can a mouse overheat/die?

Glocky

Drinking your tears
I have a Logitech G500S that's over a year old and still a pretty good mouse. Only thing, the Logitech Gaming Software is a bit wonky. Now that I have a Corsair KB, looking to get a Corsair mouse to consolidate to only one M/KB software.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Since Microsoft stopped making their legendary Intellipoint mice, I've found the Steelseries Sensei RAW, and it's the closest thing to the Microsoft. Amazing mouse, but still scroll-wheel could use more feels as it jogs. Would recommend, cheap too (49.99)

$alvador

TD Member
Never buy Razer, their rep is in the dumpster for a damn good reason. Logitech is solid. I'm on my first Steelseries mouse, a Kinzu V2 "pro edition" whatever the fuck that means. It's lighter and smaller than the Intellimouse so great mouse if you're partial to fingertip grip. I used to love the Logitech G5 but it feels clunky and awkward compared to the Kinzu

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
Keep in mind that the SteelSeries Sensei has acceleration built into the sensor that you can't disable. I used that mouse for over a year before I found out about it. I felt like I my aim wasn't as consistent as I wanted it to be, but I was at a loss as to what exactly was throwing me off. The Logitech G502 Proteus Core apparently has zero acceleration. That's why I got it. I'm very happy with it so far.

DARKLY | Pixar's Ham

DARKLY Regular
are xornet mouses good? cause i have the cm storm
2cpsrqd.jpg

Fork Included

TD Admin
Never buy Razer, their rep is in the dumpster for a damn good reason.

Again, my Deathadder has outlasted my memory, I honestly have no idea how old it is, I think it is one of the originals. In which case I say it had a pretty long life, haha (even though I expected it to live forever).

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Keep in mind that the SteelSeries Sensei has acceleration built into the sensor that you can't disable. I used that mouse for over a year before I found out about it. I felt like I my aim wasn't as consistent as I wanted it to be, but I was at a loss as to what exactly was throwing me off. The Logitech G502 Proteus Core apparently has zero acceleration. That's why I got it. I'm very happy with it so far.
Hence the RAW..

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
That has nothing to do with it. It applies to both versions of the Sensei. The acceleration is in the sensor itself. Just google it.
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/SteelSeries/Sensei_RAW/3.html
article said:
The ADNS-9500 series laser sensor has a very low lift-off distance and only a minor issue with positive acceleration

So what you're paranoid about is that it is not perfectly manufactured, yet it has better sensors than 99% of the garbage things like Razr sell. No sensor is perfect. If they were, we wouldn't have multi-million dollar robots that can barely pour a glass of water after years of programming.

EDIT: Here's another one:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1296278/the-raw-sensei-review
article said:
The sensai is using the Avago 9500 which is a great sensor but still with flaws

It have the HIGHEST perfect control and malfunction speed in any sensor I have tested and it perform consistent high throughout the dpi range of 90-5670, which no optical sensor has managed to match so far. This is one of the benefits of using a laser sensor like the avago 9500, if you for some reason need to use a higher dpi rating

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
So what you're paranoid about is that it is not perfectly manufactured, yet it has better sensors than 99% of the garbage things like Razr sell. No sensor is perfect. If they were, we wouldn't have multi-million dollar robots that can barely pour a glass of water after years of programming.

I think that I've done a pretty good job of not speaking in absolutes. The Sensei definitely served me well, and there are things about it that I like even over the G502 (such as its light weight, for example), but I personally don't want to risk having any acceleration fucking up my aim.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I think that I've done a pretty good job of not speaking in absolutes. The Sensei definitely served me well, and there are things about it that I like even over the G502 (such as its light weight, for example), but I personally don't want to risk having any acceleration fucking up my aim.
Hence why the Sensei's a wicked mouse for it. As per the above tests people performed, it's got one of the best sensors.

$alvador

TD Member
Remember back in the day when joysticks were all the rage and even FPS games had joystick control settings? How far we've come...