Dawg Chewn ear buds!? :(

Oi oi,
So i ordered these fairly expensive new earbuds online. And basically as soon as i get them, i take them to a mates house completely hammered/high (aye, bad idea) and their pooch chews on the right side wire.
Now i'm wondering is there any way to salvage these buds through some Macguyver shit?

The left side works fine, it's just the right side has no sound output. It's been chewn up and the copper is exposed.

HALP please, they cost me a fair amount and I cant take these standard ones anymore. No Bass in my face London!

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Eeeeeeediot! Lol

step 1 : see if you can take apart earbud

step 2 : note which wire connects to what

step 3 : cut both wires out of earbud

step 4 : feed undamaged wire through earbud n tie in knot so they don't come out - leave room to close earbud

step 5 : using your note from earlier step, resolder wires to appropriate connection

step 6 : test them to make sure londons got bass again

step 7 : close earbud n hide them in a safe place

:)

TurboTaco

TD Admin
yea, if u can solder back the frayed wire + wrap it with electrical tape, it should suffice for awhile. Soldering is the shit!

A really mean thing you can do is drip hot solder on someone's hand too

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
headphone wires are fucking hair thin. ive tried to fix many, but the wires are retarded inside. and they dont make such sense, i would think there would be 2 wires, simple as that. but no, there is some kind of string and shit...

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Yup, Candadian Tire
- Solder gun kit ~$20
- Solder (electrical variety, there's also for other shit, but get electrical/wiring kind) ~$5

Enjoy.

yeah, soldering iron is dirt cheap. good luck man, once u see the size of the wires u gonna shit bricks. fucking hair

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
[quote1263274400=47]
yeah, soldering iron is dirt cheap. good luck man, once u see the size of the wires u gonna shit bricks. fucking hair
[/quote1263274400]

lol noob, patience is a virtue. TAKE YOUR TIME, CUT WIRES WITH EXTRA CARE N PRECISION!

[quote1263275909=OG buckshot jr]
[quote1263274400=47]
[/quote1263274400]

lol noob, patience is a virtue. TAKE YOUR TIME, CUT WIRES WITH EXTRA CARE N PRECISION!
[/quote1263275909]
have u ever fixed a headphone wire ? its unreal

iSeize

TD Admin
[quote1263285007=OG buckshot jr]
Yup, Candadian Tire
- Solder gun kit ~$20
- Solder (electrical variety, there's also for other shit, but get electrical/wiring kind) ~$5

Enjoy.
[/quote1263285007]
New earbuds: $24. problem solved

I did it! Took some time and a lot of yelling to the point of haemerroids infestation. But i managed to fix it. Albeit the right side is shorter than the left now so it looks a bit retarded. (didnt want to mess with the left buds).
Cheers for the advice.

* These buds were around 100 bucks, ordered from singapore. So it was worth it.

now BBBAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!! How loww can you gooo?

Narf!

TD Admin
[quote1263307346=Dawg*]
now SPPIIIIIIIIIINNNNYYY!!! How deeeeeeep can you gooo?
[/quote1263307346]

Fixed.

im pwnd too !!! i could never fix headphones !

TurboTaco

TD Admin
[quote1263349407=47]
[/quote1263349407]

47, yelling at your frayed wires and then taking a bong hit won't fix headphones lol

[quote1263354601=TurboTaco]
[quote1263349407=47]
[/quote1263349407]

47, yelling at your frayed wires and then taking a bong hit won't fix headphones lol
[/quote1263354601]
well, i run into trouble with hair thin wires wrapped in STRING !?!? i really have no idea why string is involved in electronics, thats where it fucked me up.