• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

DENIED Hello everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Dolan

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: Uncle Dolan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40854298
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Umm, i dont know what to type here :( DGN ? :(
Ban Reason: http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/threads/76561198041974324-uncel-dolan.9161/

State your case:
when i was reading the rules about posting i saw that i need to be honest. ill do my best.
Alright let me tell you a story, a story of little greedy kid.
About 9 months ago, i was one little kid who was trying to make profit in tf2.
Everybody had buds, bills, cool hats with cool effects and i was still poor.
Scamming was the only way for me to make profit at that time, i thought that this is the only way i can get cool hats.
I was realy not into trading and i didnt even wanted to trade, i was just playing tf2 for the fun. At one point i snapped.
I saw this cool looking site called Tf2 Outpost where everyone could trade his stout shako for 2 refined. i started trading and after few days i learned how to trade and not get scammed. a friend of mine told me about pricing sites. i started using them and after short time i came up with an idea.
The idea was simple :)
Get any craftable hat (in that time the texas ten galon was very popular)
And also get a dirty version of the same hat.
Yep, you got it, quickswitching! thats what i started to do.
I started making profit, like .66 from a trade. I was pretty happy that now i was finaly getting rich in tf2.
In like 2 days or so, someone reported me and i got banned from Tf2 outpost. It was not a big deal for me, there were many trading sites that i could use but soon after that i quit playing tf2 because i had to study.
After some (valve) time i went back to tf2.
I havent changed alot, i still wanted to scam.
One night i went to a trading server, i started trading with some people, sold some keys for more metal, bought some keys for less metal etc...
One dude wanted to buy some weapons from me оr sell some weps to me i dont quite remamber, and i was like: Oh lets have some fun, lets give him some dirty weapons :D
And i did it. i scammed him, i gave him dirty weapons instead of clean. I was laughing so hard, he wanted to give me back the dirty weapons and requested clean ones. I put on my douchebag mode and started being dick, i told him to fuck off or something i dont quite remamber... i was very rude.
After few days i opened a trade site and i was banned. i was like what the?!?!
I went to another trade site and i was also banned. after some time my friend told me about this steam rep thing, when i entered my steam account it told me that im marked as scammer and that im banned from all trade sites. I was like what the ?!?! srsly?! when i saw the reason why i was banned i laughed my ass off... After few days, i was so mad, i wanted to keep trading but i was instantly kicked/banned from any trade site/server that i went on. i was so mad. I have quit tf2 because of this. After many hours/days of thinking, i have finaly came to a conclusion that i am a pretty bad person and that i have ruined many peoples days with those scams back then. I thought that i would quit tf2 forever because of this, i couldnt see any reason to play tf2 again. Some of my friends started playing Dota2 (oh i forgot to mention that im huge dota and MOBA type games fan) I gave dota2 a try and i liked it. I saw that there is also trading in dota2 but this time lesion was learned, i started trading honestly without trying to scam. After all this time, i have grown up and im not that little greedy kid anymore. I got back to tf2, started trading and after some time i finaly earned my first unusual, i started from scratch and went to the top, i was at the top of my world. I havent pulled a single scam from that moment, as i said, i have learned my lession and now i request to get unbanned from Steam rep just so i can trade on those trading sites with ease.
My name is Martin
Im 16 y/o
Peace ♥

(oh and btw i hope this thread is allright and i havent broken any posting rules, sorry for any bad language or grammar mistakes, English is not my native language and as i said, i tried to be as honest as possible)
Thanks!

:dolan:

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
After some valve time of being under review, will i ever get a responce? zackychuu jakksilves

Jakksilves processed your tag and its corresponding scam report; thus only he will be handling your appeal. I understand the delay is strenuous, however all that can be done is to wait for Jakksilves to respond. Please be patient during this process. Any updates in relation to your appeal will be posted here.

Uncle Dolan

I'm New Here
Jakksilves processed your tag and its corresponding scam report; thus only he will be handling your appeal. I understand the delay is strenuous, however all that can be done is to wait for Jakksilves to respond. Please be patient during this process. Any updates in relation to your appeal will be posted here.

Allright sir, thanks!

Please do not bump your post again. I will get to you when I can.

Further bumps or 'check ins' will result in your appeal being delayed.

I am reviewing your case. Please be patient as I have a lot of data to go through and minimal amounts of time to process it.

Name When Banned: Uncle Dolan
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:40854298
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: Umm, i dont know what to type here :( DGN ? :(
Ban Reason: http://www.darklygaming.com/forum/threads/76561198041974324-uncel-dolan.9161/

