Bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

☭Balthamous☭

DARKLY Regular
Consider this though, unless you read the forums most people are unaware that using the commands when you aren't a donator is a bad thing. I would suggest the perks are just removed until it can be fixed it makes us look marginally unprofessional, or at least adding a notification of the issues on the MOTD.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Consider this though, unless you read the forums most people are unaware that using the commands when you aren't a donator is a bad thing. I would suggest the perks are just removed until it can be fixed it makes us look marginally unprofessional, or at least adding a notification of the issues on the MOTD.
That's a fair point, but from what I've been told, removing the premium perks altogether until this gets fixed is not the most desirable option, mostly because we don't know how long that could take. Additionally, common sense would suggest that you probably shouldn't have access to NoClip or Slay if you're not a staff member, both of which Dooter used.

It's not a great situation, but it's worse when our regulars abuse the trust we put in them because they want to feel all high and mighty. If they have ideas on how to get this resolved, I'm all ears all day. Please, I'd love for this to be fixed.

☭Balthamous☭

DARKLY Regular
That's a fair point, but from what I've been told, removing the premium perks altogether until this gets fixed is not the most desirable option, mostly because we don't know how long that could take. Additionally, common sense would suggest that you probably shouldn't have access to NoClip or Slay if you're not a staff member, both of which Dooter used.

It's not a great situation, but it's worse when our regulars abuse the trust we put in them because they want to feel all high and mighty. If they have ideas on how to get this resolved, I'm all ears all day. Please, I'd love for this to be fixed.

Not necessarily true I've played a few trade servers that give players access to high tier commands (Even slay I really don't get that one) It has been over a month now since the perms broke down that is an extremely long time for something like this, its not the best solution but it is perhaps the most logical given what people are doing, but as I said before just adding a notification could help a lot.

nb

DARKLY Regular
I know I probably shouldn't be posting here, but I hate to see a fight with no solution, especially if the fight's between my friends.
I have already lost many friends because of this (Though, they are still on my friends list ^^), so I want to try to fix this problem to hopefully get them back.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=952474

Yes, I know the Darkly plugin is custom made by Gatherix.. But, I was thinking maybe this could be a backup for now, until Gatherix can fix the broken plugin.

Also, I notice that it's unapproved, but that's because it's no longer supported. I mean, an unsupported plugin is better than a broken plugin, right?

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Newb, I appreciate your input, but that plugin wouldn't help anything. If you look at the thread, less than half of the features are even completed and the plugin still spews a bunch of errors. So essentially, we'd be replacing one broken plugin with another broken plugin.

I'm sorry you lost friends because of this, I truly am. I doubt Kenny and I will ever see eye to eye again (unless Dooter wasn't truthful with him, which wouldn't be surprising), but that's his choice. However, we need to hold them responsible for their actions and at this point in time, this is the only way to do so. They've lost our ability to trust their word and standing.

When Tick is online, I'll work with him to figure out a way to put out a statement about the situation.

Kenny Shrooms

I'm New Here
My main point was more towards bal's point of view, not restricting to "defending my friends" (i personally dont like nano anyways). I was more concerned with fact that a broken plug was not fixed after a long time and people were being banned for using it after they have donated their currency to this group. Is it all the plugins fault? No, is it all the players fault? No. There is a median to be met here. I do admit i was out of character yesterday to find out that my friends were banned, but im more level headed now. I appreciate cmp's cooperation with myself and i would be willing to stay a part of darkly so long as i could contribute someway to assisting this issue, rather than antagonizing it.

Nanoactive

Designated ScapeGoat
Let's let this die off. I take responsibility fully and have done wrong. Excuse my poor actions I will do better in the future. If I am welcome to come on Darkly after this ban is expired, I will remain to come on. I want no blood.

HappySticks™

TD Admin
So, because you are able to do it makes it right? Since you are able to use these exploits; it makes it right? Since you are able to scam others; it makes it right? Since your able able to spam the chat; it makes it right? The list can go on and on.

You bought Premium, you knew that what you were doing with these 'bonus' commands was wrong, and you chose to do it anyway. How do you think this effects the servers repution? I can understand doing it a couple times, but when you abuse them especially regulars it mentally paints a picture in my mind that you don't give a fuck about Darkly. I am not targeting any one person, but come on.

Please.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
I'm glad this topic has cooled down.

I would like to point out one thing though: it was previously mentioned that the broken plugin has been broken for a long time. We are all aware of that. If it wasn't broken, we wouldn't be discussing it. However, I'm concerned that people are glossing over the fact that during the entire time it has been broken, we have been trying to fix it. This fixing is hard to do when the main TF2 tech is away, as Low Budget pointed out earlier. Tick is doing the best he can right now and he's making great progress.

I agree that there is a median here.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
Don't want to give details that I'm not sure I should share, but in this case, it's is very difficult.

Dan!

DARKLY Regular
If there are so many events occurring due to this one thing, I would suggest to re-structure the idea of the premium donation.

Cmp™

Retired Scrub
You guys are missing the point. It's not a functioning plugin that has bad features. It's a plugin that is malfunctioning, giving people access to things they shouldn't have. The premium plugin, when it works, is fine. The issue is that it just isn't working right now.

You can discuss your ideas for a new plugin elsewhere, but not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.