Semi-Finals First Leg comin right up!!! Skipping work to watch this shit! lol

Today @ 2:45PM
Real Madrid @ Bayern Munchen

WOO!

Tomorrow @ 2:45PM
Barcelona @ Chelsea

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Stoked at the Bayern win but sweating a bit from that away goal. If Bayern can score one in Madrid, I like their chances. If not, it's going to be a nail biter.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
It was important, but again, it's not a good idea to get too excited. Both Real and Barcelona know that they can score goals by the fistful at home. Chelsea now need to limit Barcelona to NO GOALS AT HOME, or score an away goal in order to progress without extra time.

It may seem easy enough, but when players like Messi and Ronaldo are in front of their home fans, they're a lot more difficult to contain.

For Bayern, the lack of an away goal is even more troubling, as they need to be able to match Real goal for goal in order to win now. (If Real win 1 - 0, they go through on the away goal and it's Bye Bye Bayern).

That being said, both teams could happily score one goal and shut up shop. Real would do it for teh win, while Barcelona would probably lull Chelsea to sleep with possession play, tire them out, and then have Messi save some brilliance for the final 5 minutes to score a second goal and finish the leg off.

For both squads it's a great start, but there is plenty of football left to play and over-confidence will be the end of either team at this point.

I'm as Die-Hard a Bayern fan as you'll find in Canada, but I'm still shitting bricks worrying about the next half of the leg.

jamesearljones

TD Member
i'm surprised messi didn't have at least two or three goals. there was a segment where i thought they would trounce the shit outta chelsea early on.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
That second half was the sickest football match I've seen in ages. Barcelona started counting chickens, and all they found was a cracked egg.

That, and a slaughtered Chelsea side would make easy pickings for FC Bayern in Munich.

crojon

I'm New Here
MAN!!!! thats a game. well fuckin played by chelsea. Messi had the opportunity to bury that and failed. Great game, cant wait to see tommorows Match

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
WOOOOOOOOOO!
FUCK BARCA! :D

Bunch of diving sissies, I can't stand them. That, and the Juventus-style refs that are obviously bought by the Spanish government... hahaha bitches! :D

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
WOOOOOOOOOO!
FUCK BARCA! :D

Bunch of diving sissies, I can't stand them. That, and the Juventus-style refs that are obviously bought by the Spanish government... hahaha bitches! :D

Exxaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. That red card was nonsense, but, from a STRICT interpretation of the rules any "Foul, Abusive or Offensive language or gestures" are grounds for a sending off, and if you consider tail-boning / trying to knee someone in the nuts from behind, it is most definitely a Foul and Abusive gesture.

Now, keeping in mind the wording of the law is both "IN THE OPINION OF THE REFEREE" as well as "MUST BE SENT OFF", this is the sort of decision that most logically minded people would consider over the top, but according to FIFA and their rulebook, the referee made the correct decision. I probably would have made that a yellow and a zero tolerance warning, but losing Terry, Meireles and who else? Lampard? for the final will be a punishment of sorts. Personally, I think Terry is a bum and a twat so really, they're doing them a favour, but that's just me.

Taco does have a point that Spain can't really afford it, but neither could Italy and they did it anyhow. If anything, it would be a good investment for the Spanish because it's stuff like Soccer that takes people's minds off of 15% unemployment and recession of their already piss-poor economy.

(Contrary to popular belief, these austerity measures aren't helping anyone in the long run. Instead of gambling on a bounce-back from excessive spending and lending, you're banking on a guaranteed recession and contraction that you HOPE will be less severe than taking the risk to grow your economy. At least if you spend a lot, there is a CHANCE That the sectors and businesses you invest in will catch fire and make you some positive returns, whereas trimming the fat just starves everyone who needs food, but this is not the place for an economics discussion.)

LOTS of biased officiating out there, and Manchester United and Barcelona get a LOT of calls that other teams won't, while Real Madrid tends to get the shaft. Bayern tends to get the shaft in Germany a lot, and having a nefarious dive artist like Robben on their team doesn't help.

Ribery fights through tackles, but he also tackles aggressively so they give him the shaft as well, which is pure nonsense. The man is one of the best all around footballers of our generation and riding him hard because he is ALSO retardedly strong on top of being fit, fast, and having magically soft feet is ridiculous.(Not that I'll complain if Real get shafted tomorrowm but anyhow.)

HEY SUPER BAYERN!

GO SUPER BAYERN!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Exxaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. That red card was nonsense, but, from a STRICT interpretation of the rules any "Foul, Abusive or Offensive language or gestures" are grounds for a sending off, and if you consider tail-boning / trying to knee someone in the nuts from behind, it is most definitely a Foul and Abusive gesture.

Now, keeping in mind the wording of the law is both "IN THE OPINION OF THE REFEREE" as well as "MUST BE SENT OFF", this is the sort of decision that most logically minded people would consider over the top, but according to FIFA and their rulebook, the referee made the correct decision. I probably would have made that a yellow and a zero tolerance warning, but losing Terry, Meireles and who else? Lampard? for the final will be a punishment of sorts. Personally, I think Terry is a bum and a twat so really, they're doing them a favour, but that's just me.

Taco does have a point that Spain can't really afford it, but neither could Italy and they did it anyhow. If anything, it would be a good investment for the Spanish because it's stuff like Soccer that takes people's minds off of 15% unemployment and recession of their already piss-poor economy.

