• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

REVISED ban apeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapn knuckles

I'm New Here
barama oback
steam ID: STEAM_0:1:83866260
Game: Team Fortress 2
Server: darkly trade/idle #4
Ban Reason: i said a bad word
State my Case: Hi i am a black male named Michael, last night around 1-2 in the morning
i was playing on darkly #4 with my friend who for all purposes i shall keep his name and information
disclosed. about 1:30 a bisexual couple join the server and we were playing the game fairly and ended
up dominating them. they kept calling us "cunts, fags, and douches." he was also calling us minor names
such as scrub and idiot. they kept calling us out for using the beggar's bazooka and the force-a-nature, saying we need
to use less "nooby" weapons. to which i responded
"nigger, i can use other weapons."

now i being a black man my self, my friend as well really didn't see anything wrong with this as it may not be the
colloquial "nigga" i uised it in then same manor, as something like "yo/hey man, i can use other weapons."
of course i could see the problem with using a hard "r" for conjugation, however i don't think these 4 people should
have taken as much offense as they did since they were speaking on the mic, and where clearly white.
i understand the word i used was vulgar in terms, but i do think i should be un-banned as it was not in a violent
/racist manor; as again I myself am a black male. i can promise an make sure that it won't happen again. Also i saw
that my other steam account has been banned for no reason. I'm assuming that it is linked with my account, but i
would also like the ban to be repealed on that account as well
-thank you
kap'n Knuckles (formerly: barrama oback)
p.s. it censored the N word to leroy

Leroy

2012 Troll of the Year
Just my two cents. I appreciate the honesty. We do "censor" and I use that word sparingly, the N word for Leroy, because I am also black, and my first name is Leroy. It's been a running joke in TD for many years now that we change the N word to Leroy, as I don't feel comfortable with it's rampant usage, and we try to create a fair place for all to play.

Anyways, I'm sure the admin or whoever banned you will be joining shortly.

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Shotgun Jesus pls move.

Thank you for coming to appeal your ban.
I want to first take this time to let you know that your ban wasn't based solely on one situation.
You were recently reported for the situation you described, and I decided to look through your chat logs. In doing this, I saw other occasions where you were being Racist or just generally offensive.
Basically, you weren't just banned for one single use of the N word.

Now, the permanent ban was purely to get your attention, and it worked.
Your attitude is not the kind we want playing here and you need to work on it in order to be able to play here again.

I will reduce your ban to 2 Months.
Please make sure to work on your attitude and play nice with other community members.

In regards to the situation as you are describing it in your ban appeal, if you wish to report this couple that you claim were being offensive...
Make a report here: http://darklygaming.com/forum/forums/scammer-reports-ban-requests.123/
You can use our stats pages to find their chat logs if you remember their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.