• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

CS:S Skins

Hey guys, I was wondering what site you go to for the best CS:S skins (weapons, player models, etc.)? Is FPS Banana still the leading site to go to or are there better ones...and changing skins is allowed for TD Darkly correct (Granted the skins are the default sizes and parameters)?

Death

TD Admin
I believe you can use weapon skins ... however definitely player skins are blocked as it was determined that it could be an exploit. For example "T"s are bright orange which would give an unfair advantage. The only thing I am not sure of is what happens if you attempt to logon to the game server with player skins loaded. Not sure if it is a ban or just a failed logon attempt. Bottom line best to leave things as they are.

Hawk-Eye

TD Member
hmmm I frogot player skins arent allowed LoL
anyways its not blocked I tried it out yesterday...coz I downloaded a cartoon skin pack where the Ts become joker, spiderman and shit...pretty cool and it worked on the server.

LT_Clash

TD Member
i used to use skins. none of mine were unfair just hires texture relacments for t's and CT's all that happend is they wouldnt load upon joining the server. this was a few months back ive since reinstaled the game and have been too lazy to replace all my skins. so im not sure if anything has been changed

i have some weapon skins on right now at the least.. that's about what i'm only going for though, i also think it's an unfair advantage for other players if we use player skins.. but i think weapon skins should be allowed. but i never asked if you could actually make other people see your weapon skins as well.. can they? or is that toggled by the admins? 'cause that would be kinda boom if other people could see some pretty sick-ass skins and shit :)

68cal

TD Member
nah its only if the players have the skins installed onthier machines. so the only way would be if the server itself had skins on it.