H1Z1 - Sony's DAYZ - War Z

Hinouchi

TD Admin
There's crafting system, server that holds 1000 players.

Imagine the world is as big as Plantside 2 ... :motherofgod:

Interesting.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
With it being free I may actually play it...
I've been trying to convince my IRL friends to buy WarZ since it came out but nothing.
They can't say no to downloading a free game so I'll finally get to play something like this with them :D

DatGuy

TD Member
With it being free I may actually play it...
I've been trying to convince my IRL friends to buy WarZ since it came out but nothing.
They can't say no to downloading a free game so I'll finally get to play something like this with them :D

Friends dont let friends play WarZ...you aren't a very good friend Zacky

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
This game has a lot of potential. I've been reading stuff on it and I really can't wait to try it out. DayZ, DayZ Standalone, and WarZ have a lot of bugs in them (not to say that H1Z1 won't have any) but this game is being developed by a good company as opposed to a few people working on a mod that they now market as a full game. Hopefully it will have characteristics of Arma 3 and the crafting system will really be interesting to figure out. Like, imagine having to craft your tires and engine parts to utilize a vehicle instead of just having to find them like you do in DayZ.

And for DayZ I really hate how when you shoot someone in the head all of their equipment gets damaged. H1Z1 might have this problem eliminated to a degree.

One thing that I'm really worried about is how many people they are saying can fit on one server. Most of you probably remember a game called MAG that marketed a large server space for players and it was an utter failure... how is a 1,000 player server going to work? I can expect some major server issues to be present when the game first launches but they will most likely get fixed knowing how Sony is.

The game might utilize the feature of barricading yourself in a house or building that you find. Imagine having a group of around 10-12 people and you find a prime location inside a military base and being able to barricade yourself in to create a temporary or permanent base. You could loot all of the good items that are spawned in the military base. Maybe H1Z1 will utilize the feature that DayZ has where once an item is looted it doesn't spawn back in until the server is reset but having a player slot of 1,000 I don't think it would make people very happy to have to start over.

Like I said previously, this game has a lot of potential but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
I'm a masochist. I really enjoy warz. But honestly, it's a shit game, wherein lies it's charm.

I think Sony would do well to learn from the mistakes that Sergio made, and don't over promise and under deliver, and make fucking sure you've got decent anti-hacks.

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
I'm a masochist. I really enjoy warz. But honestly, it's a shit game, wherein lies it's charm.

I think Sony would do well to learn from the mistakes that Sergio made, and don't over promise and under deliver, and make fucking sure you've got decent anti-hacks.

I'm sick of going onto servers, even private hive servers, and finding hackers.

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
It was so bad for a time in Warz, you'd spawn in, die immediately. they had some long-shot aimbot thing.

they had glitches where you could hide in trees, under the ground, above buildings. It was brutal. Thats when we decided to host our own server.

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
It was so bad for a time in Warz, you'd spawn in, die immediately. they had some long-shot aimbot thing.

they had glitches where you could hide in trees, under the ground, above buildings. It was brutal. Thats when we decided to host our own server.

Yeah I remember those days. That's what made me stop playing for a while.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
So, I guess I should put off on buying DayZ and try this out when it gets released.

Save yourself from DayZ. If you think WarZ is half-baked (which it's not, it actually works and you can play), DayZ is a totally unfinished, not even half-working game.

Worst money I've ever wasted.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Man, DayZ's been the exact same since the day the mod came out. No one's working on shit, hence the disclaimer in the Steam Store. They're just sitting, collecting money...

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Man, DayZ's been the exact same since the day the mod came out. No one's working on shit, hence the disclaimer in the Steam Store. They're just sitting, collecting money...

I read somewhere on their forums that they are trying to improve on the item qualities when you kill someone. Is it really necessary to have your canned food damaged when you shoot someone in the head?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I read somewhere on their forums that they are trying to improve on the item qualities when you kill someone. Is it really necessary to have your canned food damaged when you shoot someone in the head?

As of last month (I have the latest version), you had to swing your melee sideways to hit a zombie because it's that broken. POS.

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
As of last month (I have the latest version), you had to swing your melee sideways to hit a zombie because it's that broken. POS.

To be honest, I have to agree with you that they kind have become money whores. They used to update the game a lt and make improvements...now they really do just rack in the money.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
While a firm release date remains unannounced, Smedley did reveal to Game Talk Livethat H1Z1 will eventually be made available on Steam Early Access for $20 and might be playable in the next 4-6 weeks. HMMMMMMMMMM~

DayZ standalone for 29.99 fuck that, just buy arma 2 and play the mod instead, heard it's less fucked. Either way, save it and wait for H1Z1 I'll be all over this when it comes out.

I just hope they don't fuck up the game balance with micro-transaction model, just keep everything cosmetic because EVERYONE LOVES HATS and GUN SKINS ... :trollface:

Need to get all the TD bros into this!