• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Lag Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crojon

I'm New Here
I Lag....no matter what i do...i Lag my ping rises up to about 80-100 and i LAG....tried everything and when i Hop onto Jeffy's server i dont Lag....i dont know whats goin on.

Propaganda

TD Member
Well seeings how you are the only person that has this problem thus far I would say it has something to do with your connection to the datacenter.

Narf!

TD Admin
What's your rates set at?

Mine are:

rate 30000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_updaterate 75

I've never been on Jeffy's server so I don't know, and I do get ping spikes occasionally (but that's ONLY ME because my roommate is downloading torrents usually -- can't wait to move back to TO), but other than that, it's been really good to me :o

Maybe you should do a traceroute to see how many hops it takes you to hit the server?

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
Yea i dont have any lag whatsoever. It has to do with your connection. Check your netgraph and see if you get any loss.

Tarin

DARKLY Fiend
I agree with the above - check the stops.
I've only had lag on the 'new' server a few times - and not recently. I do get reg issues, but I think that's more my side - i need a new computer...i get vid lag too much. Consider that too. I don't know your setup.

I average ping around 60ms, but experience choke sometimes in the 20s (if alot of stuff is happening). Lately it seems to be getting worse. Sometimes I can set my cl_cmd/updaterate to 50/50 and be great (on other servers I play 100/101), and sometimes I can go as low as 25/30 and still get gobs of choke. Loss is 0 99.99% of the time. I dont know if it's my router maybe. All I can say is that the problem has been getting worse over the last week. (I have a 25Mb/s service (14 MB/s actual). Not Bell, so I know I am not being traffic shaped. I wouldn't say it was this server, but every other server I connect to I don't seem to have a problem. Regardless, this server rocks and it is still my first choice. I just wish I knew more about this stuff (I have read your earlier post Prop) so I could fix it.

crojon

I'm New Here
well it must have abeen a temporary thing becuase it stopped yesterday night. it just strikes me as odd, because i never receive Loss and my choke is veryy minimal (5-10) and my fps is alwaysss above 80 and my rates are 30000 60 60 and it usually works out ok. musta been somthing to do with rogers in the area.

Spinny

TD Admin / Giant Faggot
I have also been lagging... I can not set my cl_cmdrate or cl_updaterate at 100 (which it should be for 100 tic), if I do, my choke goes up to like 40-50.... So I had to tune it back to like 50 and 50 and since then its been good... my ping has gone up a little bit because of this but I'm not choppy anymore and definately no choke...

when I join jeffyboy's server I have to switch to 100 and 100 and it feels fine... no loss... don't know the prob, I guess it has to do with my end?

glock

TD Admin
Krammer has a 36 man server and is only ever half full. Our 32 is close to being full at prime time so rates might need to be trimmed back for alot of people.

Exactly Glock. A 100tic server over 21 players starts to do some funky shit and you just have to adjust your rates a little lower when the server is full.

Also, I find if I defrag my HDD once a week, my CSS game files (from Steam console) every 3 days, and scan for spyware every 3 days, i keep this lag shit to an absolute minimum. Some Spybots will monitor every packet you send and receive, see what that does to your ping and registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.