Forcing New Maps

.44 caliber

TD Admin
So with everyone's consent I would like to enforce at least two of the new customs when I sit down to play each night. Speaking with Steve and Bj yesterday made me realize that creating new popular maps means adding a little encouragement. If we pick a couple of the same new maps and keep forcing them into play during peak hours then maybe we can stop the same repetitive nominations and create new favourites. Last nights custom map night was fun and nostalgic.

What I need help with if we pursue this is for every member to help by nominating diff maps once Shotgun Jesus has added them nomination menu. Controlling the nomination will in the end cause this change to happen.

Can I have the flags set so that I can create votes?

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
The following have been added to the back of the nomination list:

• de_navarrobase
  • de_sewer_b3
  • de_hydrofire
  • de_desolate_rc1
  • de_cpl_strike_td
  • de_scorch
  • de_icewerk
  • de_corruption
  • cs_occupation

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
corruption + occupation = ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, kill it with plutonium !

TD Admin, Chicken Licker, Top Shelf Sleeper
maps should be forced, ppl dont know what they r doing.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
be sure to remove promhoz from nomination

and while you're at it replace d2 with d2nightfix on the normal map vote rotation. seriously.

excalibur

DARKLY Regular
i think scortch may be crashing the server each time i have been on when it was the next map the server shuts down and we are back to d2

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
Took de_scorch off for the time being. It played fine twice yesterday when I was on, but also crashed the first time we tried with full server.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
i think scortch may be crashing the server each time i have been on when it was the next map the server shuts down and we are back to d2

our fast download server is craps the bed when to many people are downloading a big map at once. Did this on scorch, wanda, and apollo.

Good news is we were already switching to a new VPS for our web stuff/download server so this issue should be cleared up in the new map.

All that being said, I think scorch is a bit of a weak map.

Shotgun Jesus

TD Admin
Staff member
The following are the maps that have stayed in rotation from the new (or old, depending on how you look at it) maps we've put on:

• de_cpl_strike_td
  • de_dust_pcg
  • de_dust2_night_fix
  • de_hydrofire
  • de_icewerk
  • de_navarrobase
  • de_sewer_b3

They were at the back of the nomination list, but I've now scattered them in the list's pages.

OG buckshot jr

TD Admin
hahaha "putin" new maps on hahahaha Well done Sj, cheeky bastard!

=> I'm fixing de_egonworld_td right now. Should be done for the afternoon! :D (roof open access, spawnpoints proper, BEAUTIFUL radar, de_ prefix/_td suffix). HOLLA.

Steve

TD Admin | Bacon
The following are the maps that have stayed in rotation from the new (or old, depending on how you look at it) maps we've put on:

• de_cpl_strike_td
  • de_dust_pcg
  • de_dust2_night_fix
  • de_hydrofire
  • de_icewerk
  • de_navarrobase
  • de_sewer_b3

They were at the back of the nomination list, but I've now scattered them in the list's pages.

Hydrofire isn't in nomination list or rotation :(

FREE HYDROFIRE!~!!!!!!