Help with maps?

Betroyo

I'm New Here
Hi folks, I'm having trouble getting in when there's a custom map up.

Try and join - says downloading map. When download is complete, it says missing map.

I've tried installed a version found on the internet but it says its different than that on the server. I think i had the same issue with contra but found the same version online somewhere. Anywhere I can get a map pack, or something? This might be as I'm on a mac and it saves the maps in a different path the pc's? No idea.

Cheers,

-B

Betroyo

I'm New Here
:( Looks like the problem I'm having must be a CS:GO one. I manually put the maps into the maps directory, tried to connect to the server with one of them playing (cheateau) - it downloaded a couple extra supporting files ... but still booted me saying i dont have the map (which i do - it's the one i downloaded from the above link). As it's just me with the problem I'm guessing there's something up my end. Just putting this out there if anyone's encountered this.

Betroyo

I'm New Here
more info - must be some maps only - nightfever worked! wonder if its if theres extra files to download or something

TinanaBoa

DARKLY Regular
:( Looks like the problem I'm having must be a CS:GO one. I manually put the maps into the maps directory, tried to connect to the server with one of them playing (cheateau) - it downloaded a couple extra supporting files ... but still booted me saying i dont have the map (which i do - it's the one i downloaded from the above link). As it's just me with the problem I'm guessing there's something up my end. Just putting this out there if anyone's encountered this.
Best thing to do would be to delete the map thats causing you problems.
Maps can be found here[I have 64bit system but if you have 32bit windows then just go to program files]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps
Next time you connect it will download the updated version of the map from workshop for you.

Betroyo

I'm New Here
Ahh thank you! I think im trying to do it the wrong way (manually installing) - im new to GO and workshop etc - havent played since CS:S a couple years ago - thank you! (im on a mac so the path is diff but i know where it is :))