Coextro Fibre Optic Internet

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
All the fiber isps in the US don't allow server hosting I believe, dunno about Canadian fiber companies

up-n-atom

DARKLY Regular
As in host a server of some sort and use their service? Not sure. Dunno if they care what you do with it? But I canceled my Fibe Internet/TV. With that speed and bandwidth, gonna be streaming all my shit. Kodi FTW. Can't wait. :somuchwin:

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, hosting your own servers, but more importantly your webcam fapping sessions, because watching you from the adjacent condo is getting tedious.

All the fiber isps in the US don't allow server hosting I believe, dunno about Canadian fiber companies

I'm certain with Google Fiber you're allowed to host for self/friends while keeping it personal/not for profit as they came under scrutiny of potentially violating net neutrality rules due to their strong TOS wording.

Last edited:

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I'm certain with Google Fiber you're allowed to host for self/friends while keeping it not for profit as they came under scrutiny of potentially violating net neutrality rules due to their TOS wording.
Meaning only the companies that exist can profit from the net, not anyone else - you know, because those companies own the internet that they didn't create. So much for freedom of internet.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
4402151397.png

:feelsbad:

nb

DARKLY Regular
4402217600.png

I can probably get a better download/upload speed if my sister wasn't watching Boy Meets World.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
This is the first time I've ever been jealous of a paki. Fuck you LB you lucky asshole.

Low Budget

DGN Staff
Staff member
So after a week with Coextro, here's my feedback:

Speed has been limited to 250/250 which is what I pay for so I have no problem with that.

The service has been nothing but outstanding. I am quite impressed with how consistent and reliable it has been so far. I get better ping on our Chicago servers than most people do, even those who live closer to Chicago: my ping has been as low as 5 and as high as 20.
It has worked perfectly for streaming media from various sources, I never have any buffering issues. My downloads now take me almost no time at all. Web pages load instantly. Couldn't be happier, and for the price I'm paying for it, I'm laughing.

There is no modem, the fibre optic cables runs to the switches on every floor of the condominium, and ethernet from the switch to your unit. It plugs in from the wall directly to my Wireless AC router. On my computer in the living room using wifi, I get 120 down and 125 up on 5ghz, and on my desktop which is wired, I get 250/250. The technicians were 10 minutes early and had the service up and running in no time. For anyone who lives in a Condominium in the Mississauga/Toronto/North York area, you can request this service to be offered in your building. They run all the wires and get everything set up at no charge to the corporation which means it doesn't affect your maintenance fees, and they offer free wifi in all building amenities for the residents. It's a no brainer to have these guys in your building and to use their service. It's companies like these that are going to force Bell, Rogers and Telus to start being less greedy and offer more competitive prices.

http://www.coextro.com/order-service.html

Last edited: