Icebreaker

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
Time to talk about this. I know many people don't like me on darkly and that's fine, and personally you can roast me all you want in the chat idc. But I need to bring up the issue of bias within the darkly admin community.

Recently the admin FEAR THE ELDERLY seems to have a great bias against me and is constantly watching my every move to see if im up to trouble. The issue with this admin runs all the way back to when me and darkpaladinprime were butting heads everyday, though back then it wasn't this bad. I'm also aware that this isn't the only admin to have these problems with me, but that is beside the point.

My most recent issue was when i was on trade server #2 and I was advertising my backpack. I have a bind bound to my kill key that reads "knyshrm u ded" whenever i kill myself. No other admin has even batted their eye about this bind. Fear warned everyone in chat to not spam the chat, but I did not spam the bind, nor even double post it. They were at good intervals so i could even avoid this issue. I used it a while after the warning because I thought the warning wasn't to me as some people were double posting in chat. I got gagged by fear so I asked him why i got gagged despite the fact i never spammed. He told me "it doesn't matter if you spammed or not, rule #1 states that you must listen to admins no matter what". I went to server #1 for a bit then came back. I used the bind after about 5 minutes in the game to switch my loadout and then i got banned for 6 hours "ignoring".

The length of the ban doesn't concern me at all. What concerns me is that he was so ready to ban me for such a stupid reason. I only have issues "most" times on the darkly servers with this admin because he is always, ALWAYS on my tail about doing ANYTHING that he deems wrong (which is apparently me just being there).

I have tried to have a group chat with 2 other admins about this issue with fear (nano and cheese), he refused to accept the chat invite. I tried to add him and he declined my invite. There is no reason at all for an admin to be so immature about such a small issue. I wish to discuss why he insists on harassing me whenever im on the darkly servers and I hope to finally come to rest about this issue.

Nano and cheese have informed me that they are here to discuss the issue as well.

I'm likely going to just leave this community if this issue cannot be solved because it's very apparent I'm not welcome here anymore from multiple admins (not just fear).

Thank you for your time,
Kenny

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
Kenny, as I've known him for awhile is a great friend. We go back pretty far. And while a lot of our staff team believe he's out for blood, he's not.
Fear is another really good friend of mine, we get along well, and have some history.

So when I heard that there was trouble I tried to help, and do my part to solve the issue. I believe that this can be talked out maturely here, and if you do not have any part in this or are here to just flame either Fear or Kenny, then leave - you don't have any business here.

I have not been there to witness either side of the story, I just know that I've been told multiple stories around and I'd like to make sure things get past us, and out the window and be understood, because there doesn't need to be anymore drama in our servers, it makes it quite unbearable. Whereas a group-chat or some sort of communication besides a forum post would be grand, when one party doesn't comply to do such, it's hard.

My opinion is not directed towards either of you, I think that perhaps an understanding needs to be met and I only serve as someone that is trying to communicate with the two parties to try and keep peace. I'd really just like for everyone to get along, and I do not wish for anyone to leave our community.
please

Cheese

DARKLY Regular
I do agree with @Nanoactive, I'm just here to do my job as a Staff to help a fellow player of Darkly out with situations happening on the servers. Now, I just heard about this not too long ago and wanted to get a better understanding from the two and help find a solution (which was the reason I was invited to the chat by Nano, who is also willing to find the solution). I'm not on anyone's side for whoever is the one that did the right and wrong. I've known Kenny for quite a bit and I've never had any issues with the guy. I've also known Fear for quite a bit aswell, so I can't say something automatically about anything. Now, I may not be as much of a help considering I wasn't a witness, but again, Kenny messaged me about an issue,and I'm just trying to do my job. In the meantime, I just need to know from both sides what happen and put it together. So hopefully, in this thread, it will be a peaceful conversation and hopefully turns out alright.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
So let me get this straight,

You were using a bind.
Fear said stop.
You used it again, not knowing he was talking to you.
You got gagged.
You asked Fear why you were gagged, he explained you that he was talking to you about "spamming" (anything in the chat that doesn't involve communicating with other users or any text that doesn't have a point to it I.E. repeating ads, useless binds, god damn lenny faces, etc is considered spam)
You left for a bit.
You came back and started using it again knowing someone had asked you to stop.
You got banned.

