• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

REVISED [PoAs] Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMatt

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: [PoAs] DragonMatt
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40403432
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: All Darkly TF2 trading/idle servers
Ban Reason: Scamming

State your case: So we did some spy crabbing and scammed like 3 people through it, we don't do it anymore and I'd like in on the awesome trading servers again. If you could see to my case and allow the mishap to be overlooked I'll make it a personal promise that neither I nor my PoAs clan friends will do any more scamming. If you could also unban all of the PoAs clan because, whoever submitted the ban for the 2 of us that actually committed the scam, submitted a ban for the whole PoAs clan. Here is a link to the PoAs Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PopoPoAs#members , Our newest member, [PoAs] polly1_61 isn't banned from the servers. Thanks for the cooperation.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Hi DragonMatt,

I was the one that (indirectly) banned you. The issue was brought up a little less than 2 months ago at this thread, whereupon the conclusion was made to ban you and the other [PoAs] members from our servers. Additionally, the Darkly Gaming Network is affiliated with SteamRep - scamming behavior of any kind is a punishable offense, resulting in appropriate marking on your profile which can be seen here.

As is stated in the community guidelines and policies, the use of deception, lying, or any similar methods to steal from another user is strictly prohibited, there being no legitimate reason to perform such actions without the intention of personal gain. It is also evident that you and/or your accomplices did this numerous times, putting in the effort to change your names to ensure you wouldn't get caught. I believe this to be highly deceitful and malicious behavior, and due to these factors I find the concept of lifting your ban difficult to accept.

I only witnessed you and [PoAs] Nrubloc partaking in this, so unless someone can verify similar actions of the other [PoAs] members, their bans will be lifted.

Further information about SteamRep and its policies can be found on their FAQ page.

DragonMatt

I'm New Here
I've just been getting back into playing Team Fortress 2 lately, mostly do to the new games I've acquired from the past few humblebundles :(), and I keep noticing repercussions of what I did 2 months ago including but not limited to banishment from non-related Darkly Servers and Banishment from tf2tp.com, without these resources I'm really seeing how frustrating tf2 can be without these sources. I can't recall the stupid things my friend said but I can offer you the ref that you earned from winning the spycrab if that is any help at all.​

Scamming is Scamming is Scamming...is Scamming. Your first post admits that not only were you 1.) Aware of what you were doing is illegal, but 2). You knowingly, without a reasonable doubt participated and acted in concert to the scam, instead of talking your friends out of it, or simply walking away, instead, you, on your own actions, deprived the victims of their goods. You being in the 'clan', further solidifies your association and intent.

You had knowledge of the Scam and didn't do anything to stop it, but instead participated in it and saw through to the end and as of this posting, you are still in a clan that participates and encourages scams. I also certainly, do not appreciate the attitude your associates displayed towards DGN Regulars when asked for their items back.
dflJW.jpg
If you think scamming is funny, then you can keep your well earned tag. Appeal Denied.

DragonMatt Should you have any questions, please feel free to add me on Steam, alternatively, if you would like to discuss your Ban, talk to me on there as well.

Name When Banned: [PoAs] DragonMatt
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40403432
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: All Darkly TF2 trading/idle servers
Ban Reason: Scamming

State your case: So we did some spy crabbing and scammed like 3 people through it, we don't do it anymore and I'd like in on the awesome trading servers again. If you could see to my case and allow the mishap to be overlooked I'll make it a personal promise that neither I nor my PoAs clan friends will do any more scamming. If you could also unban all of the PoAs clan because, whoever submitted the ban for the 2 of us that actually committed the scam, submitted a ban for the whole PoAs clan. Here is a link to the PoAs Steam Group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PopoPoAs#members , Our newest member, [PoAs] polly1_61 isn't banned from the servers. Thanks for the cooperation.
Original post, in the event something is edited...

Edit: If the other members wish to appeal their ban, they may do so by making their own thread following the format listed in the Read Me.

DragonMatt

Your tag should be taken care of now, feel free to play on our servers as much as you wish.

If you wish to appeal your DGN Caution tag, you may do after July 5th, 2013 at 1822 hours, Pacific Time, if no further violations are made. Make a new Ban Appeal for this request on or after that date and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.