• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

New Life

Roach

TD Admin
So I lay here in the hospital bed, feel like I have been through hell and back.

Unconviced of a stroke my Neurologist continued with many tests. I have had 4 MRIs 5 Catscans 3 ecgs, 1 eeg, an ultrasound of my heart, an ultrasouind of my coradic arteries. I've had over 50 samples of indovidual blood tests. I've had many xray and contrast imagies. 2 nights ago, I was made aquaintance with my worst medical fear ever, the spinal tap. (It sucked) I've had holter monitors, I've had physio therapy oocupational therapy, and steriod therapy.

2 hours ago I finally get to know what's wrong with me. I have multiple schlorosis, and this attack that showed stroke like symptoms was the first of many possible attacks that I should come to expect. This was an attack on my brain, causing drastic weakness ans numbness on my body. An attack on my spine could mean paralysis, while an attack on My eyes would spell blindness.
There are ways to limit my chances of further attack but no guarentees.

How do I feel? I feel fantastic. Life starts now boys
It was john lennon that said that life is what happens to you while you plan for the future.

Here's a fitting poem
-------------------------------------------
The clock of life is wound but once
And no man has the power
To tell just where the hands will stop,
At late or early hour.

To lose one's wealth is sad indeed,
To lose one's health is more.
To lose one's soul is such a loss
As no man can restore.

The present only is our own.
Live, love, toil with a will.
Place no faith in 'tomorrow'
For the clock may then be still.
--------------------------------------

No matter what happens or what you believe in. Believe you are something right now. And be damn thankful to the universe that you got to be a something.

I wanted to share with you guys my thoughts. I've had a pretty rough night and am on a lot of drugs. So hopefully this actually comes out meaning something.

My love goes out to everyone. From tgis day forward, I will truly appreciate what it is to be alive and breathing.

Peace

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
Glad to see you're optimistic, Roach! That's one of the best ways to fight illness. Treatment of MS has come a long way recently and I'm sure you'll have many happy years of health. See you at the 2050 TD meet, if we all make it past 2012...

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
I've had two best buds from high school find out they have MS. Both of them changed their lives for the better after the diagnosis. Livin' it up! They still get numbness at times, but otherwise they're good.

Now it's time for big pimpin', Roach.

halfbakedchef

TD Admin
Man im sorry to hear that, i have a couple in my life living MS. At times their limited but other than that live rather pain free lives. I hope the best for you man

r3volution

TD Admin
Glad to see you're optimistic, Roach! That's one of the best ways to fight illness. Treatment of MS has come a long way recently and I'm sure you'll have many happy years of health. See you at the 2050 TD meet, if we all make it past 2012...

+1

I would like to, but don't think I can say it better than how Tarin put it. I sincerely wish you the best and want you to know that we're all here for you.

marinerevenge

TD Member
Hey roach,

First and foremost i'm really sorry to hear about whats going on with you. I'm sure it's a pretty traumatic experience and i'd be lying if I said I understood what you were going through. Although i've had my own share of life issues I don't know what it's like to live with what you have been recently diagnosed with, or anything thing as physically disabling as that. I'm glad to know you are optimistic about the situation, I think all anyone could want is for you to be as happy as one can be when facing something of the sort you are now. You may not want our sympathy, or what some could stretch into empathy, but you have mine anyway. I sincerely hope you come out of all of this alright.

You may not know this roach but I look up to you. We've had some pretty lengthy conversations, all of which were enlightening, and i've opened up to you a few times when i've needed someone to talk to. You've pretty much always been good to me, and I appreciate that. If I haven't said it before - i'm saying it now.

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you around sometime soon.

Wishing you nothing but the best,
MR

Fiend

Senior TF2 Admin
It's comforting to see the support in this community for it's members. Roach, i know i am new to the group and all, but i wish you nothing but the best in your recovery and battle with MS. You have an unbelievable attitude toward the whole situation that i can only describe as refreshing and inspirational.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
Sorry to hear about the news roach. Think of it as a small hurdle in life. Don't let it bring u down and keep enjoying life. If u get knocked down, get up and keep trying. I believe that with MS you gotta keep yourself active and never let it bring u down. You can do it roach!

Take care and good luck

Hawk-Eye

TD Member
To think I was depressed for basically nothing at all compared to your situation, glad you're optimistic!!!!

cattra

TD Member
Roach, I never really knew you but I wish you the best as one TD community member to another. Optimism is a great form of medication and it sounds like you have that!
Keep up the fight Roach!

tomservo

TD Admin
Hey roach iv seen you on CS a couple times. That's really shitty to hear man, but you're positive and thats awesome! I hope you stay positive and keep feeling better. Hope to see you online again soon.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
It's official, Roach is mother fuckin Jesus reincarnate.

Keep your spirits up man, much love <3