• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

REVISED Ban Appeal: Throwing Decoys At Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianBLT

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: Canadian BLT
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:6923214
Game: CS:GO
Server: Toronto Darkly | NO AWP/AUTO + FF ON | darkly.ca
Ban Reason: throwing decoys at round start/not listening to admins (not intentionally)

State your case:
Hi all. I've been an on and off player on Darkly since way back with CS:S. I naturally upgraded once CS:GO was released. Always loved the server since I'm a Toronto native and the players are great. It's a great public server with experienced players and has provided me with hours of enjoyment. I won't sit here and sugar coat you all, I know why I was banned, but when I checked and saw it was permanent, I thought that was more than a little harsh/over the top. I'm not the most experienced player by far, but I definitely pull my weight, having my fair share of good days and bad.

I was banned for throwing decoy grenades at teammates at the beginning of rounds, proclaiming they were "love taps." Now yes, throwing a decoy or any grenade at a teammate does cause team damage and is therefore a definition of friendly fire, but in all honesty, I only ever did this at the start of rounds and it causes 1 damage. That's kind of where I'm pleading my case. It wasn't like I was shooting teammates in the head at round start and causing massive team damage and therefore losses. I really think it can be argued what I was doing wasn't effecting whether or not a team lost a round. So in that sense, receiving a permanent ban for my actions is a little harsh in my mind. I wasn't hacking, I wasn't gunning down teammates on purpose and I was never racially disrespectful to other players. Hell, I think even some of Darkly members knew of me and didn't mind me.

I'm being 100% honest when I say this: I simply did not see the warnings telling me to stop what I was doing at round start. It's a lame excuse I know, but my argument is that was I was doing may have been a nuisance, but it wasn't round breaking. I can understand a temporary ban, and if it comes to that, than by all means, but please consider lifting the permanent. This is one of my three servers on my favourites and always my number one go to choice. I'll wait ages just to get a spot because I know how popular it is. Anyways take that into consideration. I'm obviously willing to change and stop what I was doing if I'm given another chance. Hands down.

Thanks!

Rams

TD Admin
zackychuu he is offline right now, It wouldn't have been a perm but to much shit going on CSGO. I was on also. Zacky gave multiple warnings.

CanadianBLT

I'm New Here
zackychuu he is offline right now, It wouldn't have been a perm but to much shit going on CSGO. I was on also.

I understand Rams. Do I just wait around and see what he says? I'll obviously stop, I mean some of the Darkly guys know me since I've been around for a while. I'm not on every day, but I come back to this server all the time and I'm not there just to cause shit. If I had been paying better attention I would have stopped immediately. Hand to god I'll stop.

Rams

TD Admin
I understand Rams. Do I just wait around and see what he says? I'll obviously stop, I mean some of the Darkly guys know me since I've been around for a while. I'm not on every day, but I come back to this server all the time and I'm not there just to cause shit. If I had been paying better attention I would have stopped immediately. Hand to god I'll stop.
ye wait.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
CanadianBLT
I just unbanned you, seeing as how I know myself that you've been here forever, and you sound sincere. However, this is still Zacky's call (although I wouldn't advise a perm-ban) so don't be too pissed if he re-bans you for a day, maybe.

Moral of the story - if you know you're trolling, watch out for us, because we will be msg'ing you/speaking to you, and then the swift pimp-hand hits before you know it... lol

Please, be cool, no more spawn-trolling, and we may consider it water under the bridge.

Please do not do this shit again. Pissing off our players will result in you being permed, straight up. 31 happy people vs you being pissed = a very easy decision. Please consider this next time you're tempted by your OCD decoy bullshit.

Thanks.

CanadianBLT

I'm New Here
Oh my god, I know it's Zacky's call, but thank you buckshot, I love you. I swear to god, it's over. No more OCD decoy bullshit. I can express my love for you all without my "love taps."

In all seriousness though, I really do appreciate it. I literally would stop playing this game if I couldn't join this server. Thanks again so much, I'll behave!

Delta

TD Admin
You're not the first to be banned for this. Just try and be aware when an admin has something to say :excellent:
In my mind its nothing serious. You're a regular so you should already know the rules hehe.
Water under the bridge, game on.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
You received a first warning for team attacking, of which you seemed to do every round start.
Now, you say that these are just "love taps" and "only gives 1 damage". But when people are complaining about it, 1 hp or not, that is when it becomes a problem.

A little while after your first warning, you started spamming the radio chat during a round, making it difficult to hear enemies moving around.
Now, while your first infraction was not round hindering, this was.
Once you started to do this, it was clear, in my mind, that you were out to troll.
I believe my second warning to you was "CanadianBLT, stop spamming Radio chat. One more warning and it's a ban."
I know for certain that you saw this warning, because you typed in chat "me?"

Now, I thought you would stop, but even a minute or so after this second warning you were team attacking again at round start.
So, I gave you your ban.

The Perm was to get your attention in the hopes that you would appeal if you were serious about playing on the servers.
We get so much shit caused on the servers that this is the best way to find the shit stirrers and the genuine players.
This system was actually thought up by OG buckshot jr not too long ago and I decided to enforce it too.

I see that you were unbanned, but the amount of trolling caused is still bannable, and your ban length wasn't long enough in my opinion.
I'm giving you a full day off, and you can return after that time period.
While you're gone, please have a serious re-think about your "love taps" and radio chat spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.