• Guest, we are looking for good Team Fortress 2 Trade Server Staff Members

TF2 Staff Members have access to in-game administrative abilities to aid in server control, and help in the development of Darkly TF2 as a whole

DENIED Cookie Monster Mod App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie Monster

I'm New Here
Game Handles: Cookie Monster
SteamID:STEAM_0:1:25434707
Previous Clan/Community affiliations:wD.
Real First Name:Jared
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on:1-4
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin:I want to be an admin darkly because I spend time on most of the servers. Whenever Im on there either are mic spammers or people talking other each other and there are no admins on as they are all on server number 2. I can handle stress and issues very well with other people. I tend to be a very happy and helpful person and enjoy helping people learn new things and maybe ill learn new things. I have very flexible hours and spend many hours on tf2 trade servers. I find myself keep coming to spend time on the darkly servers due to the friendly enviorment(with the idiots sometimes) and still have fun with everyone.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play?Yes
Do you have a mic?Yes
Are you in good standing with the community?Yes
Are you at least 18 years of age?No

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Hey Cookie Monster! You seem to have a pretty decent application although I'm not too sure on what I'm going to give you as of now. I've seen you in-game a couple of times before on trade_rawr_v1 and on trade_minecraft_b38 and you are very active and seem like a decently nice person. However, I've noticed that you tend to talk over people on the mic when you're advertising to buy/sell items which upsets people and is also annoying to a certain degree. But until recently, I think it was yesterday (forgive me if I'm wrong), I've noticed you beginning to help a little bit on the minecraft trade server when I had alerted Cheese about the constant mic spammers. I've been on other servers with you in the past and I noticed that you tend to ignore situations. I also think you should start to introduce yourself on the forums under the "Hey, I'm New Here!" section which you can find here and become active on the forums...get to know the community, really.

So for now I'm going to +0.5 you because I've seen you talk over people on the mic in the past but I'm positive my rating will change to a higher one soon.

Good luck!

:D

Cookie Monster

I'm New Here
Hey Cookie Monster! You seem to have a pretty decent application although I'm not too sure on what I'm going to give you as of now. I've seen you in-game a couple of times before on trade_rawr_v1 and on trade_minecraft_b38 and you are very active and seem like a decently nice person. However, I've noticed that you tend to talk over people on the mic when you're advertising to buy/sell items which upsets people and is also annoying to a certain degree. But until recently, I think it was yesterday (forgive me if I'm wrong), I've noticed you beginning to help a little bit on the minecraft trade server when I had alerted Cheese about the constant mic spammers. I've been on other servers with you in the past and I noticed that you tend to ignore situations. I also think you should start to introduce yourself on the forums under the "Hey, I'm New Here!" section which you can find here and become active on the forums...get to know the community, really.

So for now I'm going to +0.5 you because I've seen you talk over people on the mic in the past but I'm positive my rating will change to a higher one soon.

Good luck!

:D
Hmm. When I was talking over people on the mic it must of been the ones I had muted. Sorry for the inconvienince.

Matthew

TF2 Staff
I've seen you a couple times, no judgement yet so my vote will stay +0, but last I recall of hearing you, you had a go at me for giving you a suggestion about getting a new mic because yours was all crackly, correct me if I'm wrong but I said something around the lines of "You might need a new mic" and you replied "Well will you buy me one?" I said no and you said something like don't complain then. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I remember, not trying to start anything I'm just saying, attitude adjustments might be needed, but either way good luck!

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
I've seen you on servers every once in awhile. However, it's only cause I see it in the killfeed, and occasionally for trades. A quick look at your chat history gives me the idea that you're a trade robot like Richard Matthias. ;) Work on getting to know the community better, and I'd +1 you.

Stan Radner

DARKLY Regular
Quoting what Matthew said

attitude adjustments might be needed
Attitude is a huge factor. It is known that a lot of people here at Darkly tend to be sarcastic about stuff and joke around but there is a fine line to be drawn. Remember to always stay positive, don't hold any grudges, and help anyone out even if they have been unkind to you in the past.

Cookie Monster

I'm New Here
Indeed.

Tick Tock. I do not understand your issue with me. I tried to apologize after I acted out one day and you decided to ignore me and then deny my friend request so I could not talk to you. If you really are still holding a grudge against me please add me and talk to me about it. I would love to work something out between us so this does not persist.

