Bravo maps can be added to mapcycle

Would you like to see these maps added to the pub server?

• Yep!

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fourty7

A Little Darkly
Hey, my friend was asking me if he should buy Bravo and I told him I have no interest due to playing on the crappy valve servers, however he made me realize something... There was a massive client update when Bravo came out...

So I type map de_ in console only to see they're all in the game files already, it's not a separate download. You could easily add these maps to the Darkly GO server by adding these maps to the mapcycle.txt (Or however you load your maps).

de_ali
de_chinatown *a bit small for 32 player?
de_gwalior
de_ruins
de_seaside *this one is terrible
cs_agency
cs_siege

*Not my original content, just for viewing purposes*
http://www.youtube.com/user/g0ldyTV/videos
Here you can find videos for the maps if you're too lazy to open go and type "map de_ali" etc :P.

Most of the maps are very big and would be very suitable for the large playercount of the Darkly Pub. Ruins especially, it's like aztec meets desert atrocity. I haven't played them with people yet (Just realized they were there) but they seem pretty good mostly. Anyways I told town drunk about it but I figured Id post in here just to ensure the names of them. If you decide to put them on get town to spam me haha, would be nice to see them in action!

Last but not least, being a mapper and seeing that valve is giving (some of a percentage of) money to community mappers is nice, however, they forced this content on us without asking us.. so if it's on our hard drives by force, and the only way you can play them by paying for them is on the valve casual servers... wtf? I'm sorry but, bad judgement on their part. If you give me something that I didn't ask for and didn't pay for and I realize it's there, I'm sorry, but I'm going to use it... especially if I can't just delete it.

Gunblade

TD Admin
de_ruins
de_cache

these maps are good i think they should be added but we should have like a scrim on em so you guys know how they are

everyth1ng

DARKLY Regular
de_ruins is pretty good imo
I don't really have an opinion on Ruins yet, as I haven't played it enough. It certainly looks a lot more interesting from a gameplay perspective compared to something like Chinatown, though.

I also need to play Siege more to form an opinion. I played it a bit during the CS 1.5/1.6 days, but it's not fresh in my mind.