47: need help with new computer !!!

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
[quote1273464761=Nick P!]
make sure your case is large enough
[/quote1273464761]
haf 932 , i really dont know where im gonan put this fucking thing.. its got fucking wheels, WHEELS MAN!!!

skd_mrk

TD Admin
fyi you can pickup a i7-930 for $199 at Microcenter in the states. If you don't already have the chip let me know I can swing by and pick you one up and mail it.

dead mike

TD Member, Legend, Puncher of Faces, Chatbox King
skd mark thats fuckin bananas, someone should start a smuggling ring to avoid taxes and shit, one can make obscene profits with prices like that so long as there is sales to go with

skd_mrk

TD Admin
What are the rules on shipping a small package to Canada? Does there have to be a value declaration? Could I just throw it in a large box full of packing peanuts and call it a book? Takes a slight risk of the package being stolen etc, but the upside pretty large in this instance.

The one bad think is there's a 6.5% sales tax associated with my buying at Microcenter due to their having a brick and mortar store in the state. Newegg and Amazon = no tax.

dead mike

the key is to use USPS or Canadapost, they dont appear to check anything, if anything say the proc is a return of defective good or something, no value.

we have %13 tax here (%5 gst/ 8 pst)

GST is supposed to go on anything over $20, $40 if its a gift

skd_mrk

TD Admin
Okay well if anyone wants to give it a shot let me know. More than willing to help out long as it doesn't end up taking me more than 30min to accomplish.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1273521707=dead mike]
i dunno like 60 bucks
[/quote1273521707]

you're 60 dollars to high =)

we don't pay taxes on internet goods

amurica, FUCK YA!

dead mike

enjoy ure recession and broke country :)

that said if you guys ever get invaded, don't worry canada's got your back

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
[quote1273523759=dead mike]
enjoy ure recession and broke country :)

that said if you guys ever get invaded, don't worry canada's got your back
[/quote1273523759]

I am enjoying the recession.. all these businesses who are hurting are trying to bring in revenue by having crazy sales. Its the perfect time to be in college student too

Cooler Master 930 = $80
x2 - 4850's = $160
850w corsair psu w/ 5 year warrenty = $95 after instant savings and $20 rebate

feels good, man.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
@ $tve, truuuuuuuuuuu that, recession away, let a bruva save some loot! lol

@ Dead mike, it's true, we'd rescue the US of A - they're the only thing from preventing US from getting merked ourselves lol

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
ohhh no !!! i already installed mine :( i wish u posted this 24 hrs ago. big thx anyways man !