Just got screwed by a Steam bug

Slawek

TD Admin
Here's my email to steam explaining the issue:

"There appears to be a bug that has just cost me $100. I had an M9 Bayonet Night Battle Scarred in my inventory. I purchased an AK 47 Case Hardened Minimal Wear, which appeared in my inventory list in game. I right clicked on the AK 47, clicked Sell In Marketplace, it brought up the standard pop up with graph, I listed the item for $28.45, and the Window disappeared. I look at my inventory, and the M9 Bayonet Night is gone, yet the AK 47 is still there. Before I could go and cancel the sale, the knife was sold (basically instantly)."

If you google this you will see it has happened to a bunch of people. So unfair. Just glad it wasn't my karambit.

MetalLobster

TD Admin
oh no, not you too!

This is a known bug with the Steam Client and there has been no fixes AFAIK. On reddit, people advise using their website instead of the client. Do you have a screens? You may be able to contact Steam support about it.

Slawek

TD Admin
I know i've read about it too, and said yeah right, bullshit.

Then it happened to me.

No screens :/ It was actually a $85 loss. I mean, it's not the end of the world, it's just a lot of time went into making that money. Was really buggin' to buy a Glock Fade with that shit! Ah well, time to get back at it I guess.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Ouchhhhh.
Sucks that it happened man but you could probably make that back in a week!

Stinks to have a set back in your money making. Hope you get a response soon.

td|35mm

TD Admin
Never sell in game... if you want to sell something, get off game and sell trough the Steam client.
Always double-check the name and picture.

I almost got screwed up twice as well, but I always check and double check stuff when selling or buying...

Slawek

TD Admin
Those asking for an update:

"Hello Slawek,
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
We apologize for the delay.
All Community Market transactions are final and cannot be reversed.
During the process you are asked to confirm the transactions several times before it is complete.
In the future, please ensure you wish to complete the transaction before authorizing it.
For further information about the Community Market please visit the following link here:"

The bot that responded to my email is probably the same bot that bought my knife.

Wrath

DARKLY Middleman
Those asking for an update:

"Hello Slawek,
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.
We apologize for the delay.
All Community Market transactions are final and cannot be reversed.
During the process you are asked to confirm the transactions several times before it is complete.
In the future, please ensure you wish to complete the transaction before authorizing it.
For further information about the Community Market please visit the following link here:"

The bot that responded to my email is probably the same bot that bought my knife.
Typical Steam Support faggotry.

I'm lucky I can no longer buy/sell on the Market while in-game. Every time I try to, it says 'Cookies must be enabled'. :lolwut: If there even wa such a setting for it, I'd have changed up the browser a long time ago.

Another way you could prevent mistake from happening is by having 'filler' in-between your high-priced goods. Find a way to purchase a crate, a $.10 cent weapon, and keep the knifes/high priced guns separate from each other. Less likely to make a mistake, or more possible, less likely to get fucked by the steam lag.

My inventory's in such a perfect order, the most I'll ever lose is a SWAG-7 Bulldozer or a case. :shiteatinggrin: