Official - Post Your Gaming Setup / Rig

PIlz-E

I'm New Here
Um Quad core 4.3Ghz, 16Gb of ram DDR3, 100Gb HD, 4Gb DDR5 Gfx card
GeForce_GTX_670_3qtr-1.jpg

$alvador

TD Member
yeah the asus cards are great performers but the directCU heatsink is just such a trashy piece. i really like heatsinks using the centrifugal fan, even though it moves less air through the sink than an axial fan at least it directs the exhaust out of the case instead of blowing it around inside it.

Glocky

Drinking your tears
yeah the asus cards are great performers but the directCU heatsink is just such a trashy piece. i really like heatsinks using the centrifugal fan, even though it moves less air through the sink than an axial fan at least it directs the exhaust out of the case instead of blowing it around inside it.
I know what you mean though for my setup it really isn't a problem. The Air 540 has sufficient airflow to deal with it.

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Bear with me, getting all the details and photos embedded is gonna take me a while.
MOBO: I completely forget but I know it's a GIGABYTE. QQ

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM Corsair DDR3. 2 x 8 GIG sticks. Fire engine Red. When and if required, I'll aug it up to 32, but I really don't see the point ATM.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Manufacturer: NVIDIA (GIGABYTE)
Chip type: GeForce GTX 760
Display Memory: 4038 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Pic below. I dunno how the funk it fit into my case, but it did.

GPU_zps26922d47.jpg

Display Device

TV_zpsd899da52.jpg

46" HD Samsung TV. E Peen +5 (TV on the side is an ancient Sony Trinitron 32" that weighs about 200 lbs so I can watch TV / Sports while I game / surf. #Win I can set it up as a secondary display device if I want, but I don't want. I have a Samsung 23" Monitor as well, but I'm probably gonna sell that to a bro when he builds a desktop in the new year. Once you go to an HD TV as your primary display device, you can't go back.)

Sound

Description: Speakers (VIA High Definition Audio) (Current, since my X-FI card seems to be retarded.)
Description: SAMSUNG-3 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) (If I want to run sound through my TV. Pffft)
Description: Digital Audio Interface (SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio) <--- used to work, but required too much Troubleshooting and maintenance to keep it from sounding like shit if working at all.

This is where my next upgrade will take place, as the VIA is OK, but doesn't have the clarity / definition that the X FI did... when it was working properly, which was half past never.

Speakers: 5.1 Surround system system w/ subwoofer running through a Yamaha RX-V450 AV Receiver

2 BOSE front speakers to replace the little girlie satellites Yamahas that match the receiver, for when I want my neighbours to hate me even more than they already do.

Headset: Some Labtec Piece of Shit I got from Bell Canada when I worked for them during a training session. Thanks Bell! :D

Hard Drives: Primary is a 120 GB Intel SSDC2CW 120A3. Primary Slave is a 1 TB Seagate; ST3 1000524AS
Planned upgrade: Second 2 TB Seagate to hold the ludicrous amount of Steam games I own and as a slave to store raw FRAPS input data for making Youtube videos.

I anticipate that, between now and Christmas, I will head out to the PC Shop to grab the second slave HD and a sound blaster to put the Surround Sound system to proper use as well as to assist in production / editing of various Let's Play / You Tube projects that I occupy myself with in between contracts. (I am a government contractor and we are not currently allowed to work for more than 48 weeks out of any calendar year, assuming we win contracts that max out our tenure.)

I have a Razer Salmosa Gaming mouse, but I rarely use it because when I am chained down by cables, I have to be so close to the 46" Samsung TV that it melts my eyeballs and my brains along with it. I am content to use my welfare Dynex wireless Mouse / Keyboard in the interim so I can surf/game from my desk, my couch, my chair or the floor, depending on my mood and my level of (dis)comfort.

Fap away, boys.
EDIT: Oh, and despite all this, I couldn't buy a kill in CS to save my balls. FML

Ghett0

DARKLY Regular
Ghett0 Your desktop is a goddamned mess..
ya, no shit. That's my... 50 or so favorite games in the big mess on the left. This is what happens when you have nearly 200 steam games. I keep cleaning it up, but then I buy a bunch of other junk on sale and the old junk is replaced with new junk. It is what it is.

Oh, and that was before I started taking screenies of my favorite games and turning them into a slide-show background. My Desktop is a real cluster-funk disaster now.

Hinouchi

TD Admin
New build for my bro~

My bro wanted a new com, his current one is like 7 years old, His original budget was $500 tax in, so that's like $450. Which I'm so freaking sure he'll get a shit ass prebuild that won't last more than a year or so, and he won't beable to do much on it down the road either.

Instead of wasting his money like that, I decided to help him build one. I told him to throw $150 more in it on a com for a way better spec com, and I will also give him my 27" LED monitor. So this is what I came up with. Even tho he's not a gamer, I just can't pass on the deal for the GTX 660TI XD.

Bitfenix Prodigy MITX (I freaking though this was a MATX case, turns out it's MITX~ Well they do have a MATX version but it cost half more.)
Intel i5 4670
Antec Kuhler H20 620 cpu cooler
Gigabyte H87N-WIFI
Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 Dual channel
Asus GTX 660 TI DirectCU II OC
Kingston V100 128GB SSD
Antec Earthwatts 500w
Acer H274HL 27" LED monitor

Total comes to $639
Had this Coolermaster fan laying around, putting it into good use, 120mm to 200mm :D 47 Steve recognize the fan? :P
2013-12-28

2013-12-28

MITX is a BITCH to work with, NEVER AGAIN!!! XD

x0u3x2.jpg

TADA~
2013-12-28

Slawek

TD Admin
Here's a video showing the boot up time on my PC:

I built this PC around Black Friday in 2012.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
System Drive: Intel 330 180gb SSD
Storage Drive: WD Black 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb
DVD Burner: ASUS DRW-24B1ST
Power Supply: Corsair HX750
CPU Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi
Keyboard: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G500