I don't see how that was biased in anyway whatsoever.

I advise you come back onto the servers when your ban expires and delete that useless bind.
You don't need to announce to everyone that you died, that's what the killfeed is for.

Also, even though you stated that some of the others admins have not warned you about that bind, that doesn't mean you can ignore if another one comes along and asks you to stop.
I'm usually chill about it on #1 if nobody is trading, but I may have to rethink that if you have the mentality that my or anyone else's judgement omits any other members of the staff

As for having problems with some of the admins, you guys are free to clear things up.
Just note that the "Fuck the admins" attitude isn't welcomed around here, if you play on our servers you are required to respect what the staff say, and in return you may earn that respect back.
You don't have to agree with rules, as long as you respect and follow them.
I hope something can get worked out.

EDIT:all statements made by me are my personal opinions

Last edited:

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
"spamming" (anything in the chat that doesn't involve communicating with other users or any text that doesn't have a point to it I.E. repeating ads, useless binds, god damn lenny faces, etc is considered spam)
I don't know what others think about this, but in my opinion a bind with a saying in it is communicating. People talking in chat about who would win in some sort of battle to the death or a topic other than trading is just as much communicating as that. Anything could be considered "communicating with other users". From my definition (don't know about everyone else), it's the frequency rather than the message.

I don't hold anything against you Rei, but the rules say otherwise.
~ No spamming
This includes occupying the mic for long periods of time, repeatedly posting long messages in chat with the intention of inhibiting the visibility of other players' messages, adding or trading random players on the server to buy or sell items, and duplicate, consecutive chat posts.

Reactions: Rei

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Kenny, let me just start out by saying that if I hadn't vouched for you on multiple occasions, you'd have been permbanned a long time ago. I've seen how helpful and funny you can be and part of me thinks that once you get the hint, you can be that way again. Remember that raffle scam that happened awhile back? You helped me get names and shit? That was good stuff. I'm not saying you have to be my eyes and ears when you are on, but cmon dude. You went from really helpful and great to being on almost every staff member's shitlist, despite me saying "he's just having an off day."

Well which is it, man? Is this whole "bad boy, I'm a rebel" thing your off day or was you helping me an off day? I'll chat with the staff about this perceived targeting, but in the meantime, evaluate yourself and think about if it's really just the staff causing the problem here.

And Mizz, the whole "lol tf2 is boring" bit is really old. Go start a new thread for it that I can ignore.

Last edited:

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
I thank you all for being civil about this, as I know my actions and words have been otherwise. I do admit my actions seemed to come off as a "fuck the admins" attitude, which to some degree they were. But I hope by making this thread and talking it out that I can rid my attitude and think about my actions.

As for the ban, well, it's up now so there isn't a problem there, and cmp is going to talk to the staff. So I for one am satisfied by this thread and I will continue to try and think about my attitude before I say anything on the server. Again, thank you for dealing with this situation.

TankClash

TF2 Staff | Chief Peon
Edit: I do believe in second chances, but I also think that chance comes with a cost... do not make me regret making this post. I'd rather not have to regard you in a sense where that sword is hanging over your head... but lets be realistic. If I have to hear about something other than you did something wicked cool... you're gone...

Edit2:------One more thing... you cannot use binds unless trading... If it's not a trade bind don't fucking use it to reiterate regarding binds.. we know what a headshot is. I've outsniped you plenty of times... stop it... that means don't even manually type it out...
Also the !admins are %99.99 right, if you have issues you will post on the forum, not start a debate with them on the server, also there are unwritten rules that are just common sense.

No if ands or butts... either follow the rules or make your own server with your own set of rules... And we'll come there to challenge them... ya dig?

And now for the good part... advice 101...

The internet distance gives people balls of steel yes and I agree, I'm very glad that you've taken the time to make a post about this issue, it shows you like playing here and being a part of the community.

I have never had any real problem with other than the times I've had to deal with you personally(and not very many) because I was approached by people who felt you were bothering them.

I hope we can iron out the wrinkles regarding your past conduct and do look forward to seeing what you will contribute in the near future... I'm sure you're a good dude.

Let bygones be bygones, we live on the same planet. Hope to see ya trading to your hearts content.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/6788264

Last edited: