• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Mall shooting.

Frey

DARKLY Regular
Sooo, i heard a guy went to mall, pulled out a gun that he modified himself to look like a AK-47 and shot in thee air then after he shot him self. Wow people are crazy. What do you guys think?

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
If the only person he hurt is himself, then I guess we all gotta go sometime. Seems a bit dramatic to me, but if you're gonna go out, go out with a bang. I suppose homie just wanted to be remembered. He will be... for about 2 minutes. Seems like a wasted effort though.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
If the only person he hurt is himself, then I guess we all gotta go sometime. Seems a bit dramatic to me, but if you're gonna go out, go out with a bang. I suppose homie just wanted to be remembered. He will be... for about 2 minutes. Seems like a wasted effort though.

Or maybe, when push came to shove, he realized he didn't have it in him to kill innocent ppl (thank god), knew his life was over for busting in there shooting and shit, so he popped one in his head.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
It's sad in a way. Suicide has become much easier in the age of guns and drugs. It takes a bit more steel to run yourself through with a blade. Gives you time to ask yourself if that's what you really want. In an age of over-population though, where society just can't support all of us with the life we want to live or that will lead us to be accepted by our peers, suicide is a viable alternative to those who fear the pains of living. There are worse fates than going out on your own terms. If you have to choose between that and being a hamster on a wheel for 50 years and living a life you hate, it's no wonder more and more people decide to indulge in escapism before checking out early.

Is it any worse than that dude who helped Bernie Madoff rip off $50 billion dollars of people's retirement funds and then only greased himself when he got caught? Morbid thoughts for sure, but if he didn't hurt anyone other than himself, I can't help but feel that it's his life to either live or abandon and he chooses. Might not be as noble as some other deaths, but it is his life to discard. He's no longer a burden on anyone. Your tax dollars and mine don't have to support his wasted life.

Call me whatever you must, but there is a certain nobility that exists in suicide if it is executed with a clear mind. Some people just don't want to live in this fucked up world of ours. Who are we to tell them that they have to, especially if they know they will harm others in their revolt against our society? Sometimes, suicide is the lesser evil.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
True, but if it's the difference between them hurting others and them hurting themselves, then mother fuckers can't die fast enough IMO.
Would the world not be a better place if Adolf Hitler had rode the sharp end of the blade rather than hanging around to fuck up half the world and kill a few tens of millions of people?

Life is cheap. If you look at humans as the "Divine species" and deify our emotions, then it is difficult to accept death in anyone for any reason. But, if you look at humans as just another animal who are no more or less entitled to be here than dogs or cats, then why should we mourn someone who's time has come to an end? Death is life's most natural event. It is the great equalizer; the only true justice because it comes to all of us regardless of merit, imagined or accepted. The rich man and the poor man finally become equal in death; the rich being neither MORE nor LESS dead than the other.

The acceptance of one's own mortality is one of the most challenging concepts for any person to face. Most of us spend our entire lives running from it and many die in terror and regret as a result. If someone finds peace with themselves and is prepared to face death with their eyes open and their head high, I don't think any of us have a right to deprive them of that (assuming they aren't hurting anyone unnecessarily in the process.) Most of us will not be so lucky.

I highly doubt this guy made that resolution; he was probably depressed and in withdrawls and suicide was an escape from the pain of living more than an acceptance of his own mortality, but if a human being has a right to life, then it stands to reason that he has a right to death as well. Fuck him. He's gone, and we're still here. The living must concern themselves with the living, and the dead concern themselves with the dead.

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
Or maybe, when push came to shove, he realized he didn't have it in him to kill innocent ppl (thank god), knew his life was over for busting in there shooting and shit, so he popped one in his head.
I believe this is the reason as well.

As a kid I had a family member who was depressed for 10years and finally couldn't take it anymore [overdosed on medication].
Someone committing suicide because of mental health and someone killing themself to avoid prosecution and dealing with the consequences of their actions are 2 completely different things.