• Guest, This Forum is Strictly Moderated!

Please read the rules before participating in this forum: READ ME Serious F'n Business - Forum / Moderation Rules

If you do not agree with the rules of this forum, and do not plan to abide by them, then do not participate. Threads or posts that do not belong in this forum will be moved, edited, or deleted at the discretion of the Moderators. Repeated failure to follow the rules will result in banishment from the Serious F'n Business forum.

Be good to each other.

Wealth distribution in America

Fork Included

TD Admin
I guess your 2% parents didn't teach you anything about wealth management.

Having cash reserves is irrelevant. What matters most is your ability to borrow money on the promise that you will return with interest.

so yes, corporations can print money, the process is called taking out a loan.

RIM got to stay afloat for awhile longer than anyone else would, sure, but that has nothing to do with our discussion of wealth distribution.

Xilorator

Blackpulse Admin
I guess your 2% parents didn't teach you anything about wealth management.

Having cash reserves is irrelevant. What matters most is your ability to borrow money on the promise that you will return with interest.

so yes, corporations can print money, the process is called taking out a loan.

RIM got to stay afloat for awhile longer than anyone else would, sure, but that has nothing to do with our discussion of wealth distribution.
Having cash reserves is irrelevant?? Wow.

Fork Included

TD Admin
Having cash reserves is irrelevant?? Wow.

Yes, physical cash reserves are irrelevant if you can loan from a bank 10 times that amount by having a good rating and a solid business plan.

Cash is only good when you're starting out, cuz no one trusts you or would lend you money. Once you're pimping you don't need money.

The rather small company that I work for, can operate for an entire year with almost nothing the bank account, because it's constant money in money out, you take a loan there you repay it back once a client pays, this process is ongoing, we never need actual cash.

Multi-national corporations work on loans in the BILLIONS, with pay-back terms reaching multiple years.

Xilorator

Blackpulse Admin
Yes, physical cash reserves are irrelevant if you can loan from a bank 10 times that amount by having a good rating and a solid business plan.

Cash is only good when you're starting out, cuz no one trusts you or would lend you money. Once you're pimping you don't need money.

The rather small company that I work for, can operate for an entire year with almost nothing the bank account, because it's constant money in money out, you take a loan there you repay it back once a client pays, this process is ongoing, we never need actual cash.
That only works if the companies income is stable, otherwise industries that fluctuate rapidly can't afford to do that.

Fork Included

TD Admin
Elizabeth Warren sums up the problem of the last 20 years perfectly in a simple, one hour lecture.

If what she says doesn't register with you, then either you're too well off to realize how this might affect you (so good for you!) .. or well, you can infer yourself.

but the bottom line is this: thinks are NOT okay, and they're only gonna get worse.

Brains

TD Admin (and LiR)
On the bright side of things, lots of highly wealthy companies donate tones of money, like bill gates or warren buffet, but then again, some make billions and billions and donate less than %1. What can people do with all this money they have :| If I made hundreds of millions a year, id donate, give away sooo much. Go into OSAP offices and just be like "everyone here gets their school paid for. Peace"

MetalLobster

TD Admin
On the bright side of things, lots of highly wealthy companies donate tones of money, like bill gates or warren buffet, but then again, some make billions and billions and donate less than %1. What can people do with all this money they have :| If I made hundreds of millions a year, id donate, give away sooo much. Go into OSAP offices and just be like "everyone here gets their school paid for. Peace"

Not everyone is a bright, generous, people-loving Canadian like you, Brains.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
why are you so comfortable to live in a world where RISK is the main determinant of wealth rather than ability or intellect.

Fuck fork, you're making it hard for me to be a libertarian.

If the wealthy deserve the immense wealth they have because they took the risks, then why are the people who aren't the risk takers the biggest losers?
In gambling the gamblers are the biggest winners and losers. Not the guy who just tags along with his friends and drinks free coffee all night instead of gambling.

The idea that the middle class is deserving/responsible for the shit position it is in, just because it did not take risk is a joke. That is simply ignoring the real issue and victim blaming.

Fork Included

TD Admin
What does some yahoo university liberal know about anything Fork.

Obviously the middle class deserves to be fucked left-to-right, lazy common peon scum.

you're the middle class, Steve.

and she's not some university liberal, shes now a senator and making big waves in your parliament

Fork Included

TD Admin
Too many people complaining and not allowing their government to do anything.

People spend 363 days out of the year arguing on how to do something and then wonder why nothing gets done.

Brades

Bailer
Staff member
Too many people complaining and not allowing their government to do anything.

People spend 363 days out of the year arguing on how to do something and
then wonder why nothing gets done.

It has nothing to do with what the people want... it's about winning seats.