laggy server

cujo

A Little Darkly
Darkly used to be the most solid server around which is the main reason i started playing here. For the last few months, I've been seeing my sv and var fluctuate A LOT where they used to be 100% stable. This is also noticeable by little "lag spikes" that seem to happen just during normal game play. I know it's not only me as many people have complained about it.

Now, before you all rage on me, I don't play anywhere else but valve match making servers (where this doesn't happen) so forgive me if this is a game thing and not strictly a Darkly server thing. All I know is it's aggrivating and making me want to play elsewhere.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
we need to give our provider a good raping.

@lb

cujo

A Little Darkly
Is that all it is? Seems better today. Did anything get changed?

Nm, spoke too soon. :/

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
If anything, it's worse today. I hate to complain, but I want to do my part to keep you guys informed. I briefly saw 80% choke just a few minutes ago. The provider seriously needs to get its act together.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
I checked over our monitoring software.. see pics below for 7 days of readings

CPU Usage
cpu.jpg

Memory Usage
memory.jpg

Network Usage
network.jpg

Load (spike was caused by a TF2 process... once killed and restarted, load went back to normal.)
load.jpg

Disk I/O
io.jpg

Top reading
top.jpg

overview.jpg

2013-11-09 18:36:38 (20.2 MB/s) - `200MB.zip' saved [209715200/209715200]

Conclusion: Server box is running fine

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Right now the server is set to 128 max and 64 min. If you feel you are getting choke, make sure your rate is set to 128000 and if that still doesn't help, set your cmdrate and updaterate to 64.

64/64/128000 works fine for me.