Mann Vs. Machine!

Discodude

TF2 Admin
I after many games with noobs, and trouble communicating and long queue times declare this update...an incredible success!!!

And I thought Mann-Up mode would be noob free...

Anyone else's thoughts? :P

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Only completed 1 mann-up mode mission.
It's really frustrating me.

I just want the damn weapon for completing all 6 missions!

Discodude

TF2 Admin
I won four yesterday, 1 in the morning and then 3 in a row won in the evening, and my last team was noob to it, hurray! :P

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
So wait a min, I have to pay for a ticket to play Mann up?

I tried co-op last night and what a pile of rage. I tried to play 3 times all 3 times the server was not upgraded and it kicked me :(

Discodude

TF2 Admin
What you want not to have are snipers, spies (except in certain situations) and you basically need a medic and an engi.

Upgrades :P: I have only really played two classes yet, being engi and soldier, and basically just gotta upgrade the sentry and rocket launcher. Near the end you want to go for bullet and blast resistance.

I tried co-op last night and what a pile of rage. I tried to play 3 times all 3 times the server was not upgraded and it kicked me

I'd say try again :P

Discodude

TF2 Admin
You get a free random item + however many from item drop system + possible squad vouchers (which are a waste of money).

Seems like a bunch of drops :P.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
Yea, I mean if you're really into TF2 I could totally get why you'd pay for it. Its Just not for the avg player.

That, and I'm sure Mom is the bank for most TF2 players.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Mann-Up = $1 for a ticket.
Ticket = 1 time use.
No ty. :P.
If you play a mission but don't finish it, it doesn't use the ticket.
It only uses the ticket when you fully complete a mission.

So you could just buy a ticket, get on the servers faster than normal, and never complete the missions.

As for the drops, you just get random weapons, with a chance of getting the new hats.
You have to complete all 6 missions, which means 6 tickets, to be in with a chance of getting the Silver/Gold botkiller weapons.
Of which, the lowest price on the gold ones currently is 3-4 buds.
Regulars are around a buds or so.

Discodude

TF2 Admin
Eh, if you don't agree don't play Mann-Up :P, I would recommend going to wait in 20 minute queues with f2ps.

Trying to get into CS:GO right now.

Starman4xz

DARKLY Regular
The MvM update was good for three base things:
1. Robot models and animations (Messing around with this. Friend made a plugin to allow people to be the robots. Im adding onto it so they can 'self-destruct')
2. Maps and items seem like a good idea....
3. m_flModelScale! YES! TINY MEN!

Narf!

TD Admin
I played the public servers, but I ended up buy the tickets anyway, and you know what? I'd say it's worth it to at least to go through all the maps (6) once. Here's why:

-it's a lot harder on the Mann Co servers
-because you pay to play, there's less pricks/noobs on there (as someone mentioned earlier, your ticket only gets spent if you clear all the waves -- if you go 5/6 waves and fail on the last one and everyone bails, you'll still have your ticket for another try)
-if you clear all the maps, you get a special item I believe...

Discodude

TF2 Admin
first completed tour of duty = strange botkiller weapon

second completed tour of duty = strange gold botkiller weapon

third = (apparently) two randomly chosen gold or silver botkiller weapons.

Narf!

TD Admin
Do you have random BSOD issues with the game? I seem to have that quite a bit since the TF2 update. I was so mad yesterday. Finally got a good group for the last level (endurance) and on the last wave just as we're about to kill the last big heavy, I BSOD...so mad...so mad...

So the guns are just reg + the chain right? You don't get any bonus when doing MvM games with it?