(Contrary to popular belief, these austerity measures aren't helping anyone in the long run. Instead of gambling on a bounce-back from excessive spending and lending, you're banking on a guaranteed recession and contraction that you HOPE will be less severe than taking the risk to grow your economy. At least if you spend a lot, there is a CHANCE That the sectors and businesses you invest in will catch fire and make you some positive returns, whereas trimming the fat just starves everyone who needs food, but this is not the place for an economics discussion.)

LOTS of biased officiating out there, and Manchester United and Barcelona get a LOT of calls that other teams won't, while Real Madrid tends to get the shaft. Bayern tends to get the shaft in Germany a lot, and having a nefarious dive artist like Robben on their team doesn't help.

Ribery fights through tackles, but he also tackles aggressively so they give him the shaft as well, which is pure nonsense. The man is one of the best all around footballers of our generation and riding him hard because he is ALSO retardedly strong on top of being fit, fast, and having magically soft feet is ridiculous.(Not that I'll complain if Real get shafted tomorrowm but anyhow.)

HEY SUPER BAYERN!

GO SUPER BAYERN!
Man... minus the essay, and the retarded FIFA rulebook - anyone who knows football knows that wasn't a red, plain and simple. Theatrics and fear of crowd/rioting have pushed refereeing to new levels of stupidity and everyone knows it. Problem is, how to you stop 80,000+ (this is a conservative average, pending stadium) people at a stadium from attending and going nuts at the world's most popular sporting event? You can't, and so the circle jerks...

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Man... minus the essay, and the retarded FIFA rulebook - anyone who knows football knows that wasn't a red, plain and simple.

Actually... having just read the FIFA Laws of the Game and aced the course two weekends ago, it was. My instincts didn't say so, but it was, and it is, and if you don't believe me, feel free to read the laws yourself.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/officialdocuments/doclists/laws.html

Your theory, though wonderful in a "Bunch of college kids sitting around smoking weed wondering why they don't understand the call the ref made" kinda way, is completely off base.

OH, and FYI... only one team has a stadium that seats over 80,000 in Europe, and it's Borussia Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park, AKA Westfalenstadion. Trust me. I know my football. Apparently better than you do. O.o

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Actually... having just read the FIFA Laws of the Game and aced the course two weekends ago, it was. My instincts didn't say so, but it was, and it is, and if you don't believe me, feel free to read the laws yourself.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/officialdocuments/doclists/laws.html

Your theory, though wonderful in a "Bunch of college kids sitting around smoking weed wondering why they don't understand the call the ref made" kinda way, is completely off base.

OH, and FYI... only one team has a stadium that seats over 80,000 in Europe, and it's Borussia Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park, AKA Westfalenstadion. Trust me. I know my football. Apparently better than you do. O.o

You know penis, my friend. So what, you can ref a match. Football fans around the globe dislike Fifa's gay rules, and we all know theatrics plays a HUGE part in how calls are made. You can't argue that fact. So what Terry put his knee up a bit, we've all seen way worse (nasty slide tackles, pushing and shoving - which should be an automatic red) get let off with less.

The refs in that game were shyte.

As for the stadiums, if you've ever attended (I think you have, right? Thought I saw it in your video you posted...), you'd know they let in WAY more people in the pits than the seats allow, so the 80,000 # is skewed by all accounts. Google doesn't teach you all ;)

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
You know penis, my friend. So what, you can ref a match. Football fans around the globe dislike Fifa's gay rules, and we all know theatrics plays a HUGE part in how calls are made. You can't argue that fact. So what Terry put his knee up a bit, we've all seen way worse (nasty slide tackles, pushing and shoving - which should be an automatic red) get let off with less.

The refs in that game were shyte.;)

Where was the ball?

If it was within 5 yards, it might be excusable as a reckless challenge, which is a cautionable offense. The ball was NOWHERE to be seen, which makes it deliberate intent to injure another player, which is an automatic red. To be honest, the only thing Terry should regret is not having hit him harder to earn the red. Terry himself admitted it was a red card offense.

As for the stadiums, if you've ever attended (I think you have, right? Thought I saw it in your video you posted...), you'd know they let in WAY more people in the pits than the seats allow, so the 80,000 # is skewed by all accounts. Google doesn't teach you all ;)

Yes, I have, but again, there are laws and rule limitting how many people you can have in each section. When there are big matches, they don't add attendance in the pits at the bottom. They add attendance in the rafters at the top, mainly because those tickets go for more money.

Even still, at maximum capacity, the ONLY STADIUM in the major European Leagues that seats over 80,000 is Westfalenstadion, now known as the Signal Iduna Park, who ONLY seat that many people in Cup matches and international play, because the seating regulations change. That includes Spain, England, Hollad, France, Italy, and Germany.

If you can show me a stadium that is still standing and in use in Europe that seats over 80,000, I'd love to hear about it, because you would achieve the ALMOST impossible and prove a nation of over 1,000,000 die-hard German Dortmund fans, who take accuracy and precision to extents far beyond you or I do, wrong.

I know there's a few monsters in Asia and in Brazil that seat NEAR that number, and I THINK Korea has one that seats near or above 100,000, but the biggest in Europe at his moment is Westfalenstadion. Most BIG stadiums get into the 70s at max capacity in Europe. I've toured that continent exclusively to see the stadiums. If there was one bigger than Signal Iduna Park, I would have visitted it.

Also, they use computerized ticketting systems so that you can't cheat the system and squeeze 500 extra people in with fake tickets. This is partly to adhere to the capacity laws, mostly for security reasons (Since, in England especially, there are a lot of lunatic football fans), and most importantly for conservation of profits.