$500 Budget

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Build it and you will save more money, and you can usually find parts with free shipping. $500 can get you a nice rig. Assuming it doesn't include spending $150 on a monitor.

Maybe look into getting a shit monitor on the cheap via craigslist for a while.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
Both those PC's have all the money in the wrong places.

First one doesn't even have a graphics card.

Well, good thing I talked myself and a family member out of considering either of them. :sip:
Code:
Type: Integrated
Installed: AMD Radeon HD 3000

:sofunny:
I noticed that too, I was...seriously...you know you'll have to buy another Video Card later right? :laughhard:

Build it and you will save more money, and you can usually find parts with free shipping. $500 can get you a nice rig. Assuming it doesn't include spending $150 on a monitor.

Maybe look into getting a shit monitor on the cheap via craigslist for a while.
If it can view Counter-Strike Condition Zero at full graphics, then a cheap, what do they run at now, $60, $90? Is good enough as it is.

I take it all pre-builts are shit?

thats gonan be a welfare rig. y dont u build a sick rig for 1000?
Because I don't have $1000. Unless you want to loan me $1000, which will probably take me half the year to pay you back.....

I don't need the 'top of the line', just something that can run at the minimum, since it's 'the benchmark', COD:BO 2 or Crysis 1 at the minimum of 30 FPS.

Gatherix

Death by Darkly
I'd be happy to start loan sharking. It's not too hard to find where you live, anyway.

How much? $1000?

zackychuu

TD Admin / Wanker
I built my original PC for around £300ish, I have since upgraded a few parts setting me to around £400ish.
MY PC isn't the best in the world, but I run things a darn sight better than a lot of people, and that's fine with me.
There's no need to buy pre-built aids...

I'd be happy to start loan sharking. It's not too hard to find where you live, anyway.

How much? $1000?
Whoa...Gatherix? When did you join the Mafia?

I probably wouldn't even need that much, I found a nice configuration for under 1K, the shipping is the problem. ;_;
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/SuXu

That's about as good as you will get for a sub $500 PC. It will handle the games you listed just fine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Sv1x
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Sv4C

For reference, what a $750 and $1000 budget will get you respectively.
:megusta:

Hmm, I could 'tweak' that configuration and get something a little bit...stronger...thanks!
I built my original PC for around £300ish, I have since upgraded a few parts setting me to around £400ish.
MY PC isn't the best in the world, but I run things a darn sight better than a lot of people, and that's fine with me.
There's no need to buy pre-built aids...
:why:

$alvador

TD Member
I like radik's selection but I'm biased because I have that mobo. In terms of value it's the best mobo I've ever owned; OCs nicely and lots of space around the PCIE ports to accomodate any length of card without interference. I bought the board when it was first released and have been impressed with how quickly ASRock addressed minor UEFI issues with quality updates.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
I agree with Radik and Sal. For the money and with those components, you'll be ready to rock all kinds of Source games. I'm not sure about Crysis, but again, you can always lower the resolution by a notch or two and you'll be running smoove.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
Jakk - kijiji/craigslist your monitor. At least for this year, go with anything that's HD. Save your loot on that, and spend more on the PC. Just sayin...

EDIT: didn't find much on kijiji for Victoria. Mind you, if you're ok with an 18" (most likely not HD) or looking outside of Victoria, you might find some shit.

Found this on MemoryExpress (Which I think is BC-based, quick shipping): $110
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39460

I like radik's selection but I'm biased because I have that mobo. In terms of value it's the best mobo I've ever owned; OCs nicely and lots of space around the PCIE ports to accomodate any length of card without interference. I bought the board when it was first released and have been impressed with how quickly ASRock addressed minor UEFI issues with quality updates.
There's a problem though, I don't plan to OC or overkill anything, I'd prefer to have it sit there and go when I command it to. I don't like to tinker with it, or let anyone that I don't know or trust to mess with it either. I stick to the OEM's specifics. I'm bat-shit stupid when it comes to overclocking or upgrading.
this thread is depressing. $500 computer says: "plz kill me"
:bitchpleasespy: :bitchpleasespy::bitchpleasespy:

I agree with Radik and Sal. For the money and with those components, you'll be ready to rock all kinds of Source games. I'm not sure about Crysis, but again, you can always lower the resolution by a notch or two and you'll be running smoove.
It's not that important, but I plan to share it with someone, who can be trusted, and he'd like to play Crysis at some-point in his life. Owned the game for about 3 years now, has yet to play it.
Jakk - kijiji/craigslist your monitor. At least for this year, go with anything that's HD. Save your loot on that, and spend more on the PC. Just sayin...

EDIT: didn't find much on kijiji for Victoria. Mind you, if you're ok with an 18" (most likely not HD) or looking outside of Victoria, you might find some shit.

Found this on MemoryExpress (Which I think is BC-based, quick shipping): $110
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX39460
LG? LG!?!? :slap:

Thanks for looking, bookmarking, but I'll have to put it aside for now, I need to figure out what the fuck I am actually going to end up ordering...so many bleeding options...and the shipping, is murder.