New Update

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
So I launched TF2 to go chill out on the servers. None of them are updated. I decided to just troll against some bots in an offline game. I click Sniper on Sawmill. I freeze, the game crashes. I try again. Same thing. I'm not sure how an update that supposedly doesn't mess with sawmill is now crashing me.

:tableflip:

Still derping after I verified the Cache. It's official. Valve fucked up again.
Update Log:
Team Fortress 2

• Added Chemistry Sets as a bonus drop. Chemistry Sets are recipe items that have varying inputs and varying outputs. You can complete a Chemistry Set by fulfilling all of its inputs, which will then give you the items it has listed in its outputs.
  • The in-game player status panel has been updated to show an animated image of your character with their current loadout
  • Added Romevision sharing: anyone playing Mann vs. Machine on the same server with an owner of the Hardy Laurelcan now opt-in to Romevision
    • Manage your Romevision preference in the Advanced Options dialog
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent Jarate and Mad Milk from applying to all targets within range
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the Marked For Death icon to stay in the world after the owning player died
  • Fixed a bug that would allow Spies to exploit the Kunai's higher overheal limit
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Medigun's "Share Power Ups" upgrade from working correctly in Mann vs. Machine mode
  • Fixed a bug that would cause the last few characters of text to be lost when copying text from input fields
  • Fixed a client sv_cheats exploit related to the commentary dialog
  • Fixed a problem that would cause the shotgun shell model to appear incorrectly third-person when using the Family Business
  • Improved bot pathing behavior around ramps
  • Bots can now reflect energy-based projectiles
  • Fixed incorrect alpha in the backpack images for the Valley Forge and the Founding Father
  • The Foppish Physician and the Distinguished Rogue are now paintable and are team-colored by default
  • Added server log entries for jarate_attack and milk_attack when using Jarate, Mad Milk, or the Sydney Sleeper
  • Fixed using an incorrect path for downloaded custom player sounds
  • Fixed duplicate support/mission icons in the Mann vs. Machine HUD
  • Don't allow players without admin access on the server to use the various entity-creating commands to create point_servercommand entities
  • Updated cp_egypt_final
    • Fixed players building inside of Blu's first spawn
  • Updated cp_manor_event
    • Fixed players building in rafters
  • Updated cp_mountainlab
    • Fixed clip brush exploit above hallway leading toward final cap
    • Fixed exploit where players could be trapped in small space near final cap using teleporters
  • Updated plr_hightower
  • Updated the localization files
I'm intrigued by the Chemistry Set thing.

Rage

A Little Darkly
Craft 60 Bolshevik Biker. Best update evvvvvaaaaah.

And, I don't know if they're uncrated or from rare drops.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Craft 64 Soot Suit and Craft 65 Wet Works.

18 keys total. This update isn't as bad as I thought. :3

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Salvaged Crate #50 was retired I hear. Oh man, those prices are going to skyrocket.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
I LOVE the new feature, of the animated character, he even wears what you're wearing! This is so totally awesome! *Which a lot of people are going to miss, because of their faggot custom huds*

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I LOVE the new feature, of the animated character, he even wears what you're wearing! This is so totally awesome! *Which a lot of people are going to miss, because of their faggot custom huds*

Those "faggot custom huds" are better. That thing just takes up space.

:pffftch:

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
I would use default hud if my animated character could dance

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'm with Gatherix. I find the default HUD really annoying. When I'm playing, I am looking at general center of my screen, not down in the corner or up above towards the top. The HUD I use puts the information in a more convenient location. It's not an unfair advantage, it's fixing what I believe to be a poorly laid out HUD.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
You mean an unfair advantage?

I don't see how it's an unfair advantage if everyone has access to it and if the 'advantage' it provides varies from person to person and thus HUD to HUD. There isn't a better HUD, it's just a matter of which you prefer and play with best. I think the ability to customize the game and in turn make it more enjoyable is a positive thing to have.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
I don't see how it's an unfair advantage if everyone has access to it and if the 'advantage' it provides varies from person to person and thus HUD to HUD. There isn't a better HUD, it's just a matter of which you prefer and play with best. I think the ability to customize the game and in turn make it more enjoyable is a positive thing to have.
Who's to say your hud doesn't make your view wider, or tamper the vision or sight that allows you to see things that you shouldn't be able to? It barely teeters on the verge between advantage and cheat.

(It could also be that I'm one Vanilla loving bastard)

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Who's to say your hud doesn't make your view wider, or tamper the vision or sight that allows you to see things that you shouldn't be able to? It barely teeters on the verge between advantage and cheat.

(It could also be that I'm one Vanilla loving bastard)

Valve is to say it doesn't, because that has nothing to do with the HUD. That has to do with game convars.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Valve is to say it doesn't, because that has nothing to do with the HUD. That has to do with game convars.
It isn't that difficult to change them, to the point to avoid detection. One just needs to know his code.

(Plus in the event a custom mut is made illegal, I don't have to go through hell and high water to get out of the frying pan. Anyone remember Drunken Fool's item application?)

Think of it this way, if VAC wasn't around, I'd mod the crap out of something, but even then, I'd only like enhancements. The one game I know I screwed a lot with custom files was JKO, and that's because one can never have enough mods!

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
It isn't that difficult to change them, to the point to avoid detection. One just needs to know his code.

(Plus in the event a custom mut is made illegal, I don't have to go through hell and high water to get out of the frying pan. Anyone remember Drunken Fool's item application?)

All convars are there for the user to change; that's why Valve put them there. If you manage to change things you're not supposed to, sure, that's cheating, but again has absolutely nothing to do with the HUD. HUD's only effect in-game sprites (and sounds if you choose to). There's no correlation between a HUD and injecting malicious code into the game. I highly doubt they'll be made illegal either, since the game filesystem is setup to permit custom files. The ability to customize and mod your game easily without giving unfair in-game advantages, i.e. 'hacks', is part of TF2.

Rage

A Little Darkly
I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about....

Custom HUDS. Personally, I have HUD, OMP Hud because of its sleek and clean design. On the argument, I also love the vanilla design too, I switch between the two often. When I'm doing casual PUBing, vanilla. Lobbying and up, I use OMP.