLESS he scammed a key off me saying he would pay back however refusing to after I declined his offer that he would 'Loan' my australium grenade launcher. To start off he said he would pay back the key and I trusted him because he was a regular on Darkly Gaming trade server 2 for Tf2. How foolish of me. However he then began to ask about my australium and wanting to loan it for a few seconds but I didn't want to put 1.7 buds on the line so I refused to, all of a sudden he wouldn't co-operate and wouldn't give the key back. Me and few other friends tried to talk to him but he left the server.

But if you don't believe me here is some evidence - http://puu.sh/cO68v/cbf64c6cb7.jpg

Here is his profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198146063053/

Hopefully people will think twice before getting in to his schemes and I also hope you can do something about this.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Please post a picture of your inventory history showing that you loaned him the key.
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-provide-evidence-with-screenshots.3488/

After this, I will issue a local ban, permanently banning him from Darkly.

For future reference, a regular on Darkly does not assure someone will not scam. We've had many regulars scam on Darkly servers. Please be cautious about even the smallest of loans in the future. Good job for not loaning him your Aussie.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
In checking his chat logs, he asks a number of times for people to "loan" him a key.....

What may I ask were the circumstances under which you gave him the key? Was there an agreement to return it at a specified time?
Also, from your chat window above you asked about him getting more keys - what was the nature of your business with this kid? - Was there an agreement to return more than you loaned him?

While I have very little use for scammers, I would be reluctant to take action without a better understanding of what was supposed to happen and what actually happened...

CheesySpecs2705

I'm New Here
Skinless didn't really say why he needed the key but if would pay back I'd be ok with it. At first he said he would pay the next day but I insisted if he could get it today instead of waiting and he agreed he would try. About the more keys situation he said he knew a friend and that he could get 2 keys instead of 1 because of all the hassle that was going on. Where it says 3 or 4 keys that was him trying desperately to loan the aussie from me I had no intention of getting 3 or 4 keys that was pretty much the turning point when I started to realise oh crap I've made a bad mistake.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Skinless didn't really say why he needed the key but if would pay back I'd be ok with it. At first he said he would pay the next day but I insisted if he could get it today instead of waiting and he agreed he would try.

Do you have a screenshot of any of this?

I don't want to give you the impression that we don't want to do anything about scammers - I'm sure @Cmp™ is ready to banhammer his ass, but we have standards we have to follow to be fair to everyone, and what we have to work with at this point doesn't seem to meet those standards.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I believe there is enough evidence for a LOCAL ban, not a SteamRep ban, which has a much larger burden of proof.

I feel satisfied, based on the chat screenshot, that both users were aware of the deal and SKINLESS refused to pay back the key after Cheesy refused to loan him the Aussie.

Where was the agreement made that you loan him the key?

Khârn the Betrayer

DARKLY Regular
I'd like mention that there is another person by the name of SKINLES. I've seen both these guys on at the same time and they were moving about on their own, so It's not an alt account for SKINLESS, not to say he doesn't have access to it though as both these players seem to be located in the Netherlands.

SKINLES did trade me as he was trying to sell a strange Scattergun for 7 refined and of course I told him it wasn't that much and it was only 2.66 blahblah, Upon seeing him talking to another player about it I also mentioned that if they weren't sure about prices they could use !pc in the chat, which SKINLES did, so I'd like to assume that English not being his first language he may have had trouble understanding what I was telling him, it still struck me as a little odd as he even though I told him the price he would suggest/advertise different amounts from the 7 ref to 4 or 5.

He may not even come back to Darkly with his friend/brother/whatever having a local ban now but if he does I'll sure as hell be watching him.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Aaaaaand it's private. SKINLESS' profile is now private, which for me is an admission of guilt.

Banning now.

Status
Not open for further replies.