Private Server Suggestions

wh1te

TD Member
Thought I'd make a thread for this and maybe get more insight on some commands, and .cfg setup options.

Since applying the second private server (thank you) for the tourney, I haven't really looked into the setup all that much until a week or so ago.

A couple things could be altered and changed to better the servers for competitive play (even fun scrims have that edge, yes).

I've already brought attention to the SourceTV, including audience allowance, and a delay on live footage for non-ghosting purposes.
tv_delay and tv_maxclients changes were applied, thanks :)
I've made some mention on allowing full access to watch whomever you wanted, instead of autodirector mode. I was hoping tv_transmitall 1 could be applied? please and thanks.

If I may add, could the max rates be changed to cl_cmdrate 100, and cl_updaterate 100, instead of 66. This isn't a pub server and is mainly servicing to 10 players at a time.
If executing the lo3 and/or zblock enables this, then disregard, but when I randomly join the private servers when no one's there or for practicing stuff, the rates are forced to 66.

Also, why are there stats on the private servers? lol. Does it affect performance and stability at all?

Not sure if the IPs with ports are up for SRCTV anywhere on the site, but it's port 27020 (at the moment):
Scrim server 1- 64.74.97.245:27020 no PW
Scrim server 2- 74.91.113.49:27020 no PW

I use to run a private server back in the day for CAL/Cevo league play, updating cfg files and maps onto a server isn't heavy labour
whistle.gif

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Also, why are there stats on the private servers? lol. Does it affect performance and stability at all?
I doubt having the stats on would cause any significant, if any, performance issues. Does cost us a whopping $2 though.

They're good to have for the purpose of chatlog, and people get to see their progress, I guess.

wh1te

TD Member
I guess for chat log purposes, it seems reasonable. Not much progress in private servers though, "top10" command didn't work last night, maybe conflicts with something. Anyways, that was something I threw in there to pad the post, main concern is the other commands.
Considering the tournament starts as early as tomorrow and Friday, could the commands be implemented? :amazed:

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
If I may add, could the max rates be changed to cl_cmdrate 100, and cl_updaterate 100, instead of 66. This isn't a pub server and is mainly servicing to 10 players at a time.
If executing the lo3 and/or zblock enables this, then disregard, but when I randomly join the private servers when no one's there or for practicing stuff, the rates are forced to 66.

+1

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
In-game stats wont be visible since the plugin is not installed. Don't wanna pollute the private servers with gayness.

wh1te

TD Member
So remove it? lol - No point in seeing your rank, if you can't see who you're going up against, or stats, etc...

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Remove what? There should be no ingame stats plugin installed. It's just web based.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
There is rank, via rcon. The plugin itself is not actually installed on the server like on the pubs. This way you don't get all the gameme messages, no plugins affecting the performance. But if you wish to view your stats, you can type motd in the game and look for it in motd, or you can look them up via the site.

wh1te

TD Member
Looks like someone already beat me to upping the rates.

] cl_cmdrate
"cl_cmdrate" = "66" ( def. "30" ) min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
** NOTE: The real value is 100.000 but the server has temporarily restricted it to 66.000 **
archive
- Max number of command packets sent to server per second

Taken from server #1 just now

Scrimmed tonight:
659n7.jpg

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Didn't valve force all servers to be at 66 tic some time back?

P.S tv_transmitall 1 has been added to the configs

holyshepard

TD Member
yes valve forced all all servers back to 66tic you need a mod/plug to get it back to 100 and ive heard that it doesnt work that well (either by its self or with other plugins but im not sure exactly) I understand where whites coming from wanting good rates and reg for the turny but I dont think its gonna happen with a split box? It's not that the hardware is crap its that valve is shit for updating there code,part of the reason why cs go is focusing on 5v5 ,there game really wont change intill hl3

Just curious(since im kinda new to these parts :shifty:) have you guys had 2 scrim servers running(full of peeps) at the same time before with this box ?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
yes valve forced all all servers back to 66tic you need a mod/plug to get it back to 100 and ive heard that it doesnt work that well (either by its self or with other plugins but im not sure exactly) I understand where whites coming from wanting good rates and reg for the turny but I dont think its gonna happen with a split box? It's not that the hardware is crap its that valve is shit for updating there code,part of the reason why cs go is focusing on 5v5 ,there game really wont change intill hl3

Just curious(since im kinda new to these parts :shifty:) have you guys had 2 scrim servers running(full of peeps) at the same time before with this box ?

Yes they had 2 simultaneous scrims, the chicago VPS specs are as follows:

• Three full, dedicated HT CPU cores (Nehalem or better)
  • 3072 MB of RAM
  • 300 GB of hard drive space
  • 3000 GB of InterNAP bandwidth transfer
The VPS currently hosts 3 trade servers which are full most of the time and the two scrim servers. It's plenty for the scrim servers, there should not be any performance issues.