• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Burger King buying Tim Hortons

Thanatos

TD Member
Hrm, I wonder if they will continue to operate as separate entities or if BK will start serving Tim's coffee.

Thanatos

TD Member
Odd, you'd think they'd go for the synergy of serving Tim's coffee in BK and then of course the expansion into a global market by doing so.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I dont like BK much, the chips(fries) are always too soft. Maccies chips are nicer.

Buuuut
If they start selling TimHos id have to stop by to try it out at some point

amanshotme

TD Member
Supposedly it was due to BK needing to compete with McD's 'new' venture into coffee and also to enjoy the lower corporate tax rates in Canada. Really interested in seeing what happens if this merger goes through.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
I used to like bk till they switched up their daily king deals scheme to some everyday value picks bullshit. Tim Horton's is alright I'm always impressed by how many locations they got... Its like for every times u see one there's 4 more in the same vacinity.

Slawek

TD Admin
IKR! Man, crazy..

I made the switch to McD for takeout coffee though. I can't stand Tim's now. Especially their stupid cup design. 9/10 times it's spilling in my car or as they are handing it to me.

Hardest job in the world, you know...

Thanatos

TD Member
IKR! Man, crazy..

I made the switch to McD for takeout coffee though. I can't stand Tim's now. Especially their stupid cup design. 9/10 times it's spilling in my car or as they are handing it to me.

Hardest job in the world, you know...

This ^

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
The best way to get yourself unhooked from fast food is to work there. I used to eat McDs as much as I could, because I loved the food. Then I worked there for 4.5 years, until April of last year. I now eat McDonald's about 3 times a month.

I prefer BK because their burgers actually taste consistently good. I prefer McD fries still, as well as chicken nuggets, but for the rest of it, I like BK.

Never been to Tim Hortons (probably because it's a Canadian place and I'm down in the US), so I can't comment on the merger, but if it makes its way down here, I'm up for giving it a shot.

Slawek

TD Admin
The best way to get yourself unhooked from fast food is to work there. I used to eat McDs as much as I could, because I loved the food. Then I worked there for 4.5 years, until April of last year. I now eat McDonald's about 3 times a month.

I prefer BK because their burgers actually taste consistently good. I prefer McD fries still, as well as chicken nuggets, but for the rest of it, I like BK.

Never been to Tim Hortons (probably because it's a Canadian place and I'm down in the US), so I can't comment on the merger, but if it makes its way down here, I'm up for giving it a shot.
They do have locations in the states, not many, but they are there. I tried it a couple times on some skiing trips and it was NOT the same. I don't know why?

Thanatos

TD Member
They're all in the northeast Cmp. Nothing further south then MO and mostly in the NY and surounding states