duel Monitors

crojon

I'm New Here
i got 2 dvi spots can i run two monitors? plug em both in and theyll work? orr do i need to know some other stuff?

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Plug n play. Only settings you could do are in Windows, which are:

- make both monitors show the same thing (desktop with taskbar and anything else you throw up)

OR

- make one monitor the "home" monitor with the taskbar, and second monitor an extension to the "home" monitor's desktop = meaning you could drag shit from one monitor over to the other one. Cool for watching movies/tv while being able to do shit on your on your desktop.

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
[quote1263534136=DrUgZ]
i personally love watching a good monitor duel! it's fun for the whole family!
[/quote1263534136]
to the death

td|35mm

TD Admin
[quote1263560520=DrUgZ]
i personally love watching a good monitor duel! it's fun for the whole family!
[/quote1263560520]

+1 :D rofl

depends what OS you are running. If you have anything previous Vista, you might have to select an option to extend your desktop on the second monitor.

(Right click on desktop go properties and somewhere in the you should see that option).

LT_Clash

TD Member
i would recomend ultramon its a third party 2 multi display app and its very easy to use and set up only problem is its a pay program. wich isnt a problem

LT_Clash

TD Member
well 1 who said i paid. and 2 windows dual monitor suport is unbelievably awfull, when it comes to setting up your monitors resolutions and getting a descktop background its a nightmear. and ultramon alows you to map keyboard commands to make som things faster. ex i have alt right and left arrows send the window i curently have in focous to the second monitor.

also uim still useing Vista i have heard that 7 has much better multi display suport

DrUgZ

TD Admin
Nvidia drivers make it easy as hell to set it up however you want. I use my monitor as my desktop and if i want to watch a movie i drag it over to the right and it pops up on my plasma TV. whoever said its hard is a noob (^)

td|35mm

TD Admin
[quote1263613620=LT_Clash]
well 1 who said i paid. and 2 windows dual monitor suport is unbelievably awfull, when it comes to setting up your monitors resolutions and getting a descktop background its a nightmear. and ultramon alows you to map keyboard commands to make som things faster. ex i have alt right and left arrows send the window i curently have in focous to the second monitor.

also uim still useing Vista i have heard that 7 has much better multi display suport
[/quote1263613620]

I'm running Vista Ultimate and I didn't had to install anything. It just automatically configured everything for me. It even gives you the option to format each monitor the way you want it.

Is NOT hard at all!

what video card are you using?

if its an nvidia card, dual monitor support is implemented in the nvidia drivers. right click on an empty spot in the desktop, Nvidia Control Panel -> Display ->Set up multiple displays. you most likely want the "DualView" option.

your milage may vary due to differing OS, but the dual monitor support under winxp + nvidia drivers works pretty well.