• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Official "Post Your Ride" Thread

Joker

TD Member
Ya, its a rotary. I don't mind the fuel consumption too much although it does hurt the pocket and I'm more of a spirited driver ;)

I'm currently like a kid in a candy store with this trying to figure out what to buy first. I graduate from uni in a month thus the money should start flowing and the car should start evolving, but I also have to fix up my POS cavalier to drive through this winter as there's no way the RX7 will stand a chance in the kind of snow we get in Edmonton and the lack of plowing.

Fork Included

TD Admin
start with suspension

if you can afford the scratch, google a company called "hot bits" they have a physical location ehr ein canada (berrie i believe) and make custom coilovers (and i mean fully custom, anything you want done, they can do) for all makes of cars, race tested and all.

and best of all, since they are local, they are easily rebuilt, upgraded, and re-tuned.

typically a dual adjustable (compression and rebound) coilover (with sprign rates of your selection) woudl set you back around 2500-3000 bucks.

anyway... i'm a big suspension guy.. so i start with that first.

and remember, premium fuel only, and if you're going to gun it everywhere, wouldnt hurt to add some octane booster, or score some race fuel additive. Once a rotary pings, you're fucked.

buckshot

TD Member
screw that fork! The Rx-7 has a pretty good suspension to begin with. The key to unlocking some more power in that car is definitely the turbe. Those cars can handle alot more boost REALLY safely. Id focus on remapping the software (could easily open up another 20-50 hp/tq) $500 - $800.

Next, intake, intercooler and exhaust to expel the extra air being pulled in. You'll definitely be in the 300's! All for under $2000.

td|35mm

TD Admin
Buckshot you are wrong :).

It might have good suspension, but I bet is still stock ... and some years has passed away. That suspension I bet is not as good as when it was new.

The way I see it as well, improve your handling/brakes before giving it more boost. Especially in that car.

Re-flashing your ECU and do the normal intake/exhaust/tires+rims modifications is OK as well. On a track these modifications will improve your time considerably.

But honestly, do not give it more boost before you upgrade your handling and brakes - that car is twitchy to begin with (when is pushed) and you don't want to end up in a ditch.

td|35mm

TD Admin
^ Or better suspensions and tires :).

More power = More fun = only on a straight line
So until the streets will be designed without curves and you are not planning to drive that baby only for drag races ... I say the rest matters a lot :).

Plus ... if you are planning to use it only for day time driving, why bother with boosting it? That has quite a lot of power on straights without boost (faster then your golf I would say :P).

Amazing race ... last one at the next red light/stop is a gaymofob :P.

buckshot

TD Member
i fully understand what u guys are saying but is it necessary for everyday driving? The roads in canada are bad enough...so why lower it? Taking turns at 100km on a reg road? ... not worth it. A road car just needs to be able to take off quick to 100km and sink u back in the seat for some fun.

Keep that thing clean and healthy.

Joker

TD Member
Already replaced the intake

First few items on the upgrade list are: replace the air seperation chamber with an aluminum one, boost guage and turbo timer and maybe replace the vacuum lines with silicone ones. The fuel delivery system is my primary concern before doing any major upgrades, thus dual fuel pump assembly and maybe new injectors, etc (this is a very thirsty car).

The suspension is pretty good but could be better, thus some coilovers, new rims and sway bar, maybe replace the tower bars (has stock front and rear) and of course breaks. The car is definately twitchy when going quickly through the gears.

I need to do some relocations for oil filter and battery as these get in the way of other upgrades, like the intercooler, which is relatively high on the list. The stock blowoff valve should be replaced as well.

Of course the trick is to not blow the apex seals in the engine which requires a rebuild if it happens, but might have them replaced prematurely and get the engine street ported.

I know that this car has potential for upwards of 800hp with a 20B engine in it (I've got the stock 13B in mine).

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Man, you motherfuckers are all rich. Fuck, ALL of that! One by one, take your time man. If you REALLY plan to supe this bitch up, just realize that it's gonna take you a long time.

auron

TD Admin
Damn you assholes have my favorite cars. 3rd gen rx7, hatchback vw and impreza\wrx have always been my top three street cars (meaning non-$100k cars). Good work boys.

Joker

TD Member
[quote1248751605=OG buckshot jr]
Man, you motherfuckers are all rich. Fuck, ALL of that! One by one, take your time man. If you REALLY plan to supe this bitch up, just realize that it's gonna take you a long time.
[/quote1248751605]

No dough to make this thing really go as of yet, but I bought this car as a hobby car with the intent of developing it over a decent period of time, and with me getting done post secondary in the next couple months I can start the fun (slowly but surely). I bought my car for $9K and have put another $5K into it to bring it to a condition where it runs well, but a lot of the cars I've listed below can be picked up for between $6-12K (excluding the NSX's and current models). As emmission regualtions get stiffer overseas the cars get cheaper to import.

Auron my man, you gotta hit Edmonton or Calgary, we have tonnes of import cars down here with lots of oilfield workers with nothing better to do with their dough. Lots of Skylines (GTR, GTS), Supras, MR2, 3000GTs, 300zx, 240sx, NRX (odd one around), a few RX7s (not many though), etc. There are lots of the new street cars about too, but I'm not a big fan of the current models (350zx, rx8, TT, etc).

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
I have thought about doing shit to my car (2001 jetta 1.8t) but i think ill just leave it til my next car (whenever that is) because my car is an automatic. yes automatic, because since i did alot of driving in early mornings i didn't want to bother with the shifting. No idea what id get though...lots of nice cars out there but shit so many nice cars are so much $$

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
mybaby.jpg

2010 Mazda3 5-door.

Excuse the photo, it is from my cell. And the light, it was morning before work in the parking lot..

Joker

TD Member
Nice Tarin, Very shiney. When are you going to put in the lambo doors?

I know Auron must have lambo doors, any REAL TT owner would have bought the kit before the car, haha

3xtr3m3

TD Member
Narf, why not STI ??? :/ Still great choice.

Fork that's a nice gc, what are ur plans ?

my 2002 subaru impreza wrx, it's stg2 with stock turbo.

I also have big plans for it. But going in full suspension and brake upgrade before power.

subby.jpg

0710092007.jpg

3xtr3m3

TD Member
Yea, that's what i am doing after winter.

I will get nice german coilovers, thicker swaybars, endlinks, steering rack bushings, anti lift kit and other bushings... Than if i have any money i will upgrade to brembo brakes.

You should visit toronto-subaru-club for parts and info.