$500 Budget

radik

TD Member
There's a problem though, I don't plan to OC or overkill anything, I'd prefer to have it sit there and go when I command it to. I don't like to tinker with it, or let anyone that I don't know or trust to mess with it either. I stick to the OEM's specifics. I'm bat-shit stupid when it comes to overclocking or upgrading.
I didn't pick those parts because they overclock well, I picked them because they are quality components for the price. This assures that it will sit there and go when you command it to. I always assume that the user doesn't want to OC when I do builds unless they ask for it. The CPU's I recommended suggest this due to having OC unfriendly locked multipliers, this saves you cost.

Watch this to learn how to build a PC. You don't have to tinker, it's just building Lego.

It's not that important, but I plan to share it with someone, who can be trusted, and he'd like to play Crysis at some-point in his life. Owned the game for about 3 years now, has yet to play it.
The $500 build will play Crysis just fine, at high setting most likely. Crysis isn't a valid benchmark anymore, being a 6 year old game and all. This build should play most modern games at 1920x1080 at 30fps. 650ti is no slouch.

Thanks for looking, bookmarking, but I'll have to put it aside for now, I need to figure out what the fuck I am actually going to end up ordering...so many bleeding options...and the shipping, is murder.
Do you ever go to Vancouver? You could go to any NCIX location to pick up your parts to eliminate shipping. I don't know of any good retailers on the island.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
Before you posted, did you look at our Darkly PC Building and Parts Resource guide stickied in this section? If not, the link is in my signature.

Two links within the guide need your immediate attention, in addition to the helpful advice you have received from the fellows here:
1) http://www.logicalincrements.com/ (formerly Falcon Guide) (minimum, entry or modest)
2) http://www.hardware-revolution.com/budget-gaming-pcs-v3-6/ (Tier 1 or Tier 2)

Look at the specs of the systems for about $500. Use PC Part Picker to find the best deals for the stores you have access to and price match.

From Hardware Revolution said:
Tier 1 (Identified by a Green color): $462

Great entry-level gaming machine, perfect for gaming at a 1680 x 1050 or 720p resolution. 1920 x 1080 should be playable too, although with lower graphic settings.
Tier 2 (Identified by an Orange color): $569

This Tier can handle most games at high/maximum settings at 1920 x 1080/1080p.
So with price matching, you may get this under $500.

The two sites take difference approaches on how to spend to approximately $500, so it should give you ideas.

Before you posted, did you look at our Darkly PC Building and Parts Resource guide stickied in this section? If not, the link is in my signature.

Two links within the guide need your immediate attention, in addition to the helpful advice you have received from the fellows here:
1) http://www.logicalincrements.com/ (formerly Falcon Guide) (minimum, entry or modest)
2) http://www.hardware-revolution.com/budget-gaming-pcs-v3-6/ (Tier 1 or Tier 2)

Look at the specs of the systems for about $500. Use PC Part Picker to find the best deals for the stores you have access to and price match.

So with price matching, you may get this under $500.

The two sites take difference approaches on how to spend to approximately $500, so it should give you ideas.
I looked at your guide. This is what happened.

BPGFaih.gif

I think I found some parts, I'll post what I have sometime this week when I'm not dying from being overworked. All work and no play makes me a dull boy.

$alvador

TD Member
Wait, WTF is wrong with LG? IME they make some of the best electronics because they nail the functionality without too much added gimmickry. If you're willing to buy a Samsung you might as well get an LG and save a few bucks, it's literally the same bunch of Korean garbage. Heck, my last monitor was a Samsung and a cap blew, took it apart and sure enough they were using the cheapest fucking parts you can find on the Chinese market. The only reason Samsung has any prestige is because they had the capital to invest more in R&D and take over the smartphone market, but for everything else you're better off saving a few bucks getting LG.

archoNNN

DARKLY Regular
LG is not that bad, had a 17inch monitor for 8 years before moving to a Samsung, but the color was great =)

I've made up my mind to instead build my own...but money is still tight. I'll have to wait until I find another solution.

Maybe rob a bank, like old school people did? :fuckthis: