• Guest, if you wish to appeal your ban, please read these threads first:

READ ME DARKLY Ban Appeal Template + READ ME DARKLY Server Rules

Guest, Ban Appeal threads are for the player appealing and the banning Admin to respond to. All other posts will be removed at the Moderator's discretion.

UNDER REVIEW Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny________4W

I'm New Here
Name When Banned: Danny_____4W
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:112615952
Game: Tf2
Server: Darkly tornonto trading server #2
Ban Reason: Hacking

State your case: So i was being friendly as a soldier one day on the server when some people on the other team started killing me as snipers, so I was annoyed so i began playing sniper as well. I believe tick was one of the snipers playing on the other team, and i'm not sure why but after killing him a few times, i suddenly got a ban notice. Anyone playing on that server would know that i am not a cheater so i am not sure if Tick got mad that he was getting killed too much or something. It would be greatly appreciated if i was unbanned considering i have never cheated in my life. Thanks.

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
Hello @Danny________4W,
Your current ban is for 3 days. The staff member who banned you has a reason to believe that you have been hacking on our servers and has 3 days to provide evidence to extend your ban permanently. If this does not happen, you are free to come back onto the servers.
Unfortunately as per policy there isn't anyway you can be unbanned before your ban expires, unless the report made is denied due to lack of permissible evidence.

this person was in battle with tick tock and ater speckin at tick's request I believe he was aimbotting, and tick tock requested that I ban him

FEAR THE ELDERLY

Rei

Senior TF2 Admin
this person was in battle with tick tock and ater speckin at tick's request I believe he was aimbotting, and tick tock requested that I ban him

FEAR THE ELDERLY
Video evidence or a demo of the player needs to be provided to extend a hacking ban permanently. This is not the place to be debating whether the 3 day ban was warranted, but what should be assumed at the time of the temporary ban is that you as a staff member can provide enough evidence to file and justify a permanent ban for when the offender chooses to appeal - which no report has been filed in this situation. The temporary ban - if I recall correctly - is supposed to be used purely for processing reasons. We can't bind someone to more than a three day ban if no concrete evidence has been presented. And albeit I trust your judgement, the offender has the right to see the evidence presented against them should appeal after the hacking ban has been instated. It's futile to defend something that is already justified in your position, so right now before the ban expires you need to present evidence in the form of a ban report, showing that the offender indeed was hacking, or he's free to join back.

Tick Tock Man

Senior TF2 Admin
Staff member
Anyone playing on that server would know that i am not a cheater so i am not sure if Tick got mad that he was getting killed too much or something.

Obviously not everyone playing on that server came to the same conclusion, else we wouldn't be having this conversation. I noticed a suspicious pattern in your sudden increase in skill level, and popping off rapid instant headshots consistently while on fire - so I asked Fear to spec you. I am not sure sure if Fear recorded a demo while speccing you - if not then this temp ban will expire and you will be able to rejoin the server. If he did record a demo then I would feel perfectly comfortable processing this to a perm.

As for "getting killed too much" - lol. I hold numerous server games where the object of the game is to kill me, the only thing I get angry about is people who will not follow the rules or hack - I have little patience for either.

Reactions: Rei
Status
Not open for further replies.