Cookie Monster

I'm New Here
I've seen you a couple times, no judgement yet so my vote will stay +0, but last I recall of hearing you, you had a go at me for giving you a suggestion about getting a new mic because yours was all crackly, correct me if I'm wrong but I said something around the lines of "You might need a new mic" and you replied "Well will you buy me one?" I said no and you said something like don't complain then. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I remember, not trying to start anything I'm just saying, attitude adjustments might be needed, but either way good luck!

I am sorry that you took it that way. I tend to be sarcastic some times and sometimes it does not sound that way. I have no harsh feelings against you.

Bird Of PrAy

A Little Darkly
I have known Cookie Monster for a few years. He has come a long way in his maturity in the last year and does well dealing with others. He has a good knowledge of the game and trading. Best of all he is a very honest person. He may be a bit inexperienced as a mod, but we all were when we first started and I believe the responsibility of having the job as a mod would bring out the best qaualities in him. He has my total trust as a honest trader and friend I give that to few people. +1

Cheese

DARKLY Regular
+1 Cookie is a really good friend of mine and is very honest. He respect the rules and also helps around. Plus, I would like to say thank you for getting the link for about my ban request.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Tick Tock. I do not understand your issue with me. I tried to apologize after I acted out one day and you decided to ignore me and then deny my friend request so I could not talk to you. If you really are still holding a grudge against me please add me and talk to me about it. I would love to work something out between us so this does not persist.

I don't hold grudges, but I do take note of how people conduct themselves. As for the friend request bit - I get friend requests constantly, I do not accept friend requests unless I know you or ask for it - neither applies here. Nor is there is anything to work out here - you want me to hold you in better regard? Conduct yourself in a fashion that merits it - as for now I will continue to regard you based on what interactions we have had - and based on those interactions, I do not believe you are Moderator material.

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Game Handles: Cookie Monster
SteamID:STEAM_0:1:25434707
Previous Clan/Community affiliations:wD.
Real First Name:Jared
Which DARKLY TF2 servers do you play on:1-4
Why do you want to be a DARKLY TF2 Admin:I want to be an admin darkly because I spend time on most of the servers. Whenever Im on there either are mic spammers or people talking to each other and there are no admins on as they are all on server number 2. I can handle stress and issues very well with other people. I tend to be a very happy and helpful person and enjoy helping people learn new things and maybe ill learn new things. I have very flexible hours and spend many hours on tf2 trade servers. I find myself keep coming to spend time on the darkly servers due to the friendly enviorment(with the idiots sometimes) and still have fun with everyone.

YES/NO Questions:

Do you have a minimum of 1 month on the server with at least 60 hours of play?Yes
Do you have a mic? Yes
Are you in good standing with the community?Yes
Are you at least 18 years of age?No
After giving another look at you report, I found a few things that (if I were you) would try and change. I bolded them. First off: people talking to each other over the mic isn't against the rules- in fact, it's encouraged. However, if it is violating the rules (which I'm sure one of our human automatons have given you) that's a different story.

Secondly, I realize that a lot of people don't act their best a lot in the servers. Give em some time to mature, and often they'll either have left in the long run, or become well known regs. Still, I don't believe they're idiots, most of the time at least. If you want idiots, look at our bans forum.

Lastly, it might just be me, but I get the vibe that you don't have a mic from your standing on people on mics and lack of use on servers. Granted, I don't use mine much except in Darkly events, as it is the crappiest mic ever imo, but if you use your mic a lot you often get better feedback from the community in an app, or so I've noticed. Hope I could be of help, man,

Cookie Monster

I'm New Here
After giving another look at you report, I found a few things that (if I were you) would try and change. I bolded them. First off: people talking to each other over the mic isn't against the rules- in fact, it's encouraged. However, if it is violating the rules (which I'm sure one of our human automatons have given you) that's a different story.

Secondly, I realize that a lot of people don't act their best a lot in the servers. Give em some time to mature, and often they'll either have left in the long run, or become well known regs. Still, I don't believe they're idiots, most of the time at least. If you want idiots, look at our bans forum.

Lastly, it might just be me, but I get the vibe that you don't have a mic from your standing on people on mics and lack of use on servers. Granted, I don't use mine much except in Darkly events, as it is the crappiest mic ever imo, but if you use your mic a lot you often get better feedback from the community in an app, or so I've noticed. Hope I could be of help, man,
OOh. I ment talking over each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.