Need a Decent/Good Gaming Rig

shoottomaim

BANNED
Alright gents, here we go.
I'm in need of a good gaming rig, preferably by Acer or ASUS, as I have a fetish for Taiwan.
My budget is up to $900 :). Thanks!

for those of you wondering why my budget is so low, it's because if i return my other computer, only half the price comes back to me.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
First, check here for any chance that you're going to build yourself or buy from a place that will use the exact parts that you indicate (also in my sig)
http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/threads/pc-building-and-parts-resources.7855/

Second, to give you an idea of what $900 post-HST (or about $796 pre-HST) looks like in a DIY or custom built, these two sites show the following for about $800:
$863 USD pre-tax = Tier 3 @ Hardware Revolution (if you scrap the soundcard, you're close, if you scrap the SSD and/or the soundcard you're there)
$591 USD pre-tax = Tier 2 @ Hardware Revolution, but you should upgrade the GTX 660 to GTX 660ti which will be closer to your limit
(or mix and match to make get within your target budget)
$667-814 CDN pre-tax = Very Good to Great @ Logical Increments

So that gives you an idea of picked parts, which is best value. For a pre-built... @ Newegg.ca, price sorted from low to high, starting at $750 CDN Asus/Acer
but I really don't like any of them.
Maybe something like this from NCIX, but you'd have to pick up to save the delivery fee to get it under $800 pre-tax or reduce the cpu/gpu accordingly.

I'm not great at this price range... my own build plan has ballooned from $2K with tax to about $3k with tax :)

I'll gladly defer to someone who is better at building to a set budget versus me going best bang for the buck +1 or +2 :)

Glocky

Drinking your tears
From the other thread, I see this is for WarZ

MIN. system req:
Processor:2.4 GHZ Quad Core or better
Memory:4 GB RAM
Graphics:Nvidia GTX 460/ATI Radeon HD 5850

recommended improvements:
Processor:2.4 GHZ Quad Core or better
Memory:4 GB RAM

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
maybe the time for full refund will be longer if the product is defective....

Nick

DARKLY Regular
If you wanted a desktop you can scramble a computer for better worth with customizations for your self, compared to the stock models.
Now

I have a few questions that can help you with your next steps:
Are you looking for a desktop or laptop?
Do you want a base model?
Do you want to build one from scratch? (assuming you prefer desktop)
Or do you want to start with a base model and upgrade it? (Desktop mostly)

Now leaving those questions aside, I went on canada computers and found an Asus base model, the retail price is around $890, pre-HST:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/sysconfigure.php?sys=5
Here are a few pros to this: The base model is very decent, it is not time consuming compared to building a computer from scratch. On top of that if you prefer, there are upgrade options, with several of them very good value, they are around 10 dollars, including RAM speed upgrade, HDD size upgrade (doubled). There are a few other upgrades as well and they are decent.
Cons to this computer: The base price is around 890 pre-HST so it might go over your budget.

Another easier way if you didn't want to read some a LOT and actually reading about specific computer parts, there is a site called http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SITE TO EVERYONE
What this site does, is that it allows you to start building your personal computer from scratch, it includes a category for every piece of hardware in your PC, you can select from a wide range (almost every piece of available hardware out there), and it will automatically search for the best price in Canada, from all retailers, including those online. I have included a screenshot below that is the list its self.
1z6wqok.png

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
for those of you wondering why my budget is so low, it's because if i return my other computer, only half the price comes back to me.
Where did you buy it from? Might be better off parting it out and selling it to people.

shoottomaim

BANNED
Spend $900 on a illegal gat in USA, bring to store, kill the faggots who just robbed you.

seriously, what the fuck man. What the fuck.
Even scumbag steve feels bad for you getting raped so hard

Where did you buy it from? Might be better off parting it out and selling it to people.

Some sketchy place near Warden/HWY. 7. Canada Computers? I'm not sure of the name. A friend referred it to me.
haha Steve thanks :3.

They gave me half a refund because they said I "used" it or some shit like that. I can't remember the exact reason as the store employee seemed eager to get me out of there.
Again, I have no clue on how to build a computer. Perhaps someone can direct me to a custom computer maker or refer me a pre-built? Thanks guys <3.

zackychuu
my ass
it burns

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
dude, u shouldnt let that shit go. they are basically jacking u for a g, da fuck !? arent there laws agains this kind of shit? if u too young to set them straight, get your parents on the case.

:yuno:

$alvador

TD Member
Dell has exited the desktop market AFAIK but they own Alienware. Definitely build your own PC. I mean you have all us helpful knerds to audit your selection to make sure it's all compatible before you buy it and from there on out it's just plugging stuff into slots.

Be diplomatic if you're getting screwed by CC, it's all staffed by min wage chumps who are basically being squeezed by management to be tightwads so if you get them in your corner with some good ol fashion empathy it will take you a lot further than raising your voice and shit.