drum n bass goodness!

damha

A Little Darkly
jungletrain currently has some very spoooky old school jungle drum n bass on now! its halloween in hurr!

$alvador

TD Member
i'm a jungle fiend so i gave it a shot but the compression that i guess is necessary to stream reliably makes it sound so awful.

damha

A Little Darkly
i'm a jungle fiend so i gave it a shot but the compression that i guess is necessary to stream reliably makes it sound so awful.
ah poo really? i find the sound quality alright. got any suggestions where i could find better quality jungle for free?

$alvador

TD Member
Youtube is best for quality with Soundcloud in a close second and people sometimes upload gems to dnbshare.com but it's not really a consistent way to get new tunes. Youtube is definitely the best free source because the promoters and labels use that as the biggest vehicle to push new content out there and make people aware. A lot of great stuff gets overlooked by the main dnb channels because they tend to push what's popular but it's still a great way to get introduced to new artists or old favorites.

Either way it depends on what you listen with. If you've got old decrepit speakers hack-patched to your audio card through 1/8" plug or some shitty Beats by Dre headphones then you're gonna lose some of the audio anyway.

damha

A Little Darkly
Youtube is best for quality with Soundcloud in a close second and people sometimes upload gems to dnbshare.com but it's not really a consistent way to get new tunes. Youtube is definitely the best free source because the promoters and labels use that as the biggest vehicle to push new content out there and make people aware. A lot of great stuff gets overlooked by the main dnb channels because they tend to push what's popular but it's still a great way to get introduced to new artists or old favorites.

Either way it depends on what you listen with. If you've got old decrepit speakers hack-patched to your audio card through 1/8" plug or some shitty Beats by Dre headphones then you're gonna lose some of the audio anyway.
I got a 300W logitech system, z2300 i think... and yeah fuck beats by dre, im using sennheisser hd280pro's!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Oy Oy, another basshead in the mix?!?!?
WELCOME MATE!

Good to see Bassdrive still kicking..
Some others I used to tune into:
www.drumnbass.de (it's Dutch, took me a while to find the stream button, then eventually used my browser to translate)
www.bassdrive.com
www.jungletrain.net
www.drumnbassarena.com
and there were more, but I stopped using them/forget them...

Now I just dig through my crates and convert to CD, or scour youtube for artist-related videos and I find new shit... But mostly, I shop off of DrumnBassArena.com, good shit.

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
Anyone have "Obscene Underground Vol. 1: Tits" from DJ Freaky Flow? It was the shit when I was high school (probably sucks now).

Shotgun Jesus

Professional Cocksucker
Staff member
I've tried finding my copy after I randomly heard my fav track from it the other day. Can't even find online :(

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Ya mon, this is actually a Freaky Flow original remix of Aaliyah... Big Chune!!!

I would try drumnbassarena.com for that shyte... or PlayDeRecord (north-east corner of younge-dundas square, next door to Zanzibar). If they don't have it, they'll be able to order it...

damha

A Little Darkly
Oy Oy, another basshead in the mix?!?!?
WELCOME MATE!

Good to see Bassdrive still kicking..
Some others I used to tune into:
www.drumnbass.de (it's Dutch, took me a while to find the stream button, then eventually used my browser to translate)
www.bassdrive.com
www.jungletrain.net
www.drumnbassarena.com
and there were more, but I stopped using them/forget them...

Now I just dig through my crates and convert to CD, or scour youtube for artist-related videos and I find new shit... But mostly, I shop off of DrumnBassArena.com, good shit.

i got this huge torrent a few weeks ago!

contents: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=19sS2LKB

and thanks for the radios buckshot i added them to my foobar playlist!