Looking to buy a new computer HELP

HaileyHaze

TD Admin
Hi Guys,

I want to buy a new computer/Lap top undecided as of yet. I would like to be able to game on it. All the new games mostly just buying a new computer to game lol.

I dont want to spend a million dollars but I also wan't to be okay for a few years.. My computer is from 2008 lol.

Can anyone suggest something that would work for me as I know nothing about buying a new computer or how to even go about doing it. Like what type of graphics cards would work for my usage.

Please HELP!!!

HaileyHaze

TD Admin
LOL Oh geez what language was that? I'm thinking pre-built probably much easier for someone with my knowledge.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Hailey, if you're going to buy prebuilt, I'll find you something affordable and then you'll just have to buy a decent video card.

I'll post some links/specs/price/performance opinion when I get out of my office, this evening.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
To start, what's your budget? Is there anything you can salvage from your old computer?

Also, if you want it to last, building it from parts is your best bet, because I find that warranties on parts are way better than pre-builds unless you drop some money on a separate retailer warranty.

HaileyHaze

TD Admin
I am such a noob when it comes to any of that stuff I wouldnt even know where to start. OG buckshot jr what do I do once I buy a graphics card? Just have a tech person put it in at like a computer shop or lol? Sorry I'm so knowledgeless but I really wanna get back to playing.

MetalLobster. Affordable but good is my budget. Whats a good budget to have lol? Also I've been playing on a dell Vostro 1500(laptop) Oldschool.

Lol

It still plays the sims 3!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Alright, Hailey - what stores do you have around you that you're willing to shop from? Give me those, and I'll give you viable options.

As for installing the graphics card, I will literally make you a youtube video that you can watch - alllll 1 minute of it. And after that, you'll be saying, "Holy shit, anyone can do that!".

MetalLobster

TD Admin
MetalLobster. Affordable but good is my budget. Whats a good budget to have lol? Also I've been playing on a dell Vostro 1500(laptop) Oldschool.

Hmm 500-700 is a good start if you are building from scratch. For pre-build, find one on a good sale because they are all overpriced to some degree.

If you're going for pre-built your best bet is to find the best sale with the best specs, which is kind of hard. However, if you ask ANYONE in the Darkly Community about how to BUILD ONE they can do a step to step plan for you on how to build one and also get you a list of parts that is within your 500 to 700 dollar price range. Building a computer from scratch is kind of like a jigsaw, once you understand how to do it once, you'll have no problem doing it again. They community is quite helpful with this kind of stuff, and they would probably reccomend you to go to newegg.com or something like that! But, anyways, good luck on you computer!

HaileyHaze

TD Admin
Hi Guys,

Well I have Future shop, Best Buy, NCIX, Costco lol. I'd rather not have to build a computer i really just wanna play some fucking CSGO with everyone cause I miss my guys!!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=7_1203_124&item_id=061075

That computer looks easy and in my price range to buy lol.. What you think of it BJ?
I think that's a great buy. But I'll search canada and ncix for a nice prebuilt that's cheap, and leaves us room to upgrade the video card.

My main goal is this: Find an affordable pre-build without a video card, so we can buy you a good one - and all added up within your price range.

Realistically, any new i5 will be great, and if we buy you a good video card, you'll be set, even for future games. I'll see what I can work up :)

$alvador

TD Member
yea that looks pretty legit for a prebuilt. sort of entry levelish but these days progress is kind of slow so it won't be obsolete anytime soon

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Stop misleading the girl.

OS you don't fuckin need, Download it. And it comes with an SSD. She can bring over her current HDD, done.