• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

car control / race track driving - new season

Fork Included

TD Admin
as some of you know (and participated) i am heavily involved in Ontario's "grassroots motorsports" effort.

Our main goal is to give car enthusiasts an outlet for their speed mania, keeping it off the streets.

However we make sure to guide any new and existing competitors to become better drivers (in fact, you drive with an instructor if you are a newbie until they sign of you off).

As such, we have a number of driver development schools through out the year.

There is one coming up on May 15-16 at Mosport Driver Development Track (DDT)

devtrack.jpg

for 410 dollars you get,

- 2 days of training (class training, track lapping, skid-pad testing, slalom)
- lunch both days, (maybe a dinner on saturday?), morning coffee
- 1 free event (worth 130 dollars, effectively) during this years season.

this is the best value for track racing you will ever get

all you need is a M2000 or SA2000 helmet (Although those are only good for this year, if you get an M2005 or SA2005 those will last you another 6)

and a car thats not falling appart, preferably it would be best that you check your brake pads, check your brake fluid (doing a full flush), and have decent tires (the better your tires, the more fun you can have)

if you have any questions about the school, or if you have any questions about getting into the sport (again, you DO NOT NEED A RACE CAR, just one that is mechanically sound), then contact me.

td|35mm

TD Admin
are you going to be there Fork? or even participate this year?
i don't have tires :( ... or money for the moment lol :D.

td|35mm

TD Admin
what did you do to your car?

I'm pretty much done with mine as well but it kind of left me broken and like I said, I will need tires.

Fork Included

TD Admin
the entire under-side of an 04' STi is going to be in my car (pretty much all of the suspension components)

then for next season i'll probably do coilovers and some weight reduction mods.

Pyroette

TD Admin
lol rc cars are wicked cool. but no im not really into it i dont even know what it is to be frank. i just had an awesome monster truck rc car that could drive down the stairs. it was coooooool.
anyway. id go to youre school i dont have my g2 or cash tho :S

td|35mm

TD Admin
Speaking of Mosport, I think this year i will be going to the school for the big track :). Hope they still have one.

Fork Included

TD Admin
yep, its our "prized" possession.

and the cost, again, is one of the most affordable, mainly because we are not out to make a profit, and our collective administrative team has some good connections with the track owners (so cheaper deals)

td|35mm

TD Admin
Is it OK to come by at the school and just hang out and take pictures? Even if I don't pay for the school? I might come one of the days and have some fun in there just watching :).