• Please remember to wrap not safe for work text/images in [NSFW][/NSFW] tags.
    Example: [NSFW][img]http://darklygaming.com/images/spinnysgapedass.jpg[/img][/NSFW]

Bad news for me

DoubleJumper

TF2 Staff
well id just like to let everyone know that i wont be able to get on the server for maybe a week or two..

the battery for my laptop is now dead and im still waiting for the replacement to be shipped to me... ill try to stay active on the forums as much as possible...

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
Aren't you able to just leave the power cable plugged in and run your laptop through that without a battery?
My does that cause the battery gets too hot for his legs some times.

In either case, hope you get your battery soon!

DoubleJumper

TF2 Staff
Aren't you able to just leave the power cable plugged in and run your laptop through that without a battery?
My does that cause the battery gets too hot for his legs some times.

In either case, hope you get your battery soon!

i was advised not to do that because it could be bad for the computer... and im not sure if the power that i would get from the charger would be enough to support the computer without it having to shut down automatically... but... who knows XD

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Any time you find yourself in one place you know you're going to be for a while, remove the battery and just use the A/C Adapter. This will greatly extend the life of your battery, and will do no damage whatsoever to your laptop. This is highly recommended, and you'll notice a lot less heat as well.

Cock

Cockilicious
Staff member
What BJ said,

Just make sure you don't yank the power cord out by accident and you're fine.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
I use my battery like a surge protector ... well more like power-out protector, so at least my windows won't be corrupted when power goes out in the house.

I had a dell laptop like two years ago that had a dead battery I used just the charger as the power source and got no problems. Heck it still works I just don't use it because I have a much better laptop I can use