Competitive?...

Richard Matthias

DARKLY Regular
The trade severs such as plaza and rawr are primarily fixated on traders rather then gameplay, so there may not be a lot of competitive players, UCG snipers etc. A player who has been a long-time regular adjusts with the particular map as well; so it may not always be the case of a player lacking in skill but rather having to re-adjust to auxiliary made maps like skial's or lotus's, and as well as their players.

I haven't been on maps like pl_goldrush in ages, but I go on the occasional pubbing MvM servers now and then.

nb

DARKLY Regular
This is why I play competitive on Trade maps, so I would be ready for anything, such as a Boston Basher Gatherix

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I'm not too sure...
I went on a default Valve server not too long ago cause a friend of mine was opening a bunch of Saxtons on there.

Kept getting complaints about my sniping skills "Jesus I think this guy plays sniper too much" etc etc..

I used to play on a plr_hightower server not too long ago and mained spy on there mostly, was a pretty badass spy most of the time from my point of view...
At the end of the day it really depends on the kinds of players you're playing against.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Rawr is actually a decent map for playing the majority of the classes. Room to rocket jump is nice, so is the room for Scout to run around. It's not very demo friendly outside of the little rooms. Sniping is decent when there are no bodyshotters around.

Plaza is more sniper and engie oriented in my opinion.

And if you're playing Spy on either of these maps, :yaoming: Good luck with that.

Mizz

DARKLY Fiend
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB
PUB

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
Does anybody else find it ridiculously hard to play on competitive servers after being on trade_plaza/rawr for so long?....

No such thing as competitive servers, mate. Here's how it works:

Trade Servers - Kids, try-hards, and dicking around
Valve Servers - Kids, noobs from QuickPlay, and occasional semi-skilled player
Other Pubs - Try-hards, try-hards, try-hards
Lobbies - Semi-skilled players, try-hards
PUG's - Skilled players, semi-skilled players
Comp Servers - N/A, because they're only used for sanctioned comp matches

14bux

Senior TF2 Admin
Didn't know TF2 Center was finally done... is TF2Lobby still alive?

We should make a 6's team and go trolling in the leagues
:trollface:
Last time I checked Lobby, it wouldn't connect me to the server. Idk if it's just a me problem, though.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
we should play 6s or highlander(prob not) on tf2center

Actually, we should plan a Darkly 6's night or something. We can reserve a server and play a game of sort-of-not-really-serious 6v6 with just Darkly people. For real. Who wants to do this?