new server

3xtr3m3

TD Member
Is it just me having problems killing people in the new server ?

There had been so many times i aimed for opponents head and get like 14-15 dmg and sometimes nothing at all.
Someone gets out of a corner (me being in advantage) I start shooting and it's like nothing happening. And i am already half way thru the magazine.

It's not like my hacks stopped working with the new server :P

auron

TD Admin
I'm getting kind of the same feeling. Kind of inexplicable. But you notice some people (like .44) are playing much better on it. No idea.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
i get better reg and i also get killed easier. so ppl must be getting better reg on me too.

wh1te

TD Member
[quote1292063146=.44 CALiBER]
Lol, it feels good to be able to hit shit in this game again :)
[/quote1292063146]

U refering to walls and the ground? :D

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
[quote1292084485=wh1te]
[quote1292063146=.44 CALiBER]
Lol, it feels good to be able to hit shit in this game again :)
[/quote1292063146]

U refering to walls and the ground? :D
[/quote1292084485]
Careful, he'll cum in your shampoo bottle.

[quote1292084349=3xtr3m3]

There had been so many times i aimed for opponents head and get like 14-15 dmg and sometimes nothing at all.
Someone gets out of a corner (me being in advantage) I start shooting and it's like nothing happening. And i am already half way thru the magazine.

[/quote1292084349]

Peekers advantage. As the ping and registry gets better for everyone, the first person to update positional information (the peeker), gets it. Since registry is better, and ping times are more even, his shots (or hit events) are more likely to reach the server before yours do. If you are doing better since the switch, it could mean that you are getting the kills you used to lose to latency, if you are worse, you are simply losing the kills you would have regularly gotten due to latency advantage. This is why money tournaments are held on LAN.

Pyro

TD Admin
better reg=easier to dodge bullets. you can see where somebody is aiming and actually out-strafe them now. on the old server, there was just enough lag that a lot of the time it would seem like there was a headshot before the gun even went off (usually resulting in the victim shouting "BULLSHIT!").

3xtr3m3

TD Member
You are totally wrong my friend. I just gave peeking as an example to say that there is an obvious problem with reg. It happens in most cases.

Players that aim for heads instead of spraying. These are the players you always call as hackers are gonna have hard time now, Because aiming for head is pointless because it will not register 50% of the time or %30, whatever.

Maybe it's just me. I am not in Toronto but have a good ping. I don't know

I will try other servers with good ping and see if I just suck.

[quote1292090142=Keeripes!]
[quote1292084349=3xtr3m3]

[/quote1292084349]

Peekers advantage. As the ping and registry gets better for everyone, the first person to update positional information (the peeker), gets it. Since registry is better, and ping times are more even, his shots (or hit events) are more likely to reach the server before yours do. If you are doing better since the switch, it could mean that you are getting the kills you used to lose to latency, if you are worse, you are simply losing the kills you would have regularly gotten due to latency advantage. This is why money tournaments are held on LAN.
[/quote1292090142]

My 0.02..

The registry and all has gotten much better, as a result everyone has gotten at least a little better. I myself have personally switched to Deagle only (90%) and I have been getting nearly pure HS with is.

Conclusion, if more then 7 ppl come at me simultaniously, you can easily raise your rank :)

[quote1292093984=3xtr3m3]

You are totally wrong my friend. I just gave peeking as an example to say that there is an obvious problem with reg. It happens in most cases.
[..]
[/quote1292093984]

You got me. I totally made that all up. I pulled all of that right out of my ass. Peek advantage is a completely fictitious figment of my imagination. Use your head, man.

http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/story/6230/?cpage=1

Got my boy to write that 5 years ago to cover my completely wrong made up bullshit today in this thread.

jamesearljones

TD Member
3xtreme is just raging because he's dying as much as he's killing. Welcome to being just a regular CSS player, sir.

BTW, my single-burst, AK/M4 headshot shot's are locking in better than ever.

3xtr3m3

TD Member
I am not raging. If everyone thinks the server is fine that's all it matters. I just saw some stupid shit going on and reported it.

I am saying that i aim and shoot the guys head and it regs as 16 dmg and a nub here telling me that there is a peeking advantage, the poor nubs shoots didn't register before now it does and they feel better about it and blah blah...

Anyways i just reported something I think is wrong in the server. Let's keep playing and see.

wh1te

TD Member
Nub:

–noun
1. the point, gist, or heart of something.
2. a knob or protuberance.
3. a lump or small piece: a nub of coal; a nub of pencil.
4. a small mass of fibers produced on a card, dyed brilliant colors, and introduced into yarn during the spinning process.

Mmmmhmmmmmm

iCe

TD Admin
[quote1292102822=3xtr3m3]
I am not raging. If everyone thinks the server is fine that's all it matters. I just saw some stupid shit going on and reported it.

I am saying that i aim and shoot the guys head and it regs as 16 dmg and a nub here telling me that there is a peeking advantage, the poor nubs shoots didn't register before now it does and they feel better about it and blah blah...

Anyways i just reported something I think is wrong in the server. Let's keep playing and see.
[/quote1292102822]

when u stop being a stacker ill be ok.... till then STFU