State your case:
when i was reading the rules about posting i saw that i need to be honest. ill do my best.
Alright let me tell you a story, a story of little greedy kid.
About 9 months ago, i was one little kid who was trying to make profit in tf2.
Everybody had buds, bills, cool hats with cool effects and i was still poor.
Scamming was the only way for me to make profit at that time, i thought that this is the only way i can get cool hats.
I was realy not into trading and i didnt even wanted to trade, i was just playing tf2 for the fun. At one point i snapped.
I saw this cool looking site called Tf2 Outpost where everyone could trade his stout shako for 2 refined. i started trading and after few days i learned how to trade and not get scammed. a friend of mine told me about pricing sites. i started using them and after short time i came up with an idea.
The idea was simple :)
Get any craftable hat (in that time the texas ten galon was very popular)
And also get a dirty version of the same hat.
Yep, you got it, quickswitching! thats what i started to do.
I started making profit, like .66 from a trade. I was pretty happy that now i was finaly getting rich in tf2.
In like 2 days or so, someone reported me and i got banned from Tf2 outpost. It was not a big deal for me, there were many trading sites that i could use but soon after that i quit playing tf2 because i had to study.
After some (valve) time i went back to tf2.
I havent changed alot, i still wanted to scam.
One night i went to a trading server, i started trading with some people, sold some keys for more metal, bought some keys for less metal etc...
One dude wanted to buy some weapons from me оr sell some weps to me i dont quite remamber, and i was like: Oh lets have some fun, lets give him some dirty weapons :D
And i did it. i scammed him, i gave him dirty weapons instead of clean. I was laughing so hard, he wanted to give me back the dirty weapons and requested clean ones. I put on my douchebag mode and started being dick, i told him to fuck off or something i dont quite remamber... i was very rude.
After few days i opened a trade site and i was banned. i was like what the?!?!
I went to another trade site and i was also banned. after some time my friend told me about this steam rep thing, when i entered my steam account it told me that im marked as scammer and that im banned from all trade sites. I was like what the ?!?! srsly?! when i saw the reason why i was banned i laughed my ass off... After few days, i was so mad, i wanted to keep trading but i was instantly kicked/banned from any trade site/server that i went on. i was so mad. I have quit tf2 because of this. After many hours/days of thinking, i have finaly came to a conclusion that i am a pretty bad person and that i have ruined many peoples days with those scams back then. I thought that i would quit tf2 forever because of this, i couldnt see any reason to play tf2 again. Some of my friends started playing Dota2 (oh i forgot to mention that im huge dota and MOBA type games fan) I gave dota2 a try and i liked it. I saw that there is also trading in dota2 but this time lesion was learned, i started trading honestly without trying to scam. After all this time, i have grown up and im not that little greedy kid anymore. I got back to tf2, started trading and after some time i finaly earned my first unusual, i started from scratch and went to the top, i was at the top of my world. I havent pulled a single scam from that moment, as i said, i have learned my lession and now i request to get unbanned from Steam rep just so i can trade on those trading sites with ease.
My name is Martin
Im 16 y/o
Peace ♥

(oh and btw i hope this thread is allright and i havent broken any posting rules, sorry for any bad language or grammar mistakes, English is not my native language and as i said, i tried to be as honest as possible)
Thanks!

:dolan:

I will have an answer for you by Sunday.

I have to ask, why did you do it in the first place? Examining your post, it seems you were well aware of the consequences and can differentiate between right and wrong.

I also suspect dubious profit was made, please disclose every single scam you have committed up to your ban. You can use SR Blocks, such as the example below, to state what was stolen and from who and who was involved.

Main
| steamname: Jakk
| steamID32: STEAM_0:1:44479885
| steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049225499
| customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JakkSilves
| steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198049225499

Uncle Dolan

I'm New Here
I did it because i was greedy and very immature. As the time passed i learned my lesson.
I realized that scamming people is wrong and the real profit can also be made by honest trading.
Im not realy into tf2 anymore, i only play when there are new weapons/updates.
I started playing dota2 (there is also trading in dota2) and everyting i got into my dota2 inventory has been earned by honest trading without any scam attempts.
I havent gotten any report besides this one that got me banned and marked as a scammer from SR.

Not much scams have been done before i get banned, i was banned shortly after the the scam that got me banned.
The very few scams that i managed to pull off without being reported were so long ago i cant even remember of them. But i remember that i didnt make any big damage because all i could get at that point were a few hats and some clean weapons.
I have never did a big scam like a key/bills or unusual. as i said, all i could do was trash scamming.

If i dont get unbanned its ok for me, i can live with that because i know that i deserve it.
I have tried my best to convince you that i have changed, i have been as honest as posible.
(im sorry if i have made some grammar mistakes, as i said, english is not my native language.

Thanks for replying sir!

Thank you for your reply. However, I still require you to list every single scam you have committed up to your ban. You can use SR Blocks, such as the example I made above, showing who you deceived and what was stolen. Even if you claim not to remember, remember this, we know more than you may think we are aware of. I would think long and hard about your reply.

Trash scamming or not, it is still scamming.

I will have an answer for you later next week. Meanwhile reply back with what you do know.

Uncle Dolan

I'm New Here
But sir, my steam inventory history shows up to 10 pages. the last trades are from october 2013, i cannot go beyond that. How do i find the names of the people that i have scammed year before that?! I just cant find the trades, i really dont remamber the names of the people that i scammed :(
There is nothing i can do, if you dont belive me i can give you my account so you can see for yourself. I realy dont know how to prove.
If i was a scammer i would come up with names or tell my friends to act like i scammed them so i can have proof... Please understand me sir, there is no other way... Just put urself in my perspective and think about it :(

But sir, my steam inventory history shows up to 10 pages. the last trades are from october 2013, i cannot go beyond that. How do i find the names of the people that i have scammed year before that?! I just cant find the trades, i really dont remamber the names of the people that i scammed :(
There is nothing i can do, if you dont belive me i can give you my account so you can see for yourself. I realy dont know how to prove.
If i was a scammer i would come up with names or tell my friends to act like i scammed them so i can have proof... Please understand me sir, there is no other way... Just put urself in my perspective and think about it :(

That is fine.

Send me a friend invite on Steam, there is just one final thing I need to go over with you before I can make a decision. Your input will help influence it.

Status
Not open for further replies.