Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy

TD Member
[quote1257197193=Fork Included]
[quote1257196750=plastik800]
looks like someone needs to get out more ^
[/quote1257196750]

says the girl that cant leave her house unless "its to the mall" or "a friends place"

[/quote1257197193]
because im only 17?
PEDO.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
17 is not pedo. This is the internerd. You should be well verse in all sexual topics ranging from goat pron to midgets by the age of 17 ;)

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1257197513=Leroy]

17 is not pedo. This is the internerd. You should be well verse in all sexual topics ranging from goat pron to midgets by the age of 17 ;)

[/quote1257197513]

Chris Rock:
"if a woman says shes twenty, and looks sixteen... shes twelve"

mandy

TD Member
who says i dont go out?
i just dont go out with a bunch of people i meet on the internet ;)
and leroy, wtf? lmfao

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Ok, Levels now.. some weapons have Levels, what the hell does this mean? Is valve naturally obfusicating this game?

Fork Included

TD Admin
[quote1257201777=Leroy]
Ok, Levels now.. some weapons have Levels, what the hell does this mean? Is valve naturally obfusicating this game?
[/quote1257201777]

When "Packs" started coming out (Medic Pack, Pyro Pack, etc), you were presented with a set of achievements divided into 3 parts. Unlocking each "milestone" presented you with a special weapon/item for that particular class.

At some point they got rid of the milestones being linked to weapons part and just made special items unlock randomly, although i think now they made it that should you play a particular class long enough these things just appear out of nowhere..

ignore the "levels" part, it means nothing. Also the "upgraded" items are not really upgrades at all, and have some serious drawbacks to them. They are simply there to change the style of play for your character.

For instance the Pyro gets a different Flamethrower, a Fire Axe, and a Flare Gun.

The new flamethrower gives you critical hits when you attack someone from the back (awesome), but it no longer has the compression blast option, which sucks ass because now you cant deflect a Soldiers rockets and clear the way of Demo mines, nor can you "bounce" Uber'ed enemies which often times is enough to put a stop to their rampage.

The Fire Axe gives you critical shots when you whack people that are on fire, but others has a -50% damage penalty, making it uterly useless.

and finally the Flare Gun replaces the shotgun, for better or for worse, it is a single projectile weapon with a stupid long reload time and a rather slow flying rate (often times could be avoided), its only benefit is that it has infinite range and sets people on fire should it hit them... but i prefer the shotgun myself.

so thats just the example, you can read up on the special items online somewhere

bottom line, dont worry too much about them, just play the game and be happy that once in awhile you get a little "surprise"

Propaganda

TD Member
Spy is a very difficult class to play however some people are very good at it and know how to use it effectively, I played spy for 10 minutes when I first got the game and didn't enjoy it much. Sniper is lamer than using an AWP so I don't play that either.

Haven't even tried Spy yet, was getting rapped last night by them so I might give it a go. Thanks for the tips on engineer, was popping up sentries like crazy last night, well until those fucking spys got me! ;)

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1257257350=Leroy]
[/quote1257257350]

The levels are just a number -- it doesn't necessarily mean that one weapon is better than the other. All classes' default weapons are deemed level 1. There are chances of "finding" (you don't actually find anything, you'll just get a random message that you've found a certain weapon). The more reliable way of earning new weapons is my completing a certain amount of class achievements.

Newer weapons don't actually mean better, but some might suit your style of play more.

i.e. Spy's cloaking device
default: your cloak meter fills up when you collect ammo (i.e. you can be cloaked and running around as long as you pick up ammo

cloak & dagger: recharges on its own with a +100% rate as long as you stay still BUT it won't charge up when you pick up ammo (i.e. it's a lot of "stop & go" if you want to stay cloaked)

dead ringer: you *don't* cloak with this. what happens is if you get shot at, it'll appear that you've died while the real you is cloaked for 8 seconds which gives you time to reposition yourself behind enemy lines as one of them). the general strategy is to cloak as someone from your own team and charge in along with them. this way, you'll "die" and be able to run behind the enemy. this is really hard to use well, but can be annoying as fuck.

In general, all the weapons give you something and take something else away.

BTW, Fork neglected to mention that the pyro's compression blast can put out fires (i.e. a teammate yelling "I'm on fyaaaaaa")

[quote1257258099=Propaganda]
Spy is a very difficult class to play however some people are very good at it and know how to use it effectively, I played spy for 10 minutes when I first got the game and didn't enjoy it much. Sniper is lamer than using an AWP so I don't play that either.
[/quote1257258099]

Sniper is not as easy as it looks. You need to charge your shot (charges only when zoomed), only HS are crits, leaves you open to spies, and you can't jump while staying zoomed. Also, there's a dot where the sniper is aiming, so if you're on the red team and you see a blue dot on the wall around the corner, you know a sniper is watching that, and if you run out there knowingly and try to take the sniper 1v1, then you just won the e-Darwin award.

BIOP

TD Admin / Rocker of City-Hair
[quote1257258140=plastik800]
who says i dont go out?
i just dont go out with a bunch of people i meet on the internet ;)
[/quote1257258140]

Why not? This way, the blindfold and chloroform are free.

Status
Not open for